HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2006, 10:58 AM   #5056

Hi guys,

How do i book bus transport straight from Taipei airport to Hualian.

Thx
I've not come across any info on Bus to Hualien from Taipei but I'm sure there is some .
There is no direct bus from Taoyuan to Hualien.
Travel to Taipei Main Station by GuoGuang Bus, then Switch to Railway to get to Hualien.
Old 20-09-2006, 11:14 AM   #5057
Master Member

agree, rail to hualien is much faster. max 3hrs. i believe bus will take 5hrs if there's any.
Old 20-09-2006, 02:42 PM   #5058

Just called to check Guess recording.
Bad news for me
The next recording will be on 16 Oct.
Old 20-09-2006, 03:38 PM   #5059

Hi

Can advise how to go Martyrs Shrine? Did anyone go b4 on their own? Which is the nearest mrt to stop & then take bus? check the web stated tat by bus no.21, 42, 208, 213, 247, 287. Is the bus journey long to shrine? thks
Old 20-09-2006, 03:51 PM   #5060

i rem previously someone has mentioned that the best Forex is at one of the shops in People Park...any one has the most recent update on that?

I would need to change the forex on this Sat..

Anyone to advise?
Old 20-09-2006, 03:59 PM   #5061

now with the political situatioin in Taipei, would that in anyway affect tourists doing the usual visitations to shopping areas and outskirts such as yeliu, jiufen, beitou etc?

I heard that there are demonstrations in Taipei Railway station areas, and would that affect the train and bus transportation system?
Old 20-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #5062
Arch-Supremacy Member

dun think so la.......
Old 20-09-2006, 04:41 PM   #5063

Hi

Can advise how to go Martyrs Shrine? Did anyone go b4 on their own? Which is the nearest mrt to stop & then take bus? check the web stated tat by bus no.21, 42, 208, 213, 247, 287. Is the bus journey long to shrine? thks
Yuan Shan Station Exit 1. Take bus 21 or 287 at Zhong Shan Football Statium

i rem previously someone has mentioned that the best Forex is at one of the shops in People Park...any one has the most recent update on that?

I would need to change the forex on this Sat..
I change ytd at Pearl Center SGD1=NT20.68
Old 20-09-2006, 05:18 PM   #5064

now with the political situatioin in Taipei, would that in anyway affect tourists doing the usual visitations to shopping areas and outskirts such as yeliu, jiufen, beitou etc?

I heard that there are demonstrations in Taipei Railway station areas, and would that affect the train and bus transportation system?
They are moving out tonight at midnight from the Taipei Main Station back to the previous location in front of the Prez Office.

Let me tell you that there is no problem. I would advise you not pack Red or Green Outfits.All the tourist sites, NMs e.t.c. are Free of Politics.
Old 20-09-2006, 06:29 PM   #5065

They are moving out tonight at midnight from the Taipei Main Station back to the previous location in front of the Prez Office.

Let me tell you that there is no problem. I would advise you not pack Red or Green Outfits.All the tourist sites, NMs e.t.c. are Free of Politics.
Then what about blue outfits or stuff like blue tinted glasses etc?
Old 20-09-2006, 07:07 PM   #5066

I change ytd at Pearl Center SGD1=NT20.68
i got it at 20.4...neighbourhood money exchange...seems like pearl centre got the best rate
Old 20-09-2006, 11:17 PM   #5067

Anyone to advise?
yo yo...
My friend and my sis helped me change to NTD at Chinatown and Lucky plaza respectively last week was 20.7 and 20.6 respectively.
You can try lucky plaza near foodcourt.

When i'm there last week and over the weekends, the train services were running normally. No impact going to tourit sight seeing places.
Would recommend not to take taxi because some roads might be closed. Need to detour wor...
We took the taxi at one of the nights there and passed by near the in red supporters....i thought it's ok wor.
Old 20-09-2006, 11:41 PM   #5068

Then what about blue outfits or stuff like blue tinted glasses etc?
Blue is fine.

Pan Blue is the KMT/PFP - Pan Green is the DPP/TSU

However this protest is by Ex DPP being supported by KMT (They say No but Dont believe them) so he had to choose Commie Red to throw everyone off!!
Old 21-09-2006, 12:09 AM   #5069

I've not come across any info on Bus to Hualien from Taipei but I'm sure there is some .
There is no direct bus from Taoyuan to Hualien.
Travel to Taipei Main Station by GuoGuang Bus, then Switch to Railway to get to Hualien.
Thx for the advice

So do i need to book my train ticket to hualian in advance?
Old 21-09-2006, 12:40 AM   #5070
Master Member

I just back...rainy days..didn't have much chance to sightseeing..so mainly on shopping ba..

Opp TS hotel got one buffet bbq+steamboat 299NT..damn shiok..so die die try..especially their beef.
hee...the store outside alot of red lantern one.

Then just opp the buffet store got one JS burger...Chicken burger nice nice...they shld have finish renovating..cos i bought for the first 2 days and was told they will be close for renovation..on 18th when i leaving..almost done liao..damn fast.

my 5 days there..never take taxi..all cab and bus...quite convenient ...anything dunno just ask ba..ppl there are helpful.

I went to taipei main station....those strike ain't really that kua zhang as show on tv ba....as a tourist..100% wont be affected lor.

If u are thinking to get some sports apparel...can buy over there..i bought a Nike Free 5.0v2 at $40 cheaper than in singapore..just check out those sports shop at XMD.

went to a few night market ...but find out surprisingly that i like Rao He the best....cos in between rows of shops ..in the middle will be stores selling food...as shilin now seperate liao, no more that night market feel..then at rao he ..just cross the song shan train station will be Wu fen pu...and quite alot of guys stuff to buy also.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.