HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2006, 11:31 AM   #5326

yes, WYSIWYG for TS. I even took photographs to prove it if anyone is interested. the best 4-star i've ever came across in taipei so far. but i understand there're a few new hotels right now too.

as for cities, my advise is to just visit taipei city. spend say 2-3days in taipei. wht u get in other cities, taipei will hv it more or less similar.
the other cities can skip it, use it for accomodation purpose to launch u into other places of interest.
Agree TS is a good choice. I'm currently staying here at the moment. The hotel is newly renovated so everything is still new and good. Am staying in the 2180 suite and it's very big!
Old 09-10-2006, 11:46 AM   #5327

alishan

hey sorry another question.
was thinking of going alishan, den saw the recommendation in this thread abt http://xianyun.ho.net.tw/

called dem up and asked them abt the 2 day 1 night tour. they quoted me a price of 2800 + 1000 (transport).the website says transport was included. they included the 1k after i asked if i could go and see the sunrise...

am i being over quoted?
thanks

p.s: yah i tink i will be taking TS also.. =) how's the weather and politics there now btW?
Old 09-10-2006, 11:52 AM   #5328

alishan again

saw another recommendatin made here. it seems much cheaper but is the tour recommended?

http://www.greenhome.idv.tw/travel.htm

thanks..
Old 09-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #5329
Master Member

over-priced. if take direct bus from chiayi -> alishan is NT$200 one way. take train is NT$399. Hotel current price is about NT$1500-NT$2000. My brouches are at home. If need, i go check to recommend which hotel is decent. some hotels there are old and really cant make it.

if want to catch sunrise, if choose to go chu-shan is NT$100 one-way train ride, after sunrise walk down is better, can enjoy scenery along the walk < 1hr. if wanna go higher to Yu-shan to catch sunrise, minibuses there offer such a service at NT$300. will take u to yu-shan and back down. with some stops along the way to catch the scenary as well.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:32 PM   #5330

Red face

over-priced. if take direct bus from chiayi -> alishan is NT$200 one way. take train is NT$399. Hotel current price is about NT$1500-NT$2000. My brouches are at home. If need, i go check to recommend which hotel is decent. some hotels there are old and really cant make it.

if want to catch sunrise, if choose to go chu-shan is NT$100 one-way train ride, after sunrise walk down is better, can enjoy scenery along the walk < 1hr. if wanna go higher to Yu-shan to catch sunrise, minibuses there offer such a service at NT$300. will take u to yu-shan and back down. with some stops along the way to catch the scenary as well.
okie thanks lots. i would need the recommendations of hotel if u dun mind. is food readily available on alishan ah?
Old 09-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #5331

kaoshiung is like another taipei while hualien is more like countryside where u cn enjoy sightseeing the east coast of taiwan.

would i be able to tour Kaoshiung within a day without staying over nite?
Old 09-10-2006, 03:52 PM   #5332

For Hualian, the tour usually end around 5pm.
If stay in Minshu, then evening time what to do there?
Old 09-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #5333
Master Member

u mean if tour group, tour ends 5pm? then after tht can go their nite mkt, or walk along the road there. there's a "triangle" area where there's lots of food & shops to view. quite interesting for 1st timers. if its wkend, they may hv performance in a certain location, forget call wht liao
Old 09-10-2006, 04:10 PM   #5334

u mean if tour group, tour ends 5pm? then after tht can go their nite mkt, or walk along the road there. there's a "triangle" area where there's lots of food & shops to view. quite interesting for 1st timers. if its wkend, they may hv performance in a certain location, forget call wht liao
Thks Shadus,I dont mean tour group.but those who book minshu overnite stay at hualian.
Just wondering shd I go back to Taipei then next day go Yehliu/Jiufen/Keelung

Last edited by saberlancer; 09-10-2006 at 05:06 PM..
Old 09-10-2006, 05:54 PM   #5335

Hi, here's my itinery for a 10day Taiwan tour from 29Dec to 7Jan. Hope you guys can help me comments and answer my questions k?

Day 1 Friday
Reach Taiwan at 1740hrs
Pickup from Hualien Minsu (Shi Tou De Jia)
Check in
Night market

1.Does the minsu provide pickup from airport coz I've seen from someone blog stating that they does and how much does they charge?
2.What time does the night market closes in Hualien?

Day 2 Sat
Tour of Hualien

Day 3 Sunday
Tour of Hualien
Train to Chiayi Station
Train/Bus to Alisan
Checkin Alisan Minsu

1.Where can I check the train services from Hualien and if there's any train to Chiayi Station?
2.Which minsu is recommended in Alisan?

Day 4 monday
Tour of Alisan
Going to Sun Moon Lake but dunno if it's correct
1. Bus/Train to Chaiyi Station
2. Train to Er Shui Train Station
3. Bus to Shui Li
4. Bus to SML
Going back to Taipei after that
1. Bus to Puli
2. Bus to Taichung Train Station
3. Train to Taipei
4. Check in TS
Night Market

1.Is the above route the correct way to get to SML and Taipei?
2.Other than TS and Onestar which hotel is recommend?
3.Can I purchase the ticket to Taipei from Taichung Train Station at Chaiyi Station?

Day 5 tuesday
Yang Ming Shan
Xin Bei Tou Hotspring
Tianmu
Danshui
Miramma Ferris Wheel
NIght Market

Day 6 Wednesday
Yeliu
Keelung
Jinguashi
Shifen
Ruifang
Jiufeng
Keelung Miao Kou

Day 7 Thurs
Wulai
Bitan Scenic Area
Wu Fen Pu
Night Market

Day 8 + 9 Fri, Sat
Taipei Shopping

Day 10 Sun
Home Sweet Home

Still got a few questions, sorry for being so troublesome
1. Does anyplace in Taipei close during the New Year period, check from online there's some kind of events
2. What are the different TV shows which I can go and watch live and how to check the slot other than Guess3 and DYDGD? Must I call them or is there any online timetable?

Thanks for help...
Old 09-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #5336
Master Member

Lets go day-by-day.

Day 1 is tough coz when u reach taiwan, its in CKS airport. CKS -> Taipei is 1+ hours of travelling. Taipei -> Hualien is anr 3h (assuming there's train there when u reach taipei 7+). So i suppose u can reach hualien 10+ or 11pm to be safe.

if u wanna minsu owner to pick u from airport, better check wif her if she's willing. its a long drive. maybe 5 hrs drive. wont be cheap either. she'll probably suggest taking train as its the most efficient way.

my suggestion is to stay overnite in taipei 1st then next morning go hualien
Old 09-10-2006, 06:05 PM   #5337
Master Member

day 3

train from hualien to chiayi will hv to pass thru taipei. from hualien -> taipei (3h). from taipei -> chiayi (3.5h). total 6.5h minimum. from chiayi -> alishan (2h). so 8.5h spent travelling.

my suggestion is from hualien -> taipei. spent 1 day hving fun in taipei (maybe go jiufen, jinguashi, etc). then taipei -> chiayi (since it seems u not interested to hv intermediate stops for places of interest betw taipei->chiayi).

alishan minsu not recommended. me so far nvr heard of any minsu there either. let me check my brouches to recommend hotels there.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:14 PM   #5338
Master Member

maybe i can suggest my 1st few days iternary which i did recently.

day 1
arrive taipei ~7.30pm (same as u, reach CKS airport 1740, SIA right?)
then check-in TS hotel. by then about 8pm liao. Then i went out to walk around. u can either go XMD. or take MRT (remember to buy their farecard, u'll use it often) to shilin. regardless, make a stop at taipei train station to buy ticket for next morning train to hualien. tonight will easily take u to 11pm where u'll get ur needed rest

day 2
i recommend 9am train as its fastest to hualien (2.5h). there's an earlier train i think 8am but will only arrive 30min earlier i think (check again urself -> www.railway.gov.tw). ms liu will pick u up from train station at 11:30am. now u got to decide how to go taroko. she can arrange transport for u (NT$2000) or u take ur bike (NT$300). or u can join a tour grp but let ms liu know b4 u go so tht she can book for u. the rest of day is spend in taroko till sunset. by sunset, u shd be back in hualien. then visit the night mkt (small one) for ur dinner & short tour. this will take u to 8:30pm.
advise is to rest early for an early day next day.

day 3
again, decide if u wanna transport. if u go south of hualien (NT$3000). some interesting sights along the way. wht i did was go via mountain side then come back via pacific side. so i get both scenaries. alternatively, there're other activities u can do for this day. ms liu to recommend u on day 2.

day 4
take early train back to taipei. shd be back b4 lunch. i drop my bags in TS again. and we went jinguashi for the whole afternoon and late noon go to jiufen (10min bus ride from jinguashi). so the moment sunset, go from jiufen back to taipei. if still got energy, can go shilin (if hvnt go in day 1), or go huaxi night mkt or XMD. depends on where u want to go, choose.

day 5.
catch early train to chiayi (v. early i think). make sure u try make it to chiayi 10:30am or 11am to catch bus to alishan (check bus timing ok, i forgot)......

(post more later)
Old 09-10-2006, 08:07 PM   #5339

Any one interested in NT300 nike voucher but condition is must spend at least NT 3000.The shop is the largest nike shop at Shilin night market. I am giving it away to those who pm me and is interested and goin to Taipei soon.Me feel its a waste to let the vouchers go to a waste...
Old 09-10-2006, 08:13 PM   #5340

JUst a wild shot..ANYONE going Hualian on 24Oct? Share cab?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.