HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-09-2006, 01:25 PM   #4996

Stars has opened a new outlet called OneStar on Chongqing S Rd (Not related One Star Chang An)
http://www.taipeionestarhotel.com.tw/
Old 15-09-2006, 01:44 PM   #4997

eat jiang-mu duck in summer? not afraid nose-bleed ah? its a terribly heaty food to be honest. i didnt spent a lot of time out of her hse and was too tired to do much when i was back. she kept askin us to paint rocks..haha.

yar, breakfast is monotonous. anyway, both of us nvr ate their porridge. we only make toast bread and eat the freshly cooked vegetables & egg & ham. its only to snack and then later will hv interesting lunch... haha.
hahaha, i don't mind.. if can nose bleed on the fav food..

I tried all the food.. btw, we never got the time to eat lunch.. only snack around most of the time.. but it was fun to try all sorts of food although not enuff...

I will definitely go Taiwan again.. this time round spent less time in Taipei but more at Taichung, Tainan, kaoshiung possibly.. more impt is to go climbing/trekking.. hopefully my dream can come true soon.. hehehe
Old 15-09-2006, 01:47 PM   #4998

Stars has opened a new outlet called OneStar on Chongqing S Rd (Not related One Star Chang An)
http://www.taipeionestarhotel.com.tw/
No wonder i saw 1 exactly the same name hotel over that road and walked over to XMD saw the same 1 again.. my mum was telling me that we reached XMD already cause the hotel is at XMD... i even tell my mum it may be operated by different pple..
Old 15-09-2006, 02:23 PM   #4999
Master Member

hahaha, i don't mind.. if can nose bleed on the fav food..

I tried all the food.. btw, we never got the time to eat lunch.. only snack around most of the time.. but it was fun to try all sorts of food although not enuff...

I will definitely go Taiwan again.. this time round spent less time in Taipei but more at Taichung, Tainan, kaoshiung possibly.. more impt is to go climbing/trekking.. hopefully my dream can come true soon.. hehehe
climbing?! we nearly died from climbing this trip.

nutty intro jinguashi, we climb & climb & climb. In the end, too tired & too late to search for the golden waterfall. then alishan, we also climb & climb just to make sure we walked all the trails! then south hualien, there's a nice temple with a tower situated rite on hill top. we tot since there liao, might as well.

think our next trip we decide to target seaside liao. hopefully lesser climbing.

the fresh muah-chee in hualien (zhen-ji) is really v. nice. the packed ones not so good.
Old 15-09-2006, 03:44 PM   #5000
Arch-Supremacy Member

climbing?! we nearly died from climbing this trip.

nutty intro jinguashi, we climb & climb & climb. In the end, too tired & too late to search for the golden waterfall. then alishan, we also climb & climb just to make sure we walked all the trails! then south hualien, there's a nice temple with a tower situated rite on hill top. we tot since there liao, might as well.

think our next trip we decide to target seaside liao. hopefully lesser climbing.

the fresh muah-chee in hualien (zhen-ji) is really v. nice. the packed ones not so good.
go kenting
Old 15-09-2006, 04:43 PM   #5001

Wan Tai Hotel,is it near to the mrt stn? Frm airport to hotel, is it easy to access? If not, beside tis hotel got any recommendation? Gd & budget! Hee....jus need a plc to slp can already
Wan Tai is around 15 minutes away from Hou Shanpi station. I would suggest you look for ximen mrt station or some centralised one. Rainbow, Kilin, Royal Castle and flowers are some common ones the guys here tried.

If you are on budget, try http://www.eztravel.com.tw/index.html
Old 15-09-2006, 05:17 PM   #5002

Hi there,

I have read through all posts but I still have doubts so wanna clarify.TianMu is at Mingteh Station or Shipai station?Cause I read the earlier posts some said its at Mingteh, some said its at Shipai. WufenPu mostly open up till what time? I know mostly said its best to go after 4.30 pm but I came upon one post saying it closes at 6? How come? Is KMall at Taipei main station? Nutty said Kuan Hwa electronics market is no longer at kuan hwa station instead it moved to Zhong Xiao Xin Sheng Exit 4 there at Chinsa S Road? Lastly the 3 big comic retailers at Tai Yuan Road near Mei Shuang Hotel is it and not at Kuan Hwa there?
Old 15-09-2006, 10:09 PM   #5003

I wish to purchase the freego bus tix from Taipei to KaoHsiung, but the link on their website is not working. you guys know if can email / phone to book instead?
Old 15-09-2006, 10:11 PM   #5004
Arch-Supremacy Member

r u in taipei now??
Old 16-09-2006, 01:08 AM   #5005

Hi,
Any1 can comment on my rough itinery? Can it be done? Or need to cut down?

Day 1: Taipei
Day 2: Hualien (Taroko Gorge, Seven Stars Beach)
Day 3: Yehliu/Jiufen/Keelung (worth it to stay overnight here?)
Day 4: Taipei
Day 5: Taichung (Sun Moon Lake), Qing Jing Farm (need to book with the farm? Necessary to stay overnight? How to get to Qing Jing Farm from Sun Moon Lake? Is it far?)
Day 6: Qing Jing Farm/Reach Taipei in evening
Day 7: Taipei

Thanks in advance for advice!
Old 16-09-2006, 10:08 AM   #5006

Hi crashdog,
Your plan looks okay.
Day 3-It's not necessary to stay overnight in Keelung.
Day 5: Sun Moon Lakethen Chingjing Farm, in a day?? Maybe or you can overnight in Taichung if you want and then go to Chingjing Farm, It depends on your budget and accomodation. In Tichung youcan do the NightMarkets and pubs. In ChingJing, you can get fresh Air and darkness There is a nantou Bus from Puli to Chingjing farm - travel time about 70 mins.
Old 16-09-2006, 11:40 AM   #5007

The Safe way is to move around by MRT and avoid getting off at Taipei Station. You can transfer MRT there, that wont be a problem.
Freego bus from airport will drop us off at Taipei Main Station right?
Any way to avoid the rally to get to XMD?

Vivian Hsu is having an autography session at Taoyuan Tonlin shopping centre.
It's near Toayuan Train Station. If dun take train, wat bus can we take?
Also since we are there, any attractions to visit in Taoyuan?
Old 16-09-2006, 01:46 PM   #5008

Hi,
Any1 can comment on my rough itinery? Can it be done? Or need to cut down?

Day 1: Taipei
Day 2: Hualien (Taroko Gorge, Seven Stars Beach)
Day 3: Yehliu/Jiufen/Keelung (worth it to stay overnight here?)
Day 4: Taipei
Day 5: Taichung (Sun Moon Lake), Qing Jing Farm (need to book with the farm? Necessary to stay overnight? How to get to Qing Jing Farm from Sun Moon Lake? Is it far?)
Day 6: Qing Jing Farm/Reach Taipei in evening
Day 7: Taipei

Thanks in advance for advice!

From taichung to SML you need to take a bus to Puli first then transfer to SML (please remember to tell the uncle to inform you when u reach SML or else you will go all the way to nantou... which i did)

If i am not wrong there is also a bus to Qing Jing farm at puli.... you might consider to stay overnight at puli or go back to taichung.
Old 16-09-2006, 08:24 PM   #5009

thanks for the directions.
but i'm still unsure... i read fr previous post that to get to taichung, can take a coach at a bus terminal near the taipei main station. is this the same bus to puli that u're talking about? so to say, i need to take bus fr taipei to puli then transfer to another bus to SML? How long is the whole journey including waiting time for bus? is there any website on the bus schedule?

I'm intending to reach Qing Jing Farm in the evening and spend the night there. In the morning, do the farm tour then back to taipei in evening...

the sequence:
Taipei(morning)-Puli-SML-Puli-QingJing
QingJing(morning)-Puli-Taipei
Where is FengJia Night market? do u think i can squeeze that in too?

Does the bus fr Puli stops exactly at Qing Jing or have to walk. Thinking of reaching Qing Jing in the evening so shd be quite dark and harder to navigate.

Last edited by crashdog; 16-09-2006 at 08:26 PM..
Old 16-09-2006, 09:51 PM   #5010

If you get time In Puli, you should visit this place:
Jhongtai Zen Monastery or Jhongtai Temple"
http://www.trimtnsa.gov.tw/english/R...traction12.htm
http://www.puli.gov.tw/en/Maps.htm
Address : No. 1 Jhongtai Road, Puli, Nantou County
Telephone: 049-2930215
Open Hours: 0600-1800
Very Unique.
http://www.libertytimes.com.tw/2005/...ay/today-1.jpg

CC Posted:
The Guoguang website says that the trip from Taipei to SML will take 4 hrs. 20 min., so not much of a difference....Guoguang is an established and reliable company, formerly state-owned---not that Green Transit isn't reliable, though. Taipei-SMLTWD465 one-way . Buses depart from Taipei Station West at 9:00, 10:00, 15:00 and 17:00. I see from the website that the last stop on this route is Sun Moon Lake, but I don't know why the route is labelled "Taipei-Puli" and not "Taipei-SML".
Guoguang Bus departs SML to Taipei at 7:20, 8:20, 14:20 and 16:20.
http://www.kingbus.com.tw/down2.php?li_code=1A020293
As you can see from this link, http://www.greenbusgroup.com/p4.htm, Greenbus has hourly departures. If you find Taipei Station too confusing, you might consider Greenbus.

So, you go directly to SML from Taipei, then from there to Puli by a different bus, In Puli, change to nantou bus for Chingjing.

Fengjia is at Taichung.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.