HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2006, 01:59 PM   #5416
Arch-Supremacy Member

all TS rooms are of different layout. if u wanna bathtub, hv to let them know to assign the right room

ah...thanks!
Old 15-10-2006, 07:38 AM   #5417
Master Member

Yap for Bathtub..will need to inform the hotel to make arrangement....but i think each floor got limited room with bathtub..i booked 4 rooms and request all at same level..only one with bathtub...and of cos i took that one lah..hee

Here are some info that might help.
Ding Tai feng - Must walk a distance from the their MRT station. around 10-15mins. Not really easy to walk as need to turn a few corners. Queue is long when i reach there at 10am++..but serving is fast. Each "long" will consist of 10 pcs...my fren and 1 tot is those small long with have 4 or 6..in the end eat till damn full.

Wufenpu - not really all girls stuff lei..i tot that too and our grp of guys went to a cafe nearby for coffee while the girls go for their killing spree..,i went for a smoke and walk around and surprisingly find quite alot of shops selling guys stuff also but of cos majority is for girls...haha..but not good is no fitting room there. pasa malam style.
after that evening can cross over the songshan train station to Raohe Night market(i like this night market most!!)

Xin guan , new york new york, 101 - actually nothing much ..those shopping center selling branded stuff u will find in our raffle city..aint cheaper either..basically to see the 101.. go up 101 must pay 350Nt if not wrong.
But do check out 101 basement food court...price is quite reasonable as compare to the proportion serve.

Guang hua IT mall - their Computer hardware (eg: HDD, Ram ,MOBO...) is around singapore price..maybe cheaper by few dollars..never buy cause i dunno how their warranty. but as in their gadget like mp3/mp4 player and those mouse , keyboard ,etc ...got more variety and cheaper than in sim lim. Esp their PC gaming controller..alot diff type. 2gb thumdrive at only around $40...but like sim lim ...alot of stalls..so u probably can check out each stall for their price.
For those who wish to buy anime comic...can get it there also...there is a section that sell books/comic.

If staying at TS , remember the BBQ+steamboat just opp the hotel..299NT buffet..really really nice.
there is some shopping within/opp Taipei main station..actually can walk from TS hotel if you dun wish to talk MRT. i took a slow walk around 10-15mins. If u are hungry at night can always go to XMD and look for those mobile stall selling BBQ (sotong & big drumstick..yummy) , onion prata, fruits.
Old 15-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #5418
Arch-Supremacy Member

does the mrt provide brochure at the tourism booth? wanna get hold of one with the travelling time. the one provided at the website is a bit too big. difficult to print.
Old 15-10-2006, 03:47 PM   #5419
Master Member

i'm going taipei next month, planning the itinerary now. i plan to spend 2 days in Taroko (Hualien) and Sun Moon Lake (Nantou). can the expert here advise the route

(1) taipei - hualien - nantou - taipei, or
(2) taipei - nantou - hualien - taipei?

is 2 days enough to cover these 2 attractions? roughly how much to spend?

thanks in advance
Old 15-10-2006, 04:16 PM   #5420

hi, im going tw in early nov for 7days free n easy with my friends. We r looking TS hotel as many have recommended. Tryin to work out the itinerary right nw. Im thinkin whether i shu juz travel ard taipei or i shu make a trip to hualien/taroko? if im going there is there a need to stayovernite? need some advice
Old 15-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #5421
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi, im going tw in early nov for 7days free n easy with my friends. We r looking TS hotel as many have recommended. Tryin to work out the itinerary right nw. Im thinkin whether i shu juz travel ard taipei or i shu make a trip to hualien/taroko? if im going there is there a need to stayovernite? need some advice
of coz,u need to stay overnight ,1 day isnt enough
Old 15-10-2006, 04:26 PM   #5422

ic....cos we r travelling by ourselves, is there a need to get a guide or sth...i read previous post got ppl engage a cabbie Mr Zheng or sth? to bring ard places in hualien or duno get a mingshu owner sth like dat
Old 15-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #5423
Arch-Supremacy Member

ic....cos we r travelling by ourselves, is there a need to get a guide or sth...i read previous post got ppl engage a cabbie Mr Zheng or sth? to bring ard places in hualien or duno get a mingshu owner sth like dat
optional,as long as u can read simple chinese and speak chinese
wont get lost in taiwan
however the weather is a bit cold,have to bring some warm clothings
Old 15-10-2006, 05:05 PM   #5424

Hi, Weather here is like Summer in the day and pleasant at night about 22C now. According to most reports , we should be having a mild Winter. Goint to Alishan, Chingjing e.t.c. will require heavier clothes but for those in Taipei a Med Jacket should surfice.

For Toroko and a bit of Hualien, you can return in the evening to Taipei if you dont want to stay overnight after your tour.Current top cabbies as recommended by forumers.
Mr. Chen Guang-fa - (0)937-167-779, (0)(3)861-1353, (0)(3)856-6895
Mr. Lu Lai-fu - (0)928-569-081
Mr. Zhuang (0)932-142-590
Old 15-10-2006, 05:37 PM   #5425

Thx for all the advices, as for now im thinkin of a day tour in taroko. as the park is very big and require transportation from point to point, do i have to join a bus tour? does the cabbies provide transportation in taroko too or onli in hualien?
Old 15-10-2006, 06:06 PM   #5426
Arch-Supremacy Member

nuttyazn: Hopefully not below 20C by nxt week. I only brought a single jacket.. Is t-shirt sufficient for the afternoons? thanks =)
Old 15-10-2006, 09:57 PM   #5427

i am planning to go taipei in dec. Apparently, rainbow hotel is fully booked. I am offered New World hotel. Is this hotel any good? advises are much appreciated.

it is a 3pax sorta backpack trip. was looking at cheap hotels as wun be spending much time slping anyway:p. anyway recommendations? thanks in advance!

Last edited by ShougunX; 15-10-2006 at 10:01 PM..
Old 15-10-2006, 09:58 PM   #5428

babywh : I'll be back!!!
waiting for your advise. . .
Old 15-10-2006, 10:03 PM   #5429
Arch-Supremacy Member

i am planning to go taipei in dec. Apparently, rainbow hotel is fully booked. I am offered New World hotel. Is this hotel any good? advises are much appreciated.

it is a 3pax sorta backpack trip. was looking at cheap hotels as wun be spending much time slping anyway:p. anyway recommendations? thanks in advance!
new world,nvr try before
ta shun and jin cai shen hotel not bad,and they r also quite near to XMD
Old 15-10-2006, 11:10 PM   #5430

i'm going taipei next month, planning the itinerary now. i plan to spend 2 days in Taroko (Hualien) and Sun Moon Lake (Nantou). can the expert here advise the route

(1) taipei - hualien - nantou - taipei, or
(2) taipei - nantou - hualien - taipei?

is 2 days enough to cover these 2 attractions? roughly how much to spend?

thanks in advance
Dont think Nantou-Hualien is accessible by public transport. It's only linked by roads thru the mountain.

I initially wanted to do a Nantou to Hualien but abandon the plan as I couldn't find any direct way of travelling, only one was by Train, and it goes from Taichung-Taipei-Hualien.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.