Jet Star Asia taipei promotion - return plus taxes $210
24th april to 4th May

Keysman Hotel 24th April $34*
Kaohsiung Gear hotel 25th to 27th april $75
Rainbow Hotel 28th to 3rd May $211

Total Air fare & hotel $530 for 11 days

*hotel charges is the price of one pax for a 4 pax room

I also planning for a trip on MAY.. pls see PM and share yr booking thanks
Why u dun book all keysman hotel at taipei and seperate them to rainbow too?
Old 28-02-2005, 05:16 PM   #602

Wow, that's a long trip, envious. Apr/May should be late spring, nice weather, flowers and all. But looks like you're putting up at taipei and kaoshiung only, what about the in betweens like tai chung, hua lian, alishan, etc?

I may include hualian/toroko as a one day trip from taipei... too mafan to plan to go too many places
Old 28-02-2005, 09:04 PM   #603
High Supremacy Member

i am thinking of 7 days trip to taiwan on may... Hope all the bro here can help me by providing some info thanks alot..i see from the thread that kaohsiung is not so fun so i reserve 2 days for kaohsiung .. izzt too much? This is roughly my plan ...and i seek advices from all the bro's experiences ?

day 1: noon fight reach taipe 6pm , shilin market markan walk walk
day 2: train to kaohsiung
day 3: kaohsiung
day 4: train back taipei
day 5: taipei
day 6: taipei
day 7: 6 pm flight back to singapore

a)How long is the train trip to kaohsiung. How much per trip?
b)WHat are the must visit place in taiwan (only those place of interest, nature type) like sun moon lake. and how to go those place from taipei railway station or ximenting?
c) how do i go to sun moon lake from taipei railway station?

Old 28-02-2005, 09:12 PM   #604
High Supremacy Member

I may include hualian/toroko as a one day trip from taipei... too mafan to plan to go too many places

u go there so many days shld make use of it
Old 01-03-2005, 01:12 AM   #605
High Supremacy Member

Yup. Would really recommend it. Its location and room is all worth the money. if u take the 1580NT one, would be S$82 only.

I see the price dun have 1580NT one leh... by the way is the 1580 one u called to book?

-----------------------------
HOTEL FLOWERS
-----------------------------

Standard Single 2,400.00

Deluxe Single 3,000.00

Standard Twin 2,400.00

Family Twin 2,500.00

Deluxe Twin 3,000.00

Suite 3,500.00

Deluxe Suite 5,000.00

HOTEL FLOWERS
TAIPEI

No.19&36,Han-Kow St,1,
TAIPEI,TAIWAN,
R.O.C.

For room reservation and inquiry please contact the following special lines.
TEL : 886-2-2312-3811

(20 LINES)
FAX : 2312-3800

Room reservation special line TEL : 886-2-2331-7392

Extra Bed 300.00

--------------------------
RAINBOW HOTEL
--------------------------
房間類型 標準單人房
床 型 一大床
房間數 12
定 價 2150
優惠價 1580
坪 數 5.8

房間類型 精緻雙人房
床 型 一大床
房間數 22
定 價 2400
優惠價 1780
坪 數 7.8

房間類型 豪華雙人房
床 型 一大床
房間數 8
定 價 2680
優惠價 1980
坪 數 8.8

房間類型 商務金香雙人房
床 型 二小床
房間數 8
定 價 2680
優惠價 1980
坪 數 8.8

房間類型 豪華三人房
床 型 一大床一小床
房間數 10
定 價 2980
優惠價 2180
坪 數 9.2

房間類型 家庭溫馨套房
床 型 二大床
房間數 8
定 價 3680
優惠價 2680
坪 數 10.6

房間類型 彩虹玫瑰套房
床 型 一房一廳
房間數 2
定 價 3400
優惠價 2480
坪 數 11.6
Old 01-03-2005, 02:38 AM   #606
Supremacy Member

i am thinking of 7 days trip to taiwan on may... Hope all the bro here can help me by providing some info thanks alot..i see from the thread that kaohsiung is not so fun so i reserve 2 days for kaohsiung .. izzt too much? This is roughly my plan ...and i seek advices from all the bro's experiences ?

day 1: noon fight reach taipe 6pm , shilin market markan walk walk
day 2: train to kaohsiung
day 3: kaohsiung
day 4: train back taipei
day 5: taipei
day 6: taipei
day 7: 6 pm flight back to singapore

a)How long is the train trip to kaohsiung. How much per trip?
b)WHat are the must visit place in taiwan (only those place of interest, nature type) like sun moon lake. and how to go those place from taipei railway station or ximenting?
c) how do i go to sun moon lake from taipei railway station?

nv been to kao hsiung b4 so dunno whether there fun or not... but its quite far from taipei... from wat i know, no mrt there within kaohsiung itself... so might be quite hard to travel around.. personally i think going to kaohsiung itself is a waste of time.. cos its juz another city..

sun moon lake is very far from taipei also.. remember reading abt it when i was planning for my trip to taiwan.. kaohsiung is probably nearer to sun moon lake than taipei... cos i remmeber sun moon lake is near alishan there... and its near the south part of taiwan..
Old 02-03-2005, 02:05 AM   #607
High Supremacy Member

ANyone know in kuoshuing what other place worth a visit and see?? how long take bus to SUn MOON lake??
My plan as follow

Day 1 depart to taipei..
Journey 6hrs??
day 2 kuoshiong
day 3 kuoshiong
Journey how long?????
day 4 sun moon lake
Journey how long??
day 5 to day 8 taipei

Taking bus maybe train too

Old 03-03-2005, 12:53 AM   #608

hi ppl, i'm going to taiwan in early may. booked the tickets from jetstar. it's gonna be sorta of back packing trip. what we intend to do is to take a coach when arrive in taipei all the way down to kenting, but i reckon that there wouldn't be a direct coach to bring us there, maybe only till kaoshiung. wondering if anyone can give me advice on how to go about travelling from taipei to kenting, and then slowly back up taipei for bout 6 days... and hotel wise, should i book it in singapore first? or can i go there and book? will there be vacancies in hotels like keyman and kilin or rainbow? thx in adv!
Old 03-03-2005, 06:25 AM   #609
High Supremacy Member

hi ppl, i'm going to taiwan in early may. booked the tickets from jetstar. it's gonna be sorta of back packing trip. what we intend to do is to take a coach when arrive in taipei all the way down to kenting, but i reckon that there wouldn't be a direct coach to bring us there, maybe only till kaoshiung. wondering if anyone can give me advice on how to go about travelling from taipei to kenting, and then slowly back up taipei for bout 6 days... and hotel wise, should i book it in singapore first? or can i go there and book? will there be vacancies in hotels like keyman and kilin or rainbow? thx in adv!

Kenting is where?? got what nice place??? Hotel i called a few already they said now too early to book can before one week departure then book. How much is yr flight cost?? The 68 dollar one finish last week.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:34 AM   #610
pop
Master Member

what we intend to do is to take a coach when arrive in taipei all the way down to kenting, but i reckon that there wouldn't be a direct coach to bring us there, maybe only till kaoshiung.
I didn't go south, so I can't advice much. But I suppose you would want to take the train instead?
Old 03-03-2005, 01:51 PM   #611

Oh... no... its not wise to take coach from taipei to kenting.... you will shack when you reach there :> its just like taking coach from singapore to south thailand.. i estimate.

for budget, ppl take train from taipei to kao shiong then take the coach from there (take about 3hr).

For comfort, there is a new internal flight started last year which flies from taipei Song Shang airport to Heng Chun airport near kenting, then from there, depends on which hotel you book, you can telephone and asked them when is the free shutter.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:55 PM   #612

Kenting is where?? got what nice place??? Hotel i called a few already they said now too early to book can before one week departure then book. How much is yr flight cost?? The 68 dollar one finish last week.
kenting is most southern part of taiwan, what there? beach, nice scenary and atmosphere, something like puhket? (thats what I feel). But the catch is the hotel there is xxx (for those hotel with full facilities, not talking about those local inn). If compared, I can say its like sentosa or batam to us.

Last, must see your luck, a lot of typoon will pass through kenting, so if happen the period you go got typoon, you basically will be stuck in hotel liao.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:18 PM   #613
High Supremacy Member

so it is advicable to take train from taipei to gao shiung?? bus take 6 hrs right?? train ticket buy on the spot or one day advance or book online?
Old 04-03-2005, 10:11 AM   #614

Theme Parks

I heard there's a few nice theme parks there.
Anyone knows? Like those on Shao Nian Te Gong Diu ones

Thank you
Old 04-03-2005, 11:43 AM   #615
Supremacy Member

I heard there's a few nice theme parks there.
Anyone knows? Like those on Shao Nian Te Gong Diu ones

Thank you
http://202.39.225.132/jsp/Eng/html/s....jsp?layer3=75 - a list of all amusement parks in taiwan

the one that 5566 on shao nian te gong dui goes frequently is Leofoo village because its nearest to taipei, 1 hr by bus.
http://www.leofoo.com.tw/village/Eng...Info.htm?%2D1=

but only 2 thrilling rides there, is the screaming condor (take many times) and the du nu sheng (quite mild)
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.