HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2006, 09:56 AM   #4966

i nvr knew the rd was so long.
tks
It is in Sections. Sec 1 is near Taipei Train Station Circle and Sec 6 is way passed the 101 building off Keelung road towards KunyangMRT

Hsinyi Rd is another Long road Starts near the CKS Mem Hall and goes passed the WTC and 101 bldg.
Old 14-09-2006, 09:58 AM   #4967
Arch-Supremacy Member

It is in Sections. Sec 1 is near Taipei Train Station Circle and Sec 6 is way passed the 101 building off Keelung road towards KunyangMRT

Hsinyi Rd is another Long road Starts near the CKS Mem Hall.
r u taiwanese??
Old 14-09-2006, 09:59 AM   #4968

No, been here 21 years, came over from Singapore, Indian.
Old 14-09-2006, 10:00 AM   #4969
Arch-Supremacy Member

No, been here 21 years, came over from Singapore, Indian.
???????????
Old 14-09-2006, 10:04 AM   #4970

???????????
I grew up in Singapore . Lived there from 1967 to 1985. From 1985 to present , here in Taiwan. I am an Indian.
Old 14-09-2006, 10:06 AM   #4971
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is there any nice food or stuff to bring to Singapore from Taipei?

My frenz is going to Taipei this monlth
and I was wondering what can I buy
Old 14-09-2006, 10:08 AM   #4972
Arch-Supremacy Member

I grew up in Singapore . Lived there from 1967 to 1985. From 1985 to present , here in Taiwan. I am an Indian.
icic,
so u join the protest against a-bian??????
Old 14-09-2006, 10:19 AM   #4973

Hsinyi Rd is another Long road Starts near the CKS Mem Hall and goes passed the WTC and 101 bldg.

I have limited time to shop in ZhongXiao Dong Road.

As such, can you suggest the best section of the Road for shopping?

thank you
Old 14-09-2006, 10:30 AM   #4974

been raining for the last few days. lucky only the last 2 days of my trip was affected & by then i was in taipei, so end up doing indoor shopping & visiting CKS & SYS & 101 & HuaXi night mkt (which is covered).

Xiao, actually we nearly met. Ms Liu intro me to all her ex-guest who stayed in her place..haha. And I went back to stay in TSHotel too.

BTW, the minsu owner for Hualien Ms Liu is building a huge new place. She got ambitious plans for it and its right besides the sea (with seaview i suppose). Expect ready end of the year. So even better news for those visiting Hualien in the future. She asked me to promote it to SGians..haha.

For Hualien, my suggestion is 2 nites stay at her place. 1st day, travel by 930am train which is the fastest way to Hualien of all trains (only 2:30h). When reach by noon, hv lunch (Ms Liu will recommend). Those taking drivers for NT$2000 will visit taroko & night mkt. For those budget conscious and if I've known earlier, rent a bike NT$300 is enough. Its easy to get to Taroko and the direction is v. clear! And Hualien is a small place, not easy to get lost. So save ur NT$2000 for day 2.

Day 2 travel southwards. Renting a driver will cost about NT$2800 for whole day dependin on how far u go. So if Day 2 nite still stay in hualien, u can go further. its definitely worth it. For those who dun mind riding. continue wif bike, but its a long ride. Go by mountain road south (with many places to visit along the way) and come back via ocean road. The Pacific Ocean is magnifient as usual!!! and lots of scenic spots to stop by.

Will post pics if anyone interested..haha
Shadus, that bad.. raining for the last few days when u were there.. for me, it only rain while i am on public transport and stopped after i get off.

The last day rained heavily but we are only walking around XMD so wait till it's time, go back TS hotel and wait for freego to pick us up to airport. By the time, we board the bus, the rain stops also..

For Hualien, Ms liu also tell us to promote to all SGians.. that she has a new big minsu by the beach where she picked all the pebbles for us to draw.. ready by Dec 06.. i will definitely go again to visit.. hehehe maybe next year... if i know earlier, will go later in the yr.. to enjoy the new facilities.. hehehe but too bad..
Old 14-09-2006, 10:37 AM   #4975

Is there any nice food or stuff to bring to Singapore from Taipei?

My frenz is going to Taipei this monlth
and I was wondering what can I buy
1) They have nice taiyang bing, go to Taipei 101 Taichung Lao Taiyang Tang, only 1 outlet in Taipei. Another kind of taiyang bing by Lee Yi Bing Dian also not bad, this one is at Jiufen, from the hill top walk down sure can see one..
2) Nice cute candies which is cheap and can buy in all candies stall.. they have like body parts (female & male) chocolates, mashmallow and etc..
3) Xiao3mi3jiu3 (little rice wine) but can only get the good ones in Hualien.. hehehe

The rest of the stuff really had to be eaten there.. then u won't regret.. like Hao3Da4Da4 Ji1pai2 (XXL Chk cutlet), peanut & icecream popiah, Sun brothers chua4 bing1 (taiwan ice kachang) and etc.. too many to name..
Old 14-09-2006, 10:42 AM   #4976

www.tshotel.com.tw

book early for weekends to avoid disappointment. they're always very full.
yup i totally agree...

and it's fun to see the same counter person at specific timing..

For eg, morning before 8am, u will see the guy on duty cos he starts from 10pm in the night and u will see Ms Cai from 8am and when u come back around 8+ u will see her too.. after that, she is gone and u see the guy again.. Once in awhile u will see the lady boss in the restaurant helping with the breakfast or reading newspaper in the counter in the morning..

Maybe we should suggest sofa seats at the lobby for pple waiting for freego bus or check-in cos sometimes too many in-coming guests...
Old 14-09-2006, 11:21 AM   #4977
Master Member

xiao,

yar, they email me to ask for feedback. i was thinking of the following coz i had chance to stay in 4 different rooms during my stay there (i treated taipei like a transition pt. during our travels in taiwan)

1. Some rooms bathroom no door, suggest curtains else whole floor v. wet
2. most bathroom floor tiles not done properly, will "collect" water
3. Their standard room price versus deluxe price difference kinda big compared to the room difference. suggest they either raise the standard room price a bit or lower the deluxe room price a bit.

wht do u think? haha. any other suggestions beside the sofa?

anyway, i think we may visit northern vietnam for F&E next. otherwise, if taiwan again, will focus on southern taiwan & the islands.

(PS, r u working for govt establishment?)
Old 14-09-2006, 11:26 AM   #4978
Master Member

Shadus, that bad.. raining for the last few days when u were there.. for me, it only rain while i am on public transport and stopped after i get off.

The last day rained heavily but we are only walking around XMD so wait till it's time, go back TS hotel and wait for freego to pick us up to airport. By the time, we board the bus, the rain stops also..

For Hualien, Ms liu also tell us to promote to all SGians.. that she has a new big minsu by the beach where she picked all the pebbles for us to draw.. ready by Dec 06.. i will definitely go again to visit.. hehehe maybe next year... if i know earlier, will go later in the yr.. to enjoy the new facilities.. hehehe but too bad..
yar, last 2 days in taipei keep raining. alishan also rained the whole week for afternoon. lucky morning still ok. taipei rain still ok, we choose indoor places to visit and we didnt hv plans for YMS anyway.

Did Ms liu showed u pics of her new place? i think every room will hv a balcony facing the pacific ocean. quite a good idea. then she was trying to decide on interior decor and front gate and was discussin wif me..haha.

actually, not a bad idea to try out taiwan winter period. got totally different food to try!

BTW, to all forumers who visits Ms Liu, if u want her to cook jiang-mu duck, just let her know, but in advance as she needs to buy ingredients. its her pet dish!
Old 14-09-2006, 11:54 AM   #4979

icic,
so u join the protest against a-bian??????
I am Green

SMT has got cancer. he is trying to go out with a bang, trying to get his name into Taiwan History. All the current people out there in the Ketagalan Blvd are Losers like Soong, Ex DPP who could not be Prez:Hsu and majority of the crowd is KMT housewives and old retired persons.

:Shih said that he was satisfied with the demonstration because every protester participated voluntarily and did not abandon the cause because of the rain.

When asked whether any improvements needed to be made in the rally, Shih said speakers should be more careful in choosing their words.

He was referring to a slip of tongue by Wang Lie-ping a campaign spokeswoman.

Wang was booed off of the podium on Saturday when she said that "we, the people of the Republic of Taiwan" were not afraid of the rain -- a remark that angered the multitude of pan-blue supporters who believe Taiwan should be called the "Republic of China."

Read this:
http://investintaiwan.nat.gov.tw/en/...006090605.html

"In 2005, current amount surpluses dipped slightly, with export figures growing by 8.5% and import figures growing 8.0%, thus indicating an export surplus; as of the end of July 2006, Taiwan's foreign exchange reserves reached USD 260.371 billion."
When A Bian came to power in 2000, this figure was only USD106+ Bil. Non of this with KMT help.
Old 14-09-2006, 11:58 AM   #4980

Never ask anyone to raise the price a bit!! Always make it lower cheaper while raising the standard.

During Winter, there are a lot of Herbal dishes and soups and in the old days , dog meat was available.

Me, Govt?? No. I run a small trading company, enough to feed me and keep me here , nothing special.

Last edited by nuttyazn; 14-09-2006 at 12:02 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.