HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2006, 11:46 PM   #5836

if i am not wrong, can take metro to zhong xiao fu xing, then take keelung bus to jiufen... whole journey will take 2hrs...

pls correct me if i am wrong

hi, u can take the railway train from taipei main station or songshang station to ruifang station... then take a bus just outside the station.. u have to cross the road. that will be the direction. bus number to take i forgotten.. but u can refer to the bustop signage .. confirm got indicate.

train from taipei main station to ruifang station, return tix cos not more than 400NT

for info.. u do not take mrt to jiufen.. cannot be reached... only to taipei or songshan train stations
Old 08-11-2006, 01:11 PM   #5837

Hi,
I realised that the hsinchu hotels i check in http://www.eztravel.com.tw/hotel/index_tw.htm have a latest check in time at 18:00. Does that mean i have to be at the hotel before 1800 once i arrive?
Old 08-11-2006, 01:35 PM   #5838

No.You can let them know your flight details and your approximate Arrv time.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:38 PM   #5839

Came across a map that showed a street for wholesale clothes between Longshan Temple MRT station and Wanhua train station. May I know what's the diff between this area and Wufenpu?
Wanhua is a daymarket starts about 10.30 ~11 till about9pm and caters to all kind of clothes unlike Wufenpuwhich concentrates on Fashion. If you go there, please post your coments.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:08 PM   #5840

Oh ok. Thanks!
Old 08-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #5841
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wanhua is a daymarket starts about 10.30 ~11 till about9pm and caters to all kind of clothes unlike Wufenpuwhich concentrates on Fashion. If you go there, please post your coments.
hmm. open so late. might be skipping that area altogether.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:10 AM   #5842

i dun think there's overnite flight to taipei. but just let u know the approx travel time (not including waiting time)

CKS -> Taipei (1.5h by coach/bus)
Taipei -> Chiayi (3.5+ hrs by train)
Chiayi -> Alishan (2hrs by coach/bus, 3hrs by train)

So i put it at about 8hrs travelling time.

Alternatively, u can try

CKS -> Taichung (? hrs, est. 2.5hrs)
Taichung -> chiayi (~2hrs by train)
Chiayi -> Alishan (2hrs by coach/bus, 3hrs by train)

Also, note that for chiayi -> alishan, 1:30pm is latest train to alishan. bus i think is 4pm latest.
The last bus is 3pm.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:03 AM   #5843

Hi, got back from taipei e previous nite 07/11. Taipei was a little cold, around maybe 20+/-. Anyway for those of u thinking of going down to jiu fen and/or keelung, my suggestion is to take e railway from taipei main station which is abt 43NT and takes 45mins to keelung. U'll find a visitor centre who can suggest places to visit around there.

There u can make ur way to miao kou nite market which is opened quite early say abt 11am, pray at e temple in the middle of e nite market, try e 3 brothers tao huay located at e end of the road and make ur way back to the bus stop located opp the railway station. Then take e bus which cost 45NT to jiu fen. E whole trip will take abt 1 hr odd.

Once u reach jiu fen, walk to an open shelter where u can see the view of e sea. Then turn around n walk into the alley where u'll see a big crowd walking. Enjoy walking coz it's gonna take a long time walking frm 1 end to another. Along e way, u'll pass by e tai yang bing shops which r mentioned in e earlier threads. 1st one will be zhang shi fu. Recommended is his plain tai yang bing. Further down after meeting a crazy lao auntie dressing up funnily (sure can see one!), u'll reach li yi. His recommendations r butter tai yang bing n feng li su. Both shops sells feng li su, but to each his own, i prefer li yi.

If u're too lazy to go up jiu fen to buy, can always call up n order.
Zhang Shi Fu - 02-24976462 (Day) 02-24976465 (Nite) 0916-829224 (Mobile)
Li Yi - 02-24965628 (Day) 02-24287272 (Nite) 0955-798018 (Mobile) URL www.lecake.com.tw

After all e shopping, u can always enjoy e scenery at a open air pavement outside a bubble tea shop, e view there is nice!

If u r planning to return to taipei, can take e bus either to ruifang railway station n change a train back to taipei or take e direct bus back to taipei. I prefer taking e train back as can try e tie lu bian dang, but to each his own.

I'll stop here at e moment, will post more tips for those going to taipei soon.
Oh, P.S. if u're e kind tat can't take cold, bring thicker jackets n always bring a raincoat just in case.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:04 PM   #5844

if i am not wrong, can take metro to zhong xiao fu xing, then take keelung bus to jiufen... whole journey will take 2hrs...

pls correct me if i am wrong
ya i heard of tis alternate way to reach jiufen... but i am not familar with the bus..
so i choose the train instead.. straight forward.. and oso we had good dumpling when i am at ruifang during winter..

maybe next time i will try tis bus service..
Old 09-11-2006, 09:55 PM   #5845
Arch-Supremacy Member

any recommendation where to see maple in Taipei region? have the leaves changed color already?
Old 10-11-2006, 01:11 AM   #5846

i guess i will try taking ur method this time round, when i am going back to taipei... btw, so do i take the same bus back from jiufen back to ruifang? i will be going in dec

ya i heard of tis alternate way to reach jiufen... but i am not familar with the bus..
so i choose the train instead.. straight forward.. and oso we had good dumpling when i am at ruifang during winter..

maybe next time i will try tis bus service..
Old 10-11-2006, 08:58 AM   #5847

i guess i will try taking ur method this time round, when i am going back to taipei... btw, so do i take the same bus back from jiufen back to ruifang? i will be going in dec
yesh yesh same bus.. at jiufen jus outside the 7-11 u can see a busstop opposite ... likewise in singapore there are bustop signage to tell what number to take to what places.. so just hop in the same bus number will be fine..

dec?? start or ending?? cos i went this early jan ... temp was single digit like 6deg to 8 deg day time.. windbreaker might not be jus enough....
Old 10-11-2006, 01:08 PM   #5848

hmm. open so late. might be skipping that area altogether.
Most Dept stores, Underground Mallse.t.c. open about this time.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:40 PM   #5849

i going from 14 dec to 18 dec... mid dec...

will it be very cold during the period??

yesh yesh same bus.. at jiufen jus outside the 7-11 u can see a busstop opposite ... likewise in singapore there are bustop signage to tell what number to take to what places.. so just hop in the same bus number will be fine..

dec?? start or ending?? cos i went this early jan ... temp was single digit like 6deg to 8 deg day time.. windbreaker might not be jus enough....
Old 10-11-2006, 08:11 PM   #5850

i going from 14 dec to 18 dec... mid dec...

will it be very cold during the period??
maybe will be 10-16 deg?? i dunno .. weather nowadays unpredictable..
but do bring some warm clothings.. will be in handy..

as for shopping... hardly can buy clothing suits local weather...
be prepared for scenery at far end to be foggy
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.