HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2006, 05:28 PM   #5446

may i ask:
- which hotel u stay in KaoHsiung n Alishan? hws t room n wat price?
- Do u take train up Alishan? hw u buy train ticket?

Tks joanlee
I stayed in kindness hotel in KaoHsiung, was 1400NT . At alishan, I stayed at YingShan Hotel, it was 1800NT (doesnt include 150NT/pax entrance fee into the Alishan Recreational Area). I took the bus up to Alishan, it is 200NT. The train is 930am / 130pm up into Alishan. You have to be early there to buy if you are going during more crowded season.
Old 16-10-2006, 05:43 PM   #5447
Arch-Supremacy Member

I stayed in kindness hotel in KaoHsiung, was 1400NT . At alishan, I stayed at YingShan Hotel, it was 1800NT (doesnt include 150NT/pax entrance fee into the Alishan Recreational Area). I took the bus up to Alishan, it is 200NT. The train is 930am / 130pm up into Alishan. You have to be early there to buy if you are going during more crowded season.
u kenna pwan in KaoHsiung liao
800nt quite good liao
Old 16-10-2006, 06:45 PM   #5448

u kenna pwan in KaoHsiung liao
800nt quite good liao
Its for 2 persons. For the location and the newly furnished room, I think 1400NT is well spent.
Old 16-10-2006, 06:54 PM   #5449

Thanks Emergency! =)

Finally started to plan my itinerary, leaving nxt Monday and I've yet to receive my maps, brochure etc..sighs..

Some questions..

1. 24hr Eslite bookstore at Dun Hua South Road. Is this near Zhong Xiao Dun Hua? Planning to go down to both Dun Hua East and South Road.

2. What time does the 'Kuan Hua' Computer place open for business?

3. 'Tien Xiang Hui Wei' (Manchurian style Hotpot) and 'Xi Duo Wu' Buffet..Anyone knows where this is?

4. http://www.taiwan-vigor.com.tw/ How do I get here for the Taiyang bing? Sorry, I can't make out the directions stated in Chinese.

5. Lastly for now, =x Issit possible to exchange 2000SGD all in one go at the money-changer? Gotta start looking for one with good rates soon. Btw, heard that the exchange rate is quite good at CKS airport.

1. Ya u can alight at the Zhong Xiao Dun Hwa MRT station.

2. U can go after 11am. The shops will be opened mostly. If u r scared or uncertain then go after 2pm which I am very sure all shops are opened by that time.

3.That I am not sure. I think nuttyyanz will be able to ans u

4.U can take the Danshui line mrt station. Exit no 2 then follow straight the map at http://www.taiwan-vigor.com.tw/map.htm then u will reach already. If u get lost at that time, u can ask the people ard as Taiwanese people are very frdly.

5.For 5D/4N, Change 1000 SGD is more than enough as I done that for all my shopping and expenses etc. If u are scared, u can change 100 or 200 more extra first then pay by debit card. I found out that I pay by debit card, the exchange rate is very good too and no extra charges as well
Old 16-10-2006, 06:56 PM   #5450

Yups, same flight!

Given Jetstar departure timing frm CKS, i shld the airport by 3.30pm?
Flight 3K521 from SG to CKS is 1 pm then reach Taipei at ard 5.30 pm at CKS airport. They r usually on time
Old 16-10-2006, 07:03 PM   #5451
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thankew~~~ I'll go apply for debit card on the morning of departure..hopefully i'll get it on the spot! 2000SGD is for 2pax..now I'm feeling that it might not be enough. I assume debit card can be used in all shopping malls? If so, that'll be great! Best if it can be used at all DFS as well..So far I've always only used cash.

What time shld i leave Rainbow hotel on a weekday if my departure is 5.40pm? Is 2pm too late? I'll be taking a cab to Taipei Main station then swtich to Guo Guang Ke Yun else direct cab to airport if there're too many luggage.
Old 16-10-2006, 07:11 PM   #5452

Thankew~~~ I'll go apply for debit card on the morning of departure..hopefully i'll get it on the spot! 2000SGD is for 2pax..now I'm feeling that it might not be enough. I assume debit card can be used in all shopping malls? If so, that'll be great! Best if it can be used at all DFS as well..So far I've always only used cash.

What time shld i leave Rainbow hotel on a weekday if my departure is 5.40pm? Is 2pm too late? I'll be taking a cab to Taipei Main station then swtich to Guo Guang Ke Yun else direct cab to airport if there're too many luggage.
I am afraid u can get debit card on the spot if u apply as it takes 1 to 2 weeks to get it normally. Unless u can try UOB mini debit like mine I got it less than a week. 2000 SGD for 2 shld be more than enough if not for heavy shoppers. Debit cards could be used at shopping malls and DFS as well dun worry.

U could get a freego bus to arrive at 3 pm if u returnin back to SG. Cause at the flight back is 6.25 pm for Jetstar and 1 hour to reach the airport and check in etc. Dun worry u can find other singaporeans along on the way checkin in too
Old 16-10-2006, 07:15 PM   #5453
Arch-Supremacy Member

Its for 2 persons. For the location and the newly furnished room, I think 1400NT is well spent.
wic part of KaoHsiung??
i stayed near the railway station,10mins to liuhe market also 2 persons,only 1000NT
but we got discount ,paid only 800NT
Old 16-10-2006, 07:16 PM   #5454
Arch-Supremacy Member

!! 2 weeks.. =(

Oh yea, it's 6.25pm instead of 5.40pm ..opps..3pm should be just nice then!

Thanks for the reply!!
Old 16-10-2006, 07:25 PM   #5455
Arch-Supremacy Member

My itinerary..

Day 1 Monday
Check in Hotel
Miramar Shopping Center, Ferris Wheel
Shilin Night market

Day 2 Tuesday
Morning - Yang Ming Shan
Early Afternoon - Danshui
Late afternoon - Xinbeitou for hotspring
Night - Haven decided

Day 3 Wednesday
Ard 9am set off to Jiufen
Early afternoon - Miaokou
Night - Haven decided

Day 4 Thursday
10am set off for Taipei 101, NYNY, Warner Village, Shin Kong Mitsukoshi 9, 10, 11
Lunch at Ding Tai Feng
2pm - Kuan Hua Computer Scene
5pm - Wufenpu
Raohe Night Market

Day 5 Friday
XMD

Wanna spend more time in XMD and Shilin...gotta find smwhere to slot em in.. =\ As planned according to MRT line..
Old 16-10-2006, 08:18 PM   #5456

On day 1 u goin to Shilin and Miramar I am afraid u do not have enough time. U may try to stay ard ur hotel ard and familiarise instead and shop ard as Ximen Ding got alot of shops to shop. Cause if u goin to Shilin and Miramar might not have enough time to explore and catch the last train back. Assume that u reach CKS at 5.30 pm. Then take freego bus to Rainbow hotel at Ximen Ding approximately ard 7 to 7.30 already. The rest looks ok as last day then explore is abit of rush in fact last day is abit of rush. U wanna explore more then last day I suggest u got to wake up very early to pack up and check out.
Old 16-10-2006, 09:10 PM   #5457
Arch-Supremacy Member

Edited Itinerary..

Day 1 Monday
Check in Hotel
Miramar Ferris Wheel (skipping the shopping center)
Shilin Night market

Day 2 Tuesday
10am set off for Taipei 101, NYNY, Warner Village, Shin Kong Mitsukoshi 9, 10, 11
Early Afternoon - Danshui
Late afternoon - Xinbeitou for hotspring 2hrs
Evening Tianmu, hopefully very near Shipai MRT
Night - Back to hotel then walk ard XMD

Day 3 Wednesday
Yang Ming Shan
Lunch at DingTaiFeng
2pm - Kuan Hua Computer Scene and 24hr Eslite bookstore
5pm - Wufenpu
Night - Raohe Night Market

Day 4 Thursday
Ard 9am set off to Jiufen
Early afternoon - Miaokou
Night Shilin Night market

Day 5 Friday
XMD

Confused abt smthing..

From Jiu Fen, I take the Keelung bus to Keelung Railway station then walk to Miakou?

While returning to XMD frm Miaokou, walk back to Keelung Railway station to catch the train back to Taipei Main Station?

How long does each journey take cos I thought of visiting another night market on the same day

Last edited by Natia; 17-10-2006 at 12:36 AM..
Old 16-10-2006, 11:10 PM   #5458
Master Member

540pm flight leave 2pm a bit risky. Under normal traffic condition, 1 hr shd suffice to reach airport. However, under poor conditions like rain, this can be easily 2h. It took me 2h15min the last time i came back. Luckily my flight is 645pm. I left at 2 as well. but only reach airport 4:15. which is still ok if ur check-in is pre-done.
Old 16-10-2006, 11:51 PM   #5459

Edited Itinerary..

How long does each journey take cos I thought of visiting another night market on the same day
Calculate an hour for each sector- travelling time, except when you go toJioufen, then maybe hour n half .

Sure, you can go to YMS from bus stop outside East Exit 3. No: 260. You can also take the same bus from Ximen MRT Station Bus Stop:Thereis a board there with many bus numbers, look for 260 - Takes one hour to get up there. Dont skip, it leave early and get the early bus -First Bus starts from 5.45 am.

From Warner Village bus stop (Definitely at the Taipei City Hall MRT Station Bus Stop ) , you can take bus 266 to Beitou directly, then take a short MRT ride to Danshui.

Xi Duo Wu 12th floor Ming Yao Shopping Center: MRT Zhongxiao Dunhua : Exit 3 ( This place was recommended by a forumer here at HWZ and many Singaporeans have since been there and loved it)
http://www.mingyao.com.tw/
http://www.mingyao.com.tw/food_guide/12f.htm

Tien Xiang Hui Wei Pot
16, Nanjing East Road, 2F
(02) 2511-7275;
Hours: 11:30 pm-2 am

Last edited by nuttyazn; 17-10-2006 at 12:11 AM..
Old 17-10-2006, 12:17 AM   #5460

1st timer in taipei

Dear experts....

i will be going taipei from 14 dec to 18dec.... will it be really cold??

2) I know got buses from airport to hotels, but what about from hotels back to airport? whr can i take this buses??

3) I wanna try the wen quan, any experts here know hw much it cost?? any good recommendations near taipei??

Thanks!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.