HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2006, 09:21 AM   #4801

Hi xiao,
Looks like our plans are pretty different, no matter. I plan to spend more time out of taipei in more scenic areas. only 2nd night I'll be in TS. after that is a whirlwind movement from hualien -> Jiufen -> taichung -> LuKang -> Alishan etc... I'm leaving 9th & 10th back towards the city, hv not decided where. Maybe may drop by Hsin-chu to visit some old frens & thus go nanliao to fly kites... very strong wind there, my wife nvr fly kites before...maybe she'll like it.

Joan, how about yourself?
I was thinking of that too.. cos first time day so wanna look around Taipei first and i am bringing 2 aunties.. hahaha...

Next round will go trekking with friends already... at Yushan and definitely go out of Taipei....
Old 25-08-2006, 11:23 AM   #4802
Master Member

Oic, i booked 2nd & 3rd Sept, 1.5 days for me.. going back to Taipei in the afternoon on 3rd. Maybe can see you on the 3rd when u come in the morning.. if evening time, would have miss each other... For the room, weekend is NT$1,500 and weekday is NT$1,000. Anyway, i booked NT$2000 for a big room cos 4 persons staying together...

Tour NT$2,000 per day is what she quote me as well.. (for 4 persons unless i heard wrongly)...
I shd be taking the 9:30am taipei train which is non-stop to Hualien arriving 11:48am. We're only 2 person. Did u intend to go rafting? Any details wht u'll be doing in Hualien? I'm leaving everything up to her.
Old 25-08-2006, 11:59 AM   #4803

just come back from taipei...
when 2 luxy on last fri night, saw a group of sporean guys,
u know hw we know they r sporean, one of the guy scold his frenz "Chee Bye La", then we know they r sporean... hahahahah... that sporean...
Girls in Luxy is not things, but i prefer girls in Xin men ding, they more NAP...
Old 25-08-2006, 01:39 PM   #4804

I shd be taking the 9:30am taipei train which is non-stop to Hualien arriving 11:48am. We're only 2 person. Did u intend to go rafting? Any details wht u'll be doing in Hualien? I'm leaving everything up to her.
I will be going to taroko, all other scenery areas and the night markets.. no rafting cos aunties dunno how to raft.. i would love to raft but cannot... maybe next time..

Since reaching around noon will definitely go tour then go Ms Lius Minsu to check in only late afternoon.. by then we are on the train back Taipei.. cos going Wufenpu that evening... i don't think can meet....
Old 25-08-2006, 04:17 PM   #4805
Arch-Supremacy Member

just come back from taipei...
when 2 luxy on last fri night, saw a group of sporean guys,
u know hw we know they r sporean, one of the guy scold his frenz "Chee Bye La", then we know they r sporean... hahahahah... that sporean...
Girls in Luxy is not things, but i prefer girls in Xin men ding, they more NAP...
Not really, i have taiwanese friends who also scold chee bye la and use all type of singlish as well.
Old 26-08-2006, 11:09 PM   #4806
Banned

Hi, may i know that how travel from CKS airport to GoodGround hotel or Taipei MRT station or xinmeitin ??? Thank.
Old 27-08-2006, 09:11 AM   #4807
Supremacy Member

Hi, may i know that how travel from CKS airport to GoodGround hotel or Taipei MRT station or xinmeitin ??? Thank.
I believe the answer you are looking for is within the previous few pages.

Take some time and browse through them. Happy reading
Old 27-08-2006, 05:12 PM   #4808
Master Member

Look at the big juicy tempura prawns!! And the nice icy free flow cold beer!
There is free flow of red wine also but dun taste good leh and din manage to get the picture! hehehe....That's all for today folks! More delicious pictures coming up!

wa..look so nice...blubbleQoo...where is it at?..buffet ?,,how much is it per person leh?
Old 28-08-2006, 09:02 AM   #4809
Arch-Supremacy Member

Take their " Fei Gou" bus. Very bright in color , you wouldn't miss it.
Old 28-08-2006, 09:43 PM   #4810
Banned

Just to check with you guys, i intend to buy a mobile phone without line down there, so as compare to here, is cheaper down there or here??
Old 28-08-2006, 10:02 PM   #4811

HI,
You can get an idea from this site to compare current offers for mobile phones:
http://shopping.pchome.com.tw/phone.php
Old 28-08-2006, 10:50 PM   #4812
Master Member

I called up the chiayi - alishan rail today. they say if try to get tickets on actual day, not likely to be able to get. Is it true? anyone knows?
Old 28-08-2006, 11:15 PM   #4813

Correct, so it is best to call them and book when you arrive here. Or Take the Bus up to Alishan Mountain and the Train Down.

The online booking process is a bit complicated for me,so if anyone has successfully done it, please post directions.
Old 28-08-2006, 11:49 PM   #4814
Master Member

can i call them & book while I'm still in Singapore? But I can only collect tickets on actual day though.
Old 28-08-2006, 11:57 PM   #4815
Banned

Hi, nuttyazn thank for your information. Well.......sorry for the trouble agan i have a few more question below.

Q1. I will be going to taipei at 07/09/2006 to 14/09/2006 alone + first time oversea travel in my life (5D4N) soon, but yet to plan my Itinerary as i was confused and don't know what to plan( too much information ). And even i read almost 200+ post here, i only plan the first day only AND below are my plan for the first day, please comment

DAY 1

1.Reach CKS Airport

2.Take Freego Bus from airport to GoodGround hotel ( but where should i alight? )

3. Reach the hotel about 7.30pm-8.00pm ( am i correct about the travel time? )

4 Take MRT to Jiantan station to Shihlin night market and if got time visit Miramar ferris wheel and complex ( do you think, that i got enough time for the two place? What are the recommend time to go back to hotel before last MRT train? or if i stay very late Eg: 12.00am to 1.00am and take cab back, is the cab fare expensive or not? )

DAY 2

pls give suggestion and comment !

( For my plan, i intend to use this day to visit some famous Culture place morning to late afternoon and night market and shopping in evening eg: maybe ximeitin?, so what do you think?)

DAY 3

(pls give suggestion and comment !)

( For my plan, i intend to use this day to visit some Recreation place like landmark, nightlife( Eg: loverbridge or other ) of course abit of shopping and one nightmarket, so wat do you think?)

DAY 4

(pls give suggestion and comment !!!)

LAST DAY

(pls give suggestion before i take bus/cab at 3.30pm to CKS airport)

Q2. I intend to go and watch guess guess show down there, but don't know their live recording schedule and how to collect the ticket?

Q3 Any other fun place??

Well....Sorry for the long question, and thank to all of you here.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.