HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2006, 10:22 AM   #6151
Master Member

yup, i u/stand tat i cant complete the program on 18/12.. most likely will skip wulai if its same as beitou. just wanna experience hot springs...

as for yeliu, i tot just go there since its ard the area as jiufen and keelong... i've seen ppl do yeliu, jiufen, keelong... is it really very rush??

yang ming shan dunno shud go or not... cos maybe abit wet so nt sure if its dangerous...

errr... i dun think yeliu is "around" the area as jiufen & keelong. unless u've ur own transport, otherwise, buses to yeliu is not frequent. the bus plies betw keelong & danshui actually. yeliu is like in betw.
yes, theoretically, u can do yeliu -> keelong -> jiufen (i prefer jiufen last to catch the nite scene). but this means u probably hv to skip the rest of the places.

YMS shd go. scenary is nice. spend 3/4 of the day there starting from 7am in the morning. dangerous as in normal amt of danger lor, wet steps just be careful. u go jiufen wet steps also be careful (as comparison)
Old 04-12-2006, 10:27 AM   #6152
Master Member

will be leaving sg to twn this saturday morning. following tour. any buddy here noe where is Yaward Hotel and Paradise Hotel located?

Day 1: Taipei (arrival bout 3pm)
Day 2: Taipei/Hualien
Day 3: Hualien/Taitung
Day 4: Taitung/Kaoshing
Day 5: Kaoshiung/Taichung
Day 6: Taichung/Taipei
Day 7: Taipei (depart bout 2pm)
Hmm... u seem the type of touch & go traveller? or tht u're interesting mainly in city visits? I think quite typical of tour groups ;p
"Yaward Hotel" do u mean Howard Hotel in taipei?
Old 04-12-2006, 11:46 AM   #6153

Some ques:

1) Is YMS a recommendation to visit in mid Dec? Understand that it will be cold but will it still be nice to visit??

2) Hot Spring is mostly located at Bei Tou mrt right? If i want for 2 private pool roughly hw much will it cost??

Thks
Old 04-12-2006, 12:26 PM   #6154
Supremacy Member

Hmm... u seem the type of touch & go traveller? or tht u're interesting mainly in city visits? I think quite typical of tour groups ;p
"Yaward Hotel" do u mean Howard Hotel in taipei?
i following those agency tour grp one. so the schedule is decided by them. i prefer to go FnE, but going with parents and they prefer tour visit for our 1st visit in TWN. so no choice lor.

not sure if it HOWARD. in the package, the hotel list is YAWARD HOTEL ( 悦华大飯店 )
Old 04-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #6155

The Howard Group of Hotels are nice, No worries. If you are with the package , it is Howard.
Paradise in Taipei and Howard in the other places.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #6156

Weather:

Last night temp went down to 14C but it will go up over the next few days. However at nights it will still be cool. A Tshirt, Shirt and a Denim Jacket is fine for me, but then I enjoy the cool weather.

Typhoon:

Yes , they had one biggie last year but this year no direct hits at all, all went to Japan or the Mainland, wierd weather patterns as mentioned.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:45 PM   #6157
Supremacy Member

The Howard Group of Hotels are nice, No worries. If you are with the package , it is Howard.
Paradise in Taipei and Howard in the other places.
wah sian. i plan to go FnE on the first day i reach. wanna go buy gundam kits. lol. any idea if the 2 hotels are near (or within walking stn to any nearest MRT stn)?
Old 04-12-2006, 03:21 PM   #6158

Hi,
I intend to head to Yehliu first before going to the following places...

1. Shifen
2. Jinguashi
3. Jiufen
4. Ruiefang (not sure, can do without it since nothing much to do there)
5. Keelung (end off with Keelung's Miaokou Food Street)

What shld the sequence be? and how do I get from Yehliu to the nxt destination and get ard from one place to another?
Hope someone can help me cos I am leaving on this sunday pls..

Tks.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:35 PM   #6159

teewd85, not sure how to go yeliu as i never been there but u can take railway from taipei main station to keelong and change bus to there if i'm not wrong. After tat, from keelong, u can take another bus to jinguashi & jiufen. (Prepare exact coins hor). alternatively, if u dun wan to go yeliu, u can go direct to ruifang from taipei main railway station, from ruifang take bus to jinguashi and jiufen... i'm not sure how to go shifen too.. ruifang is actually nothing much, most ppl take it transit point
Old 04-12-2006, 04:21 PM   #6160

bluesky1: Forumer just returned on TA posted:
Asia Pacific Hot Spring. NT$1000 (Private room 1 hours + Public Pool 2 hours) for 2 persons. Not bad.
http://www.apresort.com.tw
Another forumer posted:
NT1000 for a private room for 2 for an hour during wkday. Spacious, nice ambience. Free shuttle from Beitou and Xinbeitou MRT. Shuttle timing shown in website. Abit pricey compared to the other hot springs but I am quite happy w it as the tub is fairly big (about 2-3 bath tub size). They also filled the tub when I went to the room so I know itís not recycled water.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:29 PM   #6161

teewd85

If you opt out of Yeliou ( I liked it -okay to visit once-but I end up going there many times because of Visitors) the go to Shihfen.Do that first thing in the morning as the train timing is tricky. if you miss a afternoon connection, you can wait a couple of hours for the next train. Will post timing later, info at home. Then from Rueifang to Jioufen and Jioufen to Keelung by bus.Rueifang is transit point for that area.

Also, Viewing the Waterfalls at Shihfen is lovely especially since we have been having rains. Remember to wear good walking / hiking shoes.

For your info, Keelung being in the center, Yeliou is North of Keelung and Shifen, Jioufen is South of Keelung.

If I forget to post , remind me
Map of Northern Area:
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/6...htaiwan7dl.jpg
Old 04-12-2006, 05:18 PM   #6162
Master Member

Hope someone can help me cos I am leaving on this sunday pls..

Tks.
1. Shifen
2. Jinguashi
3. Jiufen
4. Ruiefang (not sure, can do without it since nothing much to do there)
5. Keelung (end off with Keelung's Miaokou Food Street)

I only know this method. maybe others will hv other ways (public transport assumed)

TO go yehliu, u can either take bus from Danshui or Keelong, the plies betw this 2 places. If i remember, bus departs every hour, maybe more freq. if wkend. travel time on bus shd be abt an hour. SO! -

If u going yehliu 1st, either take train to Keelong or MRT to danshui. Then transfer to bus to yehliu. This will take u the better half of the day. yehliu spend abt 2hrs. lunch at yehliu. unless u manage to be super early, then bus to keelong then lunch at miaokou food street. from keelong, there's bus to jiufen / jinguashi. note that jinguashi is just 1 stop further than jiufen (~10 min bus ride). if really wanna explore jinguashi a bit, spare 2-3hrs at least depending on ur physically conditioning. then spare anr 2-3hrous in Jiufen rounding off with dinner & night scene. after which u can travel back to keelong if u insist on food at miaokou again. otherwise, drop off at Rueifang to catch a train back to Taipei.

If you wanna go Shifen, the train is from Rueifang.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:54 PM   #6163

teewd85, maybe this can help u, posted by someone from another forum...

Take MRT to Taipei Main Station, go out Exit 6. Walked across BeiPing West Rd to Taipei Intercity Bus Terminal. Take GuoGuang Bus (Taipei<->JiShan) from North Station. NT$92/pax. Yeliu Scenery, Unique rock formations.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:12 PM   #6164
Arch-Supremacy Member

teewd85, not sure how to go yeliu as i never been there but u can take railway from taipei main station to keelong and change bus to there if i'm not wrong. After tat, from keelong, u can take another bus to jinguashi & jiufen. (Prepare exact coins hor). alternatively, if u dun wan to go yeliu, u can go direct to ruifang from taipei main railway station, from ruifang take bus to jinguashi and jiufen... i'm not sure how to go shifen too.. ruifang is actually nothing much, most ppl take it transit point
Take express bus (bound for Danshui) of Keelung Co. or Danshui Co. at the Keelung station (near Keelung Railway Station)
Old 05-12-2006, 11:04 AM   #6165

teewd85

If you opt out of Yeliou ( I liked it -okay to visit once-but I end up going there many times because of Visitors) the go to Shihfen.Do that first thing in the morning as the train timing is tricky. if you miss a afternoon connection, you can wait a couple of hours for the next train. Will post timing later, info at home. Then from Rueifang to Jioufen and Jioufen to Keelung by bus.Rueifang is transit point for that area.

Also, Viewing the Waterfalls at Shihfen is lovely especially since we have been having rains. Remember to wear good walking / hiking shoes.

For your info, Keelung being in the center, Yeliou is North of Keelung and Shifen, Jioufen is South of Keelung.

If I forget to post , remind me
Map of Northern Area:
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/6...htaiwan7dl.jpg
What you mean opt out of Yehliu? You mean not going Yehliu at all? Cos I am very keen to go yehliu as well...dilemma...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.