HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2006, 01:19 PM   #5596
Arch-Supremacy Member

I suppose this only apply to higher end hotels rite? cos 800-600 = 200. how they earn? can negotiate when calling them?
can unless u r veri good term wif them or u often stay at their hotel.
if not,better negotiate wif them face to face
however if u r staying in hotel,we always mentioned, like ta shun
can try ur luck,tell them we alway intro friend to saty at ur hotel
tts was wat i always did,and the most expensive i had ever stay was 1500NT in rainbow
cheapest,600NT in kaoshiung(share wif my friend, only 300 plus pr head)
Old 24-10-2006, 05:46 PM   #5597
Arch-Supremacy Member

can unless u r veri good term wif them or u often stay at their hotel.
if not,better negotiate wif them face to face
however if u r staying in hotel,we always mentioned, like ta shun
can try ur luck,tell them we alway intro friend to saty at ur hotel
tts was wat i always did,and the most expensive i had ever stay was 1500NT in rainbow
cheapest,600NT in kaoshiung(share wif my friend, only 300 plus pr head)
Wah..i dunno can ask for discount
I have book a hotel @ TS hotel.

I am abt to ask for discount as I will be leaving the hotel on early morning (read : 2 or 3AM) as my flight is 7AM....
Old 24-10-2006, 07:12 PM   #5598
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah..i dunno can ask for discount
I have book a hotel @ TS hotel.

I am abt to ask for discount as I will be leaving the hotel on early morning (read : 2 or 3AM) as my flight is 7AM....
try ur luck loh, but somehow i always feel the boss not veri friendly
i normally stay at Jin Cai Shen hotel,the lady receptist veri friendly,sometime still give half ball (even she is 40++)
she usually give me 1090NT while other pay 1300NT
Old 24-10-2006, 11:11 PM   #5599
Master Member

can check with you people...jetstar flights will land in Taipei TaoYuan Airport is it ?

thanks in advance...

Last edited by weekhiang; 24-10-2006 at 11:17 PM..
Old 24-10-2006, 11:17 PM   #5600
Arch-Supremacy Member

can check with you people...jetstar flights will land in Taipei international or domestic airport ?

thanks in advance...
Taipei international (in Taoyuan)
domestic airport is in Sungshan(taipei)
jetstar and SQ land in Taipei international (in Taoyuan)
Old 24-10-2006, 11:20 PM   #5601
Master Member

Taipei international (in Taoyuan)
domestic airport is in Sungshan(taipei)
jetstar and SQ land in Taipei international (in Taoyuan)
woo...thanks...will be going there most prob alone from 3rd nov till 8th nov....
Old 25-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #5602

I'll be going Taipei for 7D6N from Wed 01/11 till Tues 07/11. Juz wanted some opinions abt my itinerary:

Day 1: 01/11 Wed
- Arrival @ 1740
- Arrive Rainbow Hotel @ 1900, check in
- 2000 Shilin dinner & shopping

Day 2: 02/11 Thurs
- AM, Jiantan area with Mirama complex/National Museum
- Noon, Wu fen pu area
- PM, Rao He nite market

Day 3: 03/11 Fri
- AM, Yang Ming Shan
- Noon, Beitou, Danshui with Fisherman's wharf
- PM, Nite market around Danshui or back to Shilin

Day 4: 04/11 Sat
- AM, Long Shan Si
- Noon, XMD/Tapei 101
- PM, XMD/Shilin/Room 18

Day 5: 05/11 Sun
- AM, Yeliu/Shifen
- Noon, Jiufen
- PM, Keelung/Nite market in Keelung

Day 6: 06/11 Mon
- AM, 1100 - 1700 Guess X3 live recording
- PM, F&E (Maybe Hou che zhan or Shilin??)

Day 7: 07/11 Tues
- AM, Last min shopping @ XMD
- Noon, 1400 return to hotel to freshen up, leave for airport by 1500
- PM, Departure to SG @ 1800

This will be my itinerary for the whole trip, but subject to last min changes. BTW, I would like to know what's Guanghua 3C? Also would like to go down Liufu chun, the theme park to take a look. Want to maximise our time in Taipei by trying to group all the place that is nearby on the same day.

Pls leave me your comments. Thanks!
Old 25-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #5603
Master Member

need advise again on accommodation, sorry if i'm too troublesome

is it more convenient to stay near Taipei Station or Ximen Station? if given choice on the following hotels which will you choose?

(1) City Inn (10-min walk to Taipei Station), S$332 twin sharing for 5 nights after promotion discount. Must give credit card to guarantee rooms, no breakfast

(2) Ta Shun Hotel (10-min walk to Ximen Station), S$399 twin sharing for 5 nights, no guarantee needed, with breakfast

(3) Rainbow Hotel (5-min walk to Ximen Station), S$445 twin sharing for 5 nights, no guarantee needed, with breakfast

By the way anyone familiar can advice how long it takes to walk from CityInn to train station? 5-min or 10-min?

thank you so much in advance for your kind advise

Last edited by demouse; 25-10-2006 at 04:57 PM..
Old 25-10-2006, 11:18 AM   #5604

anybody got any experience staying in hostels?
I checked online and it cost roughly S$15-20 per night per person
any recommendations for hostels in taipei?
Old 25-10-2006, 02:40 PM   #5605

For all fans of Guess Guess Guess.. I had called CTV to ask about the recordings in November. Unfortunately it doesn't fall on my travel dates : ( Hope this will make other brothers and sister happy instead...

Guess Guess Guess Recordings in November
6th Nov: 3 Recordings 11am, 330pm and 730pm
27th Nov: 3 Recordings 130pm and 730pm.

Have Fun!!
Old 25-10-2006, 02:41 PM   #5606

Sorry it should be 2 recordings on 27th Nov.
Old 25-10-2006, 03:32 PM   #5607

hi there...i lived in Happy Family hostel.....basically the toilet scored low on me.....cos it is not very clean and the stuff there is a bit flimsy...but e owner is friendly and can neg on room....NT$400 for single.....but i know that nowadays there r quite a few hostels in taipei itself...maybe u can check ard
Old 25-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #5608

If you are between 18 yrs ~ 30yrs old, there is a great offer for you from the Youth Travel people. If you stay in their recommended guest house for 3 nights, you can get a 10 days train travel pass for free to travel around Taiwan. This is a New offer and is valid till Dec 31st.
http://www.youthguesthouse.org.tw/Ch...?NwsMsgDBID=33

Either way, the Youth Program will give you a Youth Card valid till Dec 2007 . It is free so it is worth the trip to the Youth Hub. With this , you get discounts at many places including some Theme parks.

Last edited by nuttyazn; 25-10-2006 at 05:05 PM..
Old 25-10-2006, 10:27 PM   #5609

For all fans of Guess Guess Guess.. I had called CTV to ask about the recordings in November. Unfortunately it doesn't fall on my travel dates : ( Hope this will make other brothers and sister happy instead...

Guess Guess Guess Recordings in November
6th Nov: 3 Recordings 11am, 330pm and 730pm
27th Nov: 3 Recordings 130pm and 730pm.

Have Fun!!
wah very gd coz i wil be goin wif frds fr 3rd - 10th. then wat should we do if we wan to see d recordin? ned tickets? hw we get them? i planing to watch d 730pm 1. n where is d place?? thx
Old 26-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #5610
Master Member

http://straitstimes.asiaone.com/port...00430a0a0aRCRD

S'pore can learn from Taiwan to promote tourism and culture

Having lived in Taipei for nearly 1 1/2 years, I am impressed with the creative ways in which the Taiwanese promote tourism and culture.
The Singapore authorities can take a leaf from their Taiwan counterparts, who seem to be more adept at creating unique memories and experiences through effective marketing.

There are free magazines and handbooks in English, Chinese and Japanese that cater to the needs of DIY travellers.

The Taipei City Travel handbook produced by the Taipei Metro is one example. In it, one can find historic sites, temples, museums, nature reserves, night markets, restaurants and shopping malls listed along MRT lines, complete with maps, pictures, information on accessibility, and a short introduction to each place.

This handbook generates multiple benefits by promoting tourism, increasing public transport usage and retail sales.

Then there is the Cultural Passport booklet produced by the Taipei City Government's Department of Cultural Affairs, which encourages residents and tourists to explore various sites and streets in Taipei that are of cultural and historical significance.

Last year, for example, some places were highlighted and events organised for the sensory experiences of sight, sound, touch, smell and taste.

This year, there are guided tours that offer participants a better understanding of the history of Taipei's tea trade, buildings, temples, and gardens.

The monthly Culture Express handbook is another good publication where one can find many things to do and see in Taipei. Other than musical, dance and drama performances as well as art exhibitions, there are also lectures on topics ranging from photography to philosophy, book reviews, and a listing of art films. It shows the important role art and culture play in the lives of the Taiwanese.

As we work to improve our hardware, let us not forget to upgrade the software, which is what really makes us uniquely Singapore.

Ms Liu I-Chun
Taipei
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.