HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #5761
pop
Master Member

Has anyone done a day trip to Sun Moon Lake from Taipei? Is it possible? Getting up very early, catch the first train to Taichung, then spend the day at Sun Moon Lake and then return in the night to taipei.

From Taichung train station, how long does it take to reach Sun Moon Lake? Is there a direct bus or should I take a cab? How should one get around the lake itself? Are the scenic spots of Sun Moon Lake spread over a big area, so must keep taking buses or taxis or you can walk from one spot to another?
Old 31-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #5762
Arch-Supremacy Member

wah fireworks79, can pm me also?
pm u liao.......
Old 31-10-2006, 03:25 PM   #5763
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all!!! Returned from TW few days ago, weather was avg 24C, very cold imo. There's no need to switch on the airconditioner during sleep.

Skipped lotsa places there as I only recovered frm a fever on the 3rd day..=(

Stayed in Rainbow Hotel, as we usually leave the hotel earliest at noon, we get to spend some time at XMD. Most of the time, we travelled ard via cab.

I simply love the 7-11 oulets with their variety of drinks and cup noodles ..my supper everynight..

Hmm..Went down to Shilin 3 times for dinner and shopping. Realise there're lotsa Nike shops there, wonder if they are authentic. Went Jiufen to get the taiyang bing and feng li su, it's really nice up there..Journey from taipei kinda long though. Miaokou's food is yummylicious~!

We lost our way countless time while trying to take the train and bus...like from Shinkong Mitsu we took bus no. 266 which is supposed to reach Beitou but after an hr's ride, the driver said we're to get off and wait for another no.266. weird..eventually we took a cab down to Yu Ren Ma Tou and we're just in time for the sunset! Sooo pretty!

Didn't buy much clothes there, instead spent all on food, skincare, and games like the 'toy-picking' and 'egg-turning' machine..really addictive..hehe

Lastly, I should have spent time brushing up my Chinese language before the trip. Many a times even the directions given by passbys or instructions on certain pdts got me confused.. =\ *frustrating*
it ok,their roads sometimes can get u to holland wan
and their chinese is the trad one,sgians dun really can understand unless ur chinese is quite good
got 1 X,a taxi driver also say my chinese is above ave only
so u enjoyed ur trip,
next X go there try not to take bus,their bus route veri diff from us
should take mrt,since u r i taipei,more easy
Old 31-10-2006, 03:27 PM   #5764
Arch-Supremacy Member

Has anyone done a day trip to Sun Moon Lake from Taipei? Is it possible? Getting up very early, catch the first train to Taichung, then spend the day at Sun Moon Lake and then return in the night to taipei.

From Taichung train station, how long does it take to reach Sun Moon Lake? Is there a direct bus or should I take a cab? How should one get around the lake itself? Are the scenic spots of Sun Moon Lake spread over a big area, so must keep taking buses or taxis or you can walk from one spot to another?
not really possible,distance too far liao
Old 31-10-2006, 03:54 PM   #5765

hi people,

Do anyone know how to go to kilin hotel from cks airport? Wht bus to take? is the bus direct to hotel ? also any idea how much Ta shan hotel charge a night, any chances of bargaining the price when reach there ???

thanks
Old 31-10-2006, 05:11 PM   #5766

is the yilan county worth spending a day overnight?
my plan was to travel over to yilan in a morning and spend the night there
next day morning catch a bus or rail over to hualien so that I will be in time for the day tour
because I checked the rail schedule and there isn't any evening or night trains so taking the morning rail from taipei straight to hualien will only leave me with 1/2 a day
will it be better if i travel to yilan the day before and then go over to hualien?
Old 31-10-2006, 10:54 PM   #5767

Hi, need some expert advise. What is the best way to go from CKS Airport to Wan Tai hotel? Is there a direct bus to somewhere near? Or should i take the Kuo Kuang bus to Taipei Main station then take taxi from there to hotel? Thanks : )
Old 31-10-2006, 11:03 PM   #5768

HI,
Take Airbus East (NTD140) To Taipei City Hall MRT then a Cab (NT100- max) to WanTai. If cabbie does not Know, just tell him Wufenpu main Entrance.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:00 AM   #5769

no what, i thought got bus counters at the airport to go to every hotels in taipei??
Old 01-11-2006, 12:08 AM   #5770
Arch-Supremacy Member

no what, i thought got bus counters at the airport to go to every hotels in taipei??
?????
u think u r A-bian (got air force 1)
Old 01-11-2006, 08:55 AM   #5771

HI,
Take Airbus East (NTD140) To Taipei City Hall MRT then a Cab (NT100- max) to WanTai. If cabbie does not Know, just tell him Wufenpu main Entrance.
Hi nuttyazn,
thank you for your advice : ) Just one more questions... is there any major difference between the different buses at the airport, i.e Kuo Kwang, Airbus East..etc. Any bus can reach Taipei Main station faster? ... hee thanks.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:21 AM   #5772

Know what?? Wantai location:
Address in Traditional Chinese:

台北市信義區松山路153號 電話:886-2-2763-6660 傳真:886-2-27636622

KuoKuang bus is the Fastest to Taipei Main Station.
Buses from different companies go to different areas:
http://www.cksairport.gov.tw/CKSeng/...n/taipei_e.jsp

Old 01-11-2006, 12:38 PM   #5773
Master Member

Hi Nuttyazn,

i will be staying at this hotel 金財神商務旅店
地址:台北市中华路1段21号3楼
i think the nearest mrt is XM station, can kindly verify if Freego is the correct transport to reach the hotel ?
TIA
Old 01-11-2006, 12:55 PM   #5774
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi Nuttyazn,

i will be staying at this hotel 金財神商務旅店
地址:台北市中华路1段21号3楼
i think the nearest mrt is XM station, can kindly verify if Freego is the correct transport to reach the hotel ?
TIA
hi,not surefreego will b more exp(nvr take b4)
u can take kuoguang from CKS,less than 60NT,thentake mrt,20NTfrom main station 2 XMD
can oso but the whole day tic
Old 01-11-2006, 01:56 PM   #5775
Master Member

hi,not surefreego will b more exp(nvr take b4)
u can take kuoguang from CKS,less than 60NT,thentake mrt,20NTfrom main station 2 XMD
can oso but the whole day tic
60NT from CKS to Taipei main mrt via Kuoguang bus...? so cheap ah...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.