HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #4981

xiao,

yar, they email me to ask for feedback. i was thinking of the following coz i had chance to stay in 4 different rooms during my stay there (i treated taipei like a transition pt. during our travels in taiwan)

1. Some rooms bathroom no door, suggest curtains else whole floor v. wet
2. most bathroom floor tiles not done properly, will "collect" water
3. Their standard room price versus deluxe price difference kinda big compared to the room difference. suggest they either raise the standard room price a bit or lower the deluxe room price a bit.

wht do u think? haha. any other suggestions beside the sofa?

anyway, i think we may visit northern vietnam for F&E next. otherwise, if taiwan again, will focus on southern taiwan & the islands.

(PS, r u working for govt establishment?)
2) It is a good suggestion, should let them know. I tried the NTD1680 room and the water in the bathroom like cannot flow down leh..
3) Not only prices vary, they don't have twin queensize beds in a room to cater for 4 gd friends staying together or so... they only allow adding tatami mats as additional pple staying in.. which is not really value for money.. It's a suggestion will be worthwhile for friends who wanted to bunk in together..

Apart from sofa set, i really wanna complain on the food.. maybe shd improve abit more.. they have porridge everyday leh.. maybe everyday variety change here and there.. like having soya bean drink with youtiao or something... we ate until bored.. sometimes passed by the road store selling other kinda food we ate that instead.. hahaha
Old 14-09-2006, 01:34 PM   #4982

yar, last 2 days in taipei keep raining. alishan also rained the whole week for afternoon. lucky morning still ok. taipei rain still ok, we choose indoor places to visit and we didnt hv plans for YMS anyway.

Did Ms liu showed u pics of her new place? i think every room will hv a balcony facing the pacific ocean. quite a good idea. then she was trying to decide on interior decor and front gate and was discussin wif me..haha.

actually, not a bad idea to try out taiwan winter period. got totally different food to try!

BTW, to all forumers who visits Ms Liu, if u want her to cook jiang-mu duck, just let her know, but in advance as she needs to buy ingredients. its her pet dish!
Ya, ms liu showed me the pics of the new beach minsu... very nice.. every room got balcony.. and she mentioned 2nd floor will be open to family of 6 or more.. etc..

If i know she cooks jiang-mu duck, i sure will ask her to cook.. i will do that next time when i go.. hehehe...

I went to YMS but only took the NTD15 bus and toured around YMS.. it was raining during the whole 1hr bus route through the tourists spots and we never got down to walk. By the time i reached YMS interchange, it stopped raining.. but we sat until wanna sleep during the bus ride cos raining and the bus interior is cozy.. hahahaha.. but i took alot of pics while cruising in the bus...
Old 14-09-2006, 01:49 PM   #4983
Master Member

eat jiang-mu duck in summer? not afraid nose-bleed ah? its a terribly heaty food to be honest. i didnt spent a lot of time out of her hse and was too tired to do much when i was back. she kept askin us to paint rocks..haha.

yar, breakfast is monotonous. anyway, both of us nvr ate their porridge. we only make toast bread and eat the freshly cooked vegetables & egg & ham. its only to snack and then later will hv interesting lunch... haha.
Old 14-09-2006, 01:52 PM   #4984
Master Member

oh, somebody is GREEN ah.. I'm BLUE...haha.
everything in taiwan is always politically motivated lor.... if not for the rain, i would hv went for the sit-in... just to get free food..muahahah. but it was damn interesting... like a carnival. in fact, i think they purposely float some balloons in front of the hospital. dunno is it for Ms Bian to see..haha
Old 14-09-2006, 02:22 PM   #4985

Depends,the typhoon shift northwards,may still kenna some rain.
Avg temp is abt 22-30deg
Regarding wic hotel is nearer to mrt staion,depend wic mrt station u r referring?
Ta Shun is quite near to ximending station
Wan Tai Hotel,is it near to the mrt stn? Frm airport to hotel, is it easy to access? If not, beside tis hotel got any recommendation? Gd & budget! Hee....jus need a plc to slp can already
Old 14-09-2006, 03:06 PM   #4986
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wan Tai Hotel,is it near to the mrt stn? Frm airport to hotel, is it easy to access? If not, beside tis hotel got any recommendation? Gd & budget! Hee....jus need a plc to slp can already
ta shun quite good
Old 14-09-2006, 05:52 PM   #4987

anyone keen to go taipei on 29dec to 7jan? the return date has been sold out. bro going overseas for studies so need to sell away the tix.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showt...3#post20249153
Old 14-09-2006, 09:11 PM   #4988

read so many pages but looks like no ppl tok abt theme parks in taiwan. i am goin taiwan next mth, n plan to go to theme parks like xiao ren guo. is there any theme parks tat r fun n things to see?
Old 14-09-2006, 10:09 PM   #4989
Arch-Supremacy Member

read so many pages but looks like no ppl tok abt theme parks in taiwan. i am goin taiwan next mth, n plan to go to theme parks like xiao ren guo. is there any theme parks tat r fun n things to see?
leo fu village quite fun
Old 14-09-2006, 11:29 PM   #4990
Master Member

heard the hualien theme park not too bad. looks bigger than leo fu village too.

anyway, i'm nvr a fan of taiwan theme parks coz japan ones so much better
Old 15-09-2006, 08:47 AM   #4991
Arch-Supremacy Member

heard the hualien theme park not too bad. looks bigger than leo fu village too.

anyway, i'm nvr a fan of taiwan theme parks coz japan ones so much better
u mean the hualien hai yang gong yuan??
tats wan cmi
Old 15-09-2006, 09:34 AM   #4992

Janfusan and Yamay theme Parks have World Class rides.

Taiwan Theme Parks:
http://www.justaiwan.com/amusemantpark/english/map.htm

Last edited by nuttyazn; 15-09-2006 at 09:44 AM..
Old 15-09-2006, 09:37 AM   #4993
Arch-Supremacy Member

Janfusan and Yamay theme Parks have World Class rides.
G5 at the Janfusan my favourite......
Old 15-09-2006, 10:20 AM   #4994

Im in Taipei now. Rainbow hotel. my 2nd stay here. Everything still as good. anywae to dae n tml will be affected by the rain caused by the typhoon passing by taiwan.

sian 1/2. planning my sight seeing on these daes need to change now. anywae the news is all abt the anti bian now......change wat channel oso them..

heard on the 16th they are going to go near the taipei main station and at dat time the train migh not stop at the station at all.

will either stop at songshan or wan hua.
Old 15-09-2006, 01:18 PM   #4995

Correct. This is because the Greens are going to take to the streets and occupy the space in front of the Presidentioa office.Just be a bit careful as Gangsters are out to cause some trouble.
The Safe way is to move around by MRT and avoid getting off at Taipei Station. You can transfer MRT there, that wont be a problem.

Queenly, hope you are having a good time .

Yup- the news channels- Nothing is going on in Taiwan or rest of the world, just the protest,A real pathetic group of people.

Last edited by nuttyazn; 15-09-2006 at 01:21 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.