HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2006, 12:56 AM   #5071

Im going on 3 Oct and barely planned my trip or booked my hotel. Tentatively looking at the following:

Day1 : Arrive in Taipei
Take overnight coach to Kaohsiung
Day2 : Kaohsiung, stay 1 night
Day3 : Chiayi to take train to alishan
Day4 : Nantou?? (any other suggestions)
Day5 : Hualien
Day6 : Niufen/KeeLeung
Day7 : Yeliu
Day8-10 : Taipei

Am I over ambitious with the above travel plan ? ALso anyone can recommend a place to stay with nice scenery in Nantou or I should consider other place?
Old 21-09-2006, 01:00 AM   #5072
Arch-Supremacy Member

Im going on 3 Oct and barely planned my trip or booked my hotel. Tentatively looking at the following:

Am I over ambitious with the above travel plan ? ALso anyone can recommend a place to stay with nice scenery in Nantou or I should consider other place?
ur tour like quite rush,dun think u got enough time to see many things
mayb Niufen/KeeLeung can combine under Day8-10 : Taipei
while u in Kaohsiung,can go down to hengchun see the 'chu huo' then take a walk at kenting night market
Old 21-09-2006, 01:47 AM   #5073

ur tour like quite rush,dun think u got enough time to see many things
mayb Niufen/KeeLeung can combine under Day8-10 : Taipei
while u in Kaohsiung,can go down to hengchun see the 'chu huo' then take a walk at kenting night market
I got feedback that Kaohsiung is quite boring.. can easily cover in a day ? Also, I should be reaching KaoHsiung early morning, so should have enough time ? Travelling down to Kenting would need me to spend another day there?
Old 21-09-2006, 01:51 AM   #5074

Just checked, Lushan is in Nantou right. So thinking of spending a night at the hotspring hotels, Is it easy to travel to this location from Chiayi ?
Old 21-09-2006, 02:39 AM   #5075

just thinking how many days do i need for kaoshuing if i'm going taipei ?
Old 21-09-2006, 09:12 AM   #5076
Master Member

why go kaoshiung?
Old 21-09-2006, 09:51 AM   #5077
Arch-Supremacy Member

I got feedback that Kaohsiung is quite boring.. can easily cover in a day ? Also, I should be reaching KaoHsiung early morning, so should have enough time ? Travelling down to Kenting would need me to spend another day there?
kaoshiung got 愛河,西子彎風景區,旗津 evri nice place
from kaoshiung to hengchun,take u abt 2hrs,along the way,u can also stop at 東港 eat seafood,veri cheap and fresh..
Old 21-09-2006, 09:54 AM   #5078
Arch-Supremacy Member

forget to tell u at 出火 in hengchun,wic i told u earlier,u cn the the fire coming out from the gnd,and u can bake pop corn,sweet potato and can also buy fireworks and play.
Old 21-09-2006, 11:40 AM   #5079

HI Joan,
If you are going to Kaohsiungdirectly, then you might as well take the bus to Taichung, instead of coming up to Taipei. From outside the Taichung train Station, many buses going to Kaohsiung.If you come up to Taipei,you will have to do the same route passing Taoyuan again. You can check when there is a really late bus and then Hang around Taichung and have dinner there befor moving along.
http://kaohsiungwalking.kcg.gov.tw/e.../mainframe.asp

Last edited by nuttyazn; 21-09-2006 at 11:47 AM..
Old 21-09-2006, 12:24 PM   #5080

just got back from taipei ... really a fun n great place ... dun worry about the protest it wun affect us at all ... just avoid wearing colors as posted by nutty shoud be fine ... i'm starting to miss the food .. hope can go back soon ... will post all my pics soon ...
Old 21-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #5081

HI,

Glad you enjoyed yourself. How did you find the sudden drop in temperature at night.?? Did you get any Protest souvenirs??Looking forward to your Pics.
Old 21-09-2006, 09:40 PM   #5082

HI Joan,
If you are going to Kaohsiungdirectly, then you might as well take the bus to Taichung, instead of coming up to Taipei. From outside the Taichung train Station, many buses going to Kaohsiung.If you come up to Taipei,you will have to do the same route passing Taoyuan again. You can check when there is a really late bus and then Hang around Taichung and have dinner there befor moving along.
http://kaohsiungwalking.kcg.gov.tw/e.../mainframe.asp
Oh ic. Thanks for the tip! Can check any recommendations on accomodations on Alishan ? Also is there any local agent who offers package including Train from Chiayi to Alishan, Accomodation and Sunrise viewing.
Old 21-09-2006, 10:32 PM   #5083

Oh ic. Thanks for the tip! Can check any recommendations on accomodations on Alishan ? Also is there any local agent who offers package including Train from Chiayi to Alishan, Accomodation and Sunrise viewing.
HI,
Sorry dont know of any organised tour of Alishan. Recommended Minsu in Alishan: http://xianyun.ho.net.tw/

http://railway.forest.gov.tw/time/time.htm

Last edited by nuttyazn; 21-09-2006 at 10:40 PM..
Old 22-09-2006, 09:16 AM   #5084

Singapore Forumer posted:

It's a tv programme abt touring Taiwan by its Rail system. A short intro from the tv station Mediacorp 8:
Rail Taiwan 铁定好玩台湾游
Debuts Sep 26 2006, Tuesdays at 8.30 pm!
Old 22-09-2006, 01:55 PM   #5085

hi,
would like to know whether any recommended hotels near taipei railway station? better to stay near railway or xmt?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.