HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2006, 10:39 PM   #5746
Arch-Supremacy Member

Correct me if i m wrong, but Taiyang bing is a specialty from Taichung rite? someone gave me once. not sure if it's from a famous stall but it really sucks.
taiyang bing came from taichung,u r right
however as yr goes by,more ppl start to make their own,so the taste start to drop.
the better ones still from taichung
Old 30-10-2006, 11:20 PM   #5747

can i know any bus services or cheap method to go back from hotel to airport on last day of travel?

Any body can advise and state the cost? i be staying at XMD area. THanks
Old 30-10-2006, 11:24 PM   #5748
Arch-Supremacy Member

can i know any bus services or cheap method to go back from hotel to airport on last day of travel?

Any body can advise and state the cost? i be staying at XMD area. THanks
wat u mean??
from hotel to airport?
or airport to hotel?
or hotel to airport to hotel to airport again??
Old 30-10-2006, 11:26 PM   #5749

i mean from hotel to airport...

wat u mean??
from hotel to airport?
or airport to hotel?
or hotel to airport to hotel to airport again??
Old 30-10-2006, 11:34 PM   #5750
Arch-Supremacy Member

i mean from hotel to airport...
check it out for u,
think my friend got,
he drive from chungli up wan,
if u from chungli,to airport,abt 300-500NT
XMD,not sure,should b more expensive
or u wan to go down chungli,do some last min shopping be4 flying back to sg??
Old 31-10-2006, 09:18 AM   #5751
Master Member

anybody has got Hua Lien Minsu Ms Liu's contact number? Can share? Thanks
Old 31-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #5752

hmm... since the mattress is already there, must pay extra for extra head? if so, how much?
think u only pay for the room. not for no of head.
Old 31-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #5753
Arch-Supremacy Member

after tml,r u guys still coming here to share ur tips on taiwan???
Old 31-10-2006, 12:08 PM   #5754

taiyang bing came from taichung,u r right
however as yr goes by,more ppl start to make their own,so the taste start to drop.
the better ones still from taichung
Jiufen - Lee Yi Bing Dian - For the Buttery Tai Yang Bin & Yam biscuit

** Walk further into Ji Shan Street and come by a shop selling all kind of snack (Fish ball etc..) saw the delicious “You Cong Guo” tempting me to go try it. Go in & order a set……WOW..YUMMMMMMMY….with the sauce & the chilli sauce on the table. NT$30. (It taste abit like our “Wan Guo” Bowl Kuek in Bukit Merah). The Shop is call Post Office Front You Cong Guo” (Post Office Front You Cong Guo) Cos the Jiufen Post Office is just infront of the shop. Mr Wong the boss is a nice man too. Walk further into the lane & saw a Smelly bean curd stall that BBQ it Bean curd on Charcoal. Got a stick (2pcs) NT$20 with lots of chilli…YUMMY….Dun smell bad at all……It taste like normal tofu to me…Maybe I have not come across the best one. Walk further in, till the end & admired the nice view of the sea infront at a lookout while devouring the Smelly Tofu. Decide to walk back Ji Shan Street and come by a Fish Ball shop full of people & decide to go in & try. The shop had Big baseball like fish ball & it had sign that said “ Gu3 Zao3 Wan2”. Had a Qi yu Fishball Noodle soup NT$40. (Inside shop have a lot of photo of a lady surrounded by flower & a TV with a stairs to second floor sitting area. **{ Posted by forumer)

Zhang Shi Fu Bing Dian,we brought lots of goodies. Zhang Shi Fu offered to sent them back to our hotel, coz we simply can't carry it around the whole day, however we pay 50NT each for that service(think they cater for Hei Mao delivery service too),which i find it quite cheap. Zhang Shi Fu Tai Yang Bing is pretty cheap and it's not so sweet, very nice. However,i simply love his pineapple tarts...do give it a try..He & his wife are very friendly also.<>Another Forumer)

Last edited by nuttyazn; 31-10-2006 at 12:16 PM..
Old 31-10-2006, 12:08 PM   #5755

after tml,r u guys still coming here to share ur tips on taiwan???
Why, Is something up!!
Old 31-10-2006, 12:31 PM   #5756
Arch-Supremacy Member

Why, Is something up!!
nutty.. wat are u doin here? lol.. long time no see ya in the other side... hope u been fine..
Old 31-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #5757

nutty.. wat are u doin here? lol.. long time no see ya in the other side... hope u been fine..
HI,C5B,
Yeah, you have not been around for a bit. I.ve been here fo a year and a bit. You know how it is, I just love to liven up a Taiwan forum How have you been? I sent you a PM . Plan another trip in FEB MAR when it will be really cold and bring your BF but fatten him up a bit . Great way to keep warm.
Old 31-10-2006, 02:05 PM   #5758
Arch-Supremacy Member

Why, Is something up!!
pm u the news liao
Old 31-10-2006, 02:48 PM   #5759

pm u the news liao
wah fireworks79, can pm me also?
Old 31-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #5760
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all!!! Returned from TW few days ago, weather was avg 24C, very cold imo. There's no need to switch on the airconditioner during sleep.

Skipped lotsa places there as I only recovered frm a fever on the 3rd day..=(

Stayed in Rainbow Hotel, as we usually leave the hotel earliest at noon, we get to spend some time at XMD. Most of the time, we travelled ard via cab.

I simply love the 7-11 oulets with their variety of drinks and cup noodles ..my supper everynight..

Hmm..Went down to Shilin 3 times for dinner and shopping. Realise there're lotsa Nike shops there, wonder if they are authentic. Went Jiufen to get the taiyang bing and feng li su, it's really nice up there..Journey from taipei kinda long though. Miaokou's food is yummylicious~!

We lost our way countless time while trying to take the train and bus...like from Shinkong Mitsu we took bus no. 266 which is supposed to reach Beitou but after an hr's ride, the driver said we're to get off and wait for another no.266. weird..eventually we took a cab down to Yu Ren Ma Tou and we're just in time for the sunset! Sooo pretty!

Didn't buy much clothes there, instead spent all on food, skincare, and games like the 'toy-picking' and 'egg-turning' machine..really addictive..hehe

Lastly, I should have spent time brushing up my Chinese language before the trip. Many a times even the directions given by passbys or instructions on certain pdts got me confused.. =\ *frustrating*
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.