Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2006, 01:01 PM   #5986

hi all.. be going to taipei 5D4N.. need advices from u all
any1 can recommend where got ktv???
THNKS ALL~!

DAY 1 30/11 Thur reach hotel @ 9pm++
  • Shilin Nite Mkt (get winter wear + JI PA!!!)
  • Rest @ hotel
DAY 2 1/12 Fri
  • Sun Moon Lake
  • Nite spots
DAY 3 2/12 Sat
  • Beitou Hotspring
  • Danshui
  • Wu Fen Pu
  • RaoHe Nite Mkt
DAY 4 3/12 Sun
  • Find TianLu Shop
  • Ximending
ps:my last day very empty

DAY 5 4/12 Mon
GO HOME~! SOBSOB~!
Old 25-11-2006, 01:44 PM   #5987
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi all.. be going to taipei 5D4N.. need advices from u all
any1 can recommend where got ktv???
THNKS ALL~!

DAY 1 30/11 Thur reach hotel @ 9pm++
  • Shilin Nite Mkt (get winter wear + JI PA!!!)
  • Rest @ hotel
DAY 2 1/12 Fri
  • Sun Moon Lake
  • Nite spots
DAY 3 2/12 Sat
  • Beitou Hotspring
  • Danshui
  • Wu Fen Pu
  • RaoHe Nite Mkt
DAY 4 3/12 Sun
  • Find TianLu Shop
  • Ximending
ps:my last day very empty

DAY 5 4/12 Mon
GO HOME~! SOBSOB~!
http://www.taiwanfun.com/north/taipei/nightlife/

visit me @http://www.edmw.sg/index.php for more info...
Old 25-11-2006, 03:29 PM   #5988
Arch-Supremacy Member

just landed yesterday. may give a detailed report later. just some essential for those going soon.

temp for the past week was cool, not cold. but when it rained, might be a bit colder. usually just t shirt and pants just like in singapore. even wore berms when raining. if feel cold, another layer of jumper or windbreaker was enuf.

free pre paid not available anymore. can get 300NTD instead.

the exchange rate is rather confusing. Taiwan Bank was changing at 21.01 (sell) and 21.19 (buy) at the departure area. but when i arrived, the rates was around 20.5 (sell) and 21.5 (buy) (something like dat.) maybe they only give good rates at the departure hall? I dunno. if u dun need to rush, might wanna walk around the terminal to look.

emergency exit seats for jetstar are not available for ppl younger than 15 and older than 50. if anyone of your group falls in that category. dun have to go early to get those seats.

Dayou bus will go around streets near the airport area b4 hitting the highway. if u wanna catch a glimpse of the binglang xishi along the streets, might wanna consider this bus. travel time w/o any jam was around an hr. no tv, seats not as wide but still comfy.

Taipei Pass for 1-5 days unlimited travel on mrt and buses in the city area and fringes available. discount coupons attached. one of them is guoguang bus to airport. 15% discount. (12% after rounding up to nearest 5NTD)

those taking buses that accept the easycard, always use it even if u need to top up extra cash (eg to wulai) cos mrt to bus (and vice versa) transfers have rebates.

the rest are not as important. happy exploring!
Old 25-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #5989
Arch-Supremacy Member

just came back from taipei, below are the summary of my trip and i hope the information will be useful for those going taipei soon

Thursday, 16 Nov 2006

Arrived Taoyuan Airport at 1840 hours, proceed to City Inn Hotel via Free Go Bus ( 飛狗巴士 ) cost NT$135. The driver drop me outside Taipei Train Station which is opposite 新光三越, cross the road and walk less than 1 min to the hotel.

City Inn Hotel ( 新驛旅店 ) : Highly recommended to those going taipei this year. They've extended 50% discount promotion until end of Dec. The location is very good, 5 mins walking distance to Taipei MRT and Taipei Train Station. Surrounding got so many breakfast shops ( 永和豆浆, 美而美 etc) and shopping area such as Taipei Underground Shopping Mall, K Mall, 新光三越, 後車站 etc. As the hotel was newly opened in Oct, everything are new and they've big LCD tv, 100+ channels, hair dryer, shampoo, shower cream, toothbrush, shower cab, shaver, slipper etc. i paid total NT$7020/S$336 for 5 nights twin sharing without breakfast.
did u choose this hotel after reading about it here? if so, thank goodness someone like it and i dun have to feel paiseh recommending it while i din stay there.

btw, are the rooms very small? fr their pics, i really dunno how are they going to squeeze a 3rd person in that's why i gave it a miss.
Old 25-11-2006, 06:18 PM   #5990
Supremacy Member

just came back from taipei, below are the summary of my trip and i hope the information will be useful for those going taipei soon

Monday, 20 Nov 2006

Hua Lien ( 花蓮 ): Took 6:45 am train ( 自强号 ) to hualien and reached there at 09:37 am. The tour guide Ms Vivian Zheng fetch us from the train station and drove us around hualien such as Taroko, 七星潭, fish museum and hualien city and went to eat 姜母鸭, 排骨面, 曾記麻薯 and 烤番薯.

Vivian zheng charged us NT$2500 for 4 pax. The total hours she guided us was about 10 hours so i think was very worth it. For your info she's the sister-in-law of 石头民宿 owner (can't remember her name, quite a few forumers here recommended her 民宿 ). Vivian Zheng stays in Singapore before for more than 10 years so she's very familiar with Singapore. Anyone interested can contact her at (886) 0937 832178 (I don't earn commission, I actually got her contact from 1 of the forumer here).

Took 7:30pm train and reached Taipei at 10:25pm. Too tired to go anywhere, sleep like pig
the owner is Ms Liu.

Ms Liu's namecard:

Ms Zheng's namecard (nvm about the occupation stated in the card ):

Experienced the tour under them before - highly recommended by the forumers and me
No complaints I 've seen so far.

*thumbs up.

Last edited by chuan3205; 25-11-2006 at 06:22 PM..
Old 25-11-2006, 06:21 PM   #5991
Supremacy Member

just landed yesterday. may give a detailed report later. just some essential for those going soon.

temp for the past week was cool, not cold. but when it rained, might be a bit colder. usually just t shirt and pants just like in singapore. even wore berms when raining. if feel cold, another layer of jumper or windbreaker was enuf.

free pre paid not available anymore. can get 300NTD instead.

the exchange rate is rather confusing. Taiwan Bank was changing at 21.01 (sell) and 21.19 (buy) at the departure area. but when i arrived, the rates was around 20.5 (sell) and 21.5 (buy) (something like dat.) maybe they only give good rates at the departure hall? I dunno. if u dun need to rush, might wanna walk around the terminal to look.

emergency exit seats for jetstar are not available for ppl younger than 15 and older than 50. if anyone of your group falls in that category. dun have to go early to get those seats.

Dayou bus will go around streets near the airport area b4 hitting the highway. if u wanna catch a glimpse of the binglang xishi along the streets, might wanna consider this bus. travel time w/o any jam was around an hr. no tv, seats not as wide but still comfy.

Taipei Pass for 1-5 days unlimited travel on mrt and buses in the city area and fringes available. discount coupons attached. one of them is guoguang bus to airport. 15% discount. (12% after rounding up to nearest 5NTD)

those taking buses that accept the easycard, always use it even if u need to top up extra cash (eg to wulai) cos mrt to bus (and vice versa) transfers have rebates.

the rest are not as important. happy exploring!
Enjoy your stay and come back do a detailed field report!!!!!
Old 25-11-2006, 07:46 PM   #5992
Master Member

did u choose this hotel after reading about it here? if so, thank goodness someone like it and i dun have to feel paiseh recommending it while i din stay there.

btw, are the rooms very small? fr their pics, i really dunno how are they going to squeeze a 3rd person in that's why i gave it a miss.
yap i choosen this hotel after some1 here recommended. so it's you. thank you

the room is small for twin sharing but enough to put 2 luggages on the floor. other than the small room, they provided all the necessary things as stated in my previous post. some extra they also provide kettle, 2 bottle mineral water, coffee, tea, biscuits, replenish everyday. the staff are very friendly and helpful

i dunno about triple sharing but i assume is a bigger room with extra bed. anyway highly recommended. where to find such cheap and new hotel with such good location!!!

thanks again brother
Old 25-11-2006, 07:50 PM   #5993
Master Member

the owner is Ms Liu.

Ms Liu's namecard:

Ms Zheng's namecard (nvm about the occupation stated in the card

Experienced the tour under them before - highly recommended by the forumers and me
No complaints I 've seen so far.

*thumbs up.
i remember vivian mentioned mr chua, so i guess must be you!

anyway thanks for the recommendation, vivian was good
Old 25-11-2006, 07:56 PM   #5994

to nutty and people here,

need some help..!! any shops or place in taipei selling genuine pearls for jewellery or for consume??

i know one shop in kao Xiong.. but tats to far from the main city..

thanks for the help.!!
Old 25-11-2006, 09:20 PM   #5995

Hi all,

Have read thrx almost 400 pgs of posts! Hope some guru here can give me some advices! I intend to go to taipei next jan (2 ppl) for around 7 days. My plan (first draft ) is like that:

Reach Taipei on Wed
---------------------------
Hope to stay in the hualien 民俗 on Thur overnight and visit taroko during the day. Then, return to taipei on Fri.

Should we spend the wednesday nite in Taipei?

Fri and Sat: Have not decided.

Sun: Breakfast at Ding Tai Feng. Afternoon or Nite at Ximentian. Hope to catch the "crystal ball" artist that appear in 大哥大。

Mon: Catch guess X3 in the afternoon slot.

Tuesday: Hope to go to Sun moon Lake. Return to Taipei same day?

Wed: Flight Home

I also wish to visit the following places

- taichung, visit feng jia nite mkt
- ching jing farm?
- any recommendations?

How could I fill up the remaining time? And also the booking of hotel room in Taipei - book it for the whole duration or only the nite we stay in Taipei?

Appreciate all advices and ideas! Thanks in advance!

Old 25-11-2006, 09:26 PM   #5996
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all,

Have read thrx almost 400 pgs of posts! Hope some guru here can give me some advices! I intend to go to taipei next jan (2 ppl) for around 7 days. My plan (first draft ) is like that:

Reach Taipei on Wed
---------------------------
Hope to stay in the hualien 民俗 on Thur overnight and visit taroko during the day. Then, return to taipei on Fri.

Should we spend the wednesday nite in Taipei?

Fri and Sat: Have not decided.

Sun: Breakfast at Ding Tai Feng. Afternoon or Nite at Ximentian. Hope to catch the "crystal ball" artist that appear in 大哥大。

Mon: Catch guess X3 in the afternoon slot.

Tuesday: Hope to go to Sun moon Lake. Return to Taipei same day?

Wed: Flight Home

I also wish to visit the following places

- taichung, visit feng jia nite mkt
- ching jing farm?
- any recommendations?

How could I fill up the remaining time? And also the booking of hotel room in Taipei - book it for the whole duration or only the nite we stay in Taipei?

Appreciate all advices and ideas! Thanks in advance!

u goin to travel the whole taiwan??

u will b ruching here and there...
for hotel,u can book just the night when u r in taipei...
Old 25-11-2006, 09:42 PM   #5997

u goin to travel the whole taiwan??

u will b ruching here and there...
for hotel,u can book just the night when u r in taipei...
guess i have to take some brochures from the shenton office. is the sun moon lake very far from taipei?
Old 25-11-2006, 09:48 PM   #5998
Arch-Supremacy Member

guess i have to take some brochures from the shenton office. is the sun moon lake very far from taipei?
sun moon lake is @ nan tou county(central taiwan)
i suggest u list down where u 1 2 go 1st.
then from there we do up the itinernary..this will b more easy..
can look 4 me @ http://www.edmw.sg/index.php......
Old 25-11-2006, 09:51 PM   #5999
Great Supremacy Member

how to catch guess show arh??
Old 25-11-2006, 10:18 PM   #6000

Hi..
Anybody have any info about count down events in TaiChung?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.