HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2006, 11:56 AM   #5851

Lastly go there first thing to get is the adult MRT pass. (aka the blue adult card in singapore. If student can also get the student card but only discount for bus. MTR is the same)
Hi for the student card tourist also can buy? Need to bring along our student card to buy?
Old 11-11-2006, 09:59 PM   #5852

I will be in Hsin chu for business trip in Dec... after tat my gf will join me in Hsin chu and we will cont after tat... any suggested itinerity?

Here is my plan:

Hsin Chu - 3 days
Peitou - 3 days
Taipei - 4 days

How to go from Hsin Chu to Peitou? Is it very toublesome? (my idea is to take a train to Taipei and transfer to peitou) As Hsin chu is in the west coast of Taiwan... any other cities, I can go in the west?
Old 11-11-2006, 11:22 PM   #5853

hi, i heard much about "WuFenPu" in this thread, seems that there's lots of clothes and accessories to get from there. after reading the first 30 odd pages, im still in doubt as to how to get there. Can anyhow help me on this ? Going to taiwan end of this month! so excited!
Old 11-11-2006, 11:27 PM   #5854

take train to 'HouShanPi', shd be exit 1 if i remb correctly..

if not you can always ask the station staff or anyone for directions.. they are VERY friendly

i got bankrupt by e time im in e 3rd shop in wufenpu.. hehe
Old 11-11-2006, 11:34 PM   #5855

take train to 'HouShanPi', shd be exit 1 if i remb correctly..

if not you can always ask the station staff or anyone for directions.. they are VERY friendly

i got bankrupt by e time im in e 3rd shop in wufenpu.. hehe
hah! thanks bud. WOW u got me all excited hehe. am looking forward to taiwan !!!!
Old 11-11-2006, 11:42 PM   #5856

u can prob buy all ur clothes there.. more variety n cheaper than ximenting.. though u can buy shoes at the latter.. they're all e same price..

after tat u can go to Raohe nite mkt which nearby.. e 'tian bu la' is my fav!!

dunoe how to upld pics.. if not can show u!!!

u oso got me excited .. haha
Old 12-11-2006, 01:05 AM   #5857

hah! thanks bud. WOW u got me all excited hehe. am looking forward to taiwan !!!!
Before you buy shoes and boots elsewhere, you should check out the underground malls Taipei City Mall and Taipei Station Front Mall

For Accessories: Houchezhan
http://crazy_azn1.tripod.com/taiwan/id22.html
Old 12-11-2006, 01:10 AM   #5858

Can I go to Alishan straight from the CKS airport? Ie to take a bus to the Taipei railway station and then proceed to take a train to hualian and change to a train route that take me up to Alishan directly. And for the accomdation there, can I easily find a hotel to stay overnight? Thanks.
Hi,
Alishan is in Nantou County NOT Hualien. You will have to spend the night in Chiayi and then head for Alishan next morning by bus or train.

To Chiayi, you have to take the bus from TTIA (Not known as CKS Anymore) to Taichung Railway Station and change to train to get to Chiayi.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:17 AM   #5859

any noes if jackets sellin in taiwan is cheaper ? coz goin on tis week /thx
What type of Jackets ??
Good prices at Raohe St NM, Shihlin NM , Tian MU
Old 12-11-2006, 01:45 AM   #5860

Hi for the student card tourist also can buy? Need to bring along our student card to buy?
The Youth Program will give you a Youth Card valid till Dec 2007 . It is free so it is worth the trip to the Youth Hub. With this , you get discounts at many places including some Theme parks.Bring along your student card.
Youth Travel Main Page:
http://www.youthtravel.net.tw/web/index.php

http://youthtravel.tw/web/events/eve...tail.php?no=53

http://youthtravel.tw/web/youth_hub/youth_hub.php
Old 12-11-2006, 05:41 AM   #5861
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi, i heard much about "WuFenPu" in this thread, seems that there's lots of clothes and accessories to get from there. after reading the first 30 odd pages, im still in doubt as to how to get there. Can anyhow help me on this ? Going to taiwan end of this month! so excited!
I bought some ladies berms for my relatives at WufenPu and it ain't cheap at all..approximately 40SGD each...and guess what...the dye all came off on 1st wash back in SG..following that, my mum's skin became so 'blue'..Haha..

As for myself, shopped for lotsa bags there. Average cost abt 35SGD each..managed to grab some new arrivals which looks so like Bloodbros and i simply love the material and design!

The Youth program thingy, I filled up a form at the tourism counter at CKS airport, they gave me a booklet and bookmark...can get some discounts at listed places..not bad

waltzjy: Some adidas jackets are worth buying but Nike apparels on the whole are more costly. Purchased several pairs of Nike dunks from authorised dealers at Shilin night market. Check out their autumn series..!

Mainly did my shopping for clothes, accessories and 'cutecute' toys at Shilin and XMD..If u have a gal fren tagging along, can recommend Mei Hua Tai, near Wonstar hotel..I spent like 6000TWD there on my last day....Lotsa lotsa cosmetics and skincare pdts. xD Also recommend Cosmed!!

How i miss Taiwan..sighs..
Old 12-11-2006, 10:42 AM   #5862

u can prob buy all ur clothes there.. more variety n cheaper than ximenting.. though u can buy shoes at the latter.. they're all e same price..

after tat u can go to Raohe nite mkt which nearby.. e 'tian bu la' is my fav!!

dunoe how to upld pics.. if not can show u!!!

u oso got me excited .. haha
haha ohh thanks alot!
well u can trying using imageshack at : http://imageshack.us/
Old 12-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #5863

I bought some ladies berms for my relatives at WufenPu and it ain't cheap at all..approximately 40SGD each...and guess what...the dye all came off on 1st wash back in SG..following that, my mum's skin became so 'blue'..Haha..

As for myself, shopped for lotsa bags there. Average cost abt 35SGD each..managed to grab some new arrivals which looks so like Bloodbros and i simply love the material and design!

The Youth program thingy, I filled up a form at the tourism counter at CKS airport, they gave me a booklet and bookmark...can get some discounts at listed places..not bad

waltzjy: Some adidas jackets are worth buying but Nike apparels on the whole are more costly. Purchased several pairs of Nike dunks from authorised dealers at Shilin night market. Check out their autumn series..!

Mainly did my shopping for clothes, accessories and 'cutecute' toys at Shilin and XMD..If u have a gal fren tagging along, can recommend Mei Hua Tai, near Wonstar hotel..I spent like 6000TWD there on my last day....Lotsa lotsa cosmetics and skincare pdts. xD Also recommend Cosmed!!

How i miss Taiwan..sighs..
wow! ok.. thanks alot. i guess its more of a luck thing as in which shop u go to uh x)
Old 12-11-2006, 12:18 PM   #5864

testing.. dunoe can see anot..
Old 12-11-2006, 12:39 PM   #5865

ok.. these are shops in wufenpu..

endless shopping there..

it really depends on e season u shop there.. i was there in apr n e clothes i bought avg $10=15 sgd.. ard 5-8 pieces each shop, so maybe i got them cheaper

tats y after 3 shops i started looking for atm.. hehe
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.