HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2006, 09:11 PM   #4711

Wow! Looks very yummy indeed! especially the oyster!

btw, where is this restaurant located? will be going to taipei there end sept and would like to try it out.
Alight at Zhong Hsiao Dun Hua MRT and walk to Ming Yao Department building and go take lift to 12th floor, and out u will see this buffet restaurant call Xi(3) Duo(1) Wu(2)
Old 17-08-2006, 09:16 PM   #4712

BubbleQoo, thanks for the reply.

I am now torn between 2 options:

1) stay overnight to relax and loosen the schedule
2) do everything in 1 day, rch early at 9+ and left late at 9+ too

sigh....
Just make sure this: whatever u plan, dun try to squeeze in everything in one day becos it is going to be very tiring and hectic. U may think its possible but u have to take note of the availability of the train schedule and also the time taken for public transport and traffic jam. Dun forget u have to do quite bit of walking and waiting time as well. Like me, I also try to squeeze in as much in one day and ended up to tiring at night and skip or miss one or two places which is really a waste! Plan everything in fluent and relaxing manner.
Old 17-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #4713

Hi,

i went to the website but couldn't get to see the rates and details that you have posted here. only saw the pics of the rooms and amenities.

can you advise where i can see the details of the rooms etc?

thank you!
what kind of details u wana to see??
Old 17-08-2006, 09:59 PM   #4714

Just like to share this contact I got when we took the Freego bus. Feel it's very worth it, at least save the hassle of buying train tickets that does not guarantee you a seat.

Cost : NT500 (S$25) per person
Timing : 9am to 4pm
Type of Coach : those that you have to take a few flight of steps to the 2nd level, comfy!
Itinerary :
- Wei Ge Pineapple tarts : NT400 for 20 pcs. This is the one recommended by Ivy Lee and Chen Han Wei. The pineapple tarts are not as sweet. If your order is at least NT1000, they will deliver to the hotel on your departure date by 11am to ensure it's fresh.

- The Martyrs' Shrine : They will reach there 10 mins before the guard changing ceremony and let you spend abt 1/2 hr there.

- Tea House : Let u sit down, enjoy some aircon and sip some tea. Those who answer questions will get a bag of tea leaves. They will "sell" you how good the tea is blar blar.

- Jiu Fen : Reached there around 12 noon and you have 3 hrs to roam around yrself. The last time I went is on a weekend so big buses are not allow to go uphill, we had to change to their public bus to go up (bus fare paid by tour guide).

Pick up is 3pm, you are then free to choose to alight either at Shi Lin, Taipei Main Station or back to your hotel.

We are given a return airport Freego tix free (worth NT100)!

To contact Mr Deng 0925 993 720 for Mandarin speaking or Mr Qin 0925 822 819 for Cantonese speaking.
Old 17-08-2006, 10:18 PM   #4715
Arch-Supremacy Member

is the location and rooms good? inside ximenting? cos so far i have not heard of this hotel. do you know what is the english name for it?

thank you!
King regency hotel
Old 17-08-2006, 11:22 PM   #4716

Just make sure this: whatever u plan, dun try to squeeze in everything in one day becos it is going to be very tiring and hectic. U may think its possible but u have to take note of the availability of the train schedule and also the time taken for public transport and traffic jam. Dun forget u have to do quite bit of walking and waiting time as well. Like me, I also try to squeeze in as much in one day and ended up to tiring at night and skip or miss one or two places which is really a waste! Plan everything in fluent and relaxing manner.
Thanks for the advice, BubbleQoo.

I decided to spread across the 1.5 days, stay overnight to relax.. hehehe cos i am bringing 2 aunties, 1 is my mum and another her gd frd.
Old 18-08-2006, 12:17 AM   #4717

hi, jus wanna ask wat kind of plug they using for the hotel room?

i wanna bring my adapter to charge my camera. is their same as sg?

thanks!!
Old 18-08-2006, 12:34 AM   #4718

help...
i nw in taipei xmd internet cafe...
hw 2 call back 2 singapore hp???
some 1 pls help
Old 18-08-2006, 01:35 AM   #4719

U can call back my 002 - 65 - ******* i just come back from taipei

or either 008 - 65 - ********
Old 18-08-2006, 01:42 AM   #4720

just back from taipei
fun but tring......
Old 18-08-2006, 11:42 AM   #4721

hi, jus wanna ask wat kind of plug they using for the hotel room?

i wanna bring my adapter to charge my camera. is their same as sg?

thanks!!
HI THERE,

taiwan using 110 volt power supply.
sockets and plugs using are those two pin flat..
singapore is using the 240v

if u buy the adapter from singapore... should be easy.. usually the package will state wat country is using which.
cant remeber how much it cost .. but should be around S$2 to S$5 per piece

bring extra batt if u have.. one full charge batt not enough for my digi cam consumption.!

happy photo taking ya.!!
Old 18-08-2006, 01:27 PM   #4722

Just like to share this contact I got when we took the Freego bus. Feel it's very worth it, at least save the hassle of buying train tickets that does not guarantee you a seat.

Cost : NT500 (S$25) per person
Timing : 9am to 4pm
Type of Coach : those that you have to take a few flight of steps to the 2nd level, comfy!
Itinerary :
- Wei Ge Pineapple tarts : NT400 for 20 pcs. This is the one recommended by Ivy Lee and Chen Han Wei. The pineapple tarts are not as sweet. If your order is at least NT1000, they will deliver to the hotel on your departure date by 11am to ensure it's fresh.

- The Martyrs' Shrine : They will reach there 10 mins before the guard changing ceremony and let you spend abt 1/2 hr there.

- Tea House : Let u sit down, enjoy some aircon and sip some tea. Those who answer questions will get a bag of tea leaves. They will "sell" you how good the tea is blar blar.

- Jiu Fen : Reached there around 12 noon and you have 3 hrs to roam around yrself. The last time I went is on a weekend so big buses are not allow to go uphill, we had to change to their public bus to go up (bus fare paid by tour guide).

Pick up is 3pm, you are then free to choose to alight either at Shi Lin, Taipei Main Station or back to your hotel.

We are given a return airport Freego tix free (worth NT100)!

To contact Mr Deng 0925 993 720 for Mandarin speaking or Mr Qin 0925 822 819 for Cantonese speaking.
Is this a local tour agency and it covers the Martyrs Shrine and JiuFen?
What about other places of interest, such as WuLai? Does this agency cover it as well?
Old 18-08-2006, 01:53 PM   #4723

boyfren?? hubby or guy frens coming along???
make use of them to eat the remind portion like bubbleQoo did..
hahaa... but really indeed nice food u can find anywhere any place..
try drink the honey with bitter gourd juice.. very good drink..
can reduce and remove heatiness in body.!!especially if u eating those deep fried food stuff.!!

if u going to zhongxiao dong luo (road along the sogo).. pay attention of those building back alley.. there they have many tea house where youngest like to hang out.. they chat, play games..etc.. very popular spots for young people they sell major in tea and many variety of finger food.!! open till very late at nite.

if u have taiwanese friend?? ask them teach u play taiwanese style pool. very different playing ..
going with hubby... and hubby can eat a lot one... so i'm not too worried... he he....

ya lor... i see from pics here and found some thru the net all look and sound very yummy! looking forward to try them out.... but i think i will skip the smelly tofu... cannot tahan the smell at all! like in HK, had to stop breathing from some distance when start smelling it...

thanks for the tip! but with bittergourd, will it be very bitter??? this drink can buy on the streets also?
Old 18-08-2006, 01:57 PM   #4724

yah yah...for Ta Shun Hotel, just ask from the counter and they will lend you the cable for free.
oh, that's great! got a lot of pple using or not huh?
Old 18-08-2006, 01:59 PM   #4725

1. Ah Zhong Mian Sian - XMD
2. Hao Da Ji Pai - only shilin night market taste the BEST!!
3. Smelly tofu - all sorts of night market including danshui and jiufen!
4. San Xiong Mei Ice - XMD
5. Da Chang Bao Siao Chang - all night markets
6. Da Bing Bao Siao Bing - shilin the best i think
7. Xi Duo Wu Buffet - ming yao department 12th floor at zhong hsiao dun hua
8. Fei Tian Steamboat - I ate this at XMD opposite Ta Shun Hotel

Thank you so much for the info! Will copy out and bring there to find the treats!

Last edited by hi3112; 18-08-2006 at 02:02 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.