HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2006, 06:47 PM   #6196

Taipei City Bus 260: Taipei Station North Exit-Yang ming shan
is the cable car service started in YMS?
Old 06-12-2006, 10:13 PM   #6197
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is there a cable care service? I din see it at all. however, I read that the cable car from the Zoo to Maokong is ready for service this month, if i m not wrong.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:24 PM   #6198
Arch-Supremacy Member

wat cable car svc??i only heard there is 1 cable car svc in nantou(iirc) only
Old 07-12-2006, 09:16 AM   #6199

The trains are taken from Taipei Railway Station (juz like trains to Hualien) rite?
Also, do I ve to book for the tickets like I will do for Hualien?
Transferring from Taipei ->Rueifang to Rueifang->Shifen need to head for another location or simply cross over to another platform within the same station?

paisei paisei...

Tks.
Decided to go Shifen on another day.

I need to check with you guys:

1. Do I need to book for the train tickets on an earlier day (like for hualien)?
2. After reaching Rueifang, to tranfer to another train to Shifen, is it at the same train station? (something like S'pore's City Hall har?)

Thank you...
Old 07-12-2006, 10:14 AM   #6200

Taiwan Itinerary

This is my itinerary.

Huge file, in the sense that there are 8 pages.

Hope this would be useful to the future taiwan goers...

Had great help from many people esp nutty!

http://www.savefile.com/files/320220

Last edited by teewd85; 07-12-2006 at 12:07 PM..
Old 07-12-2006, 11:56 AM   #6201
High Supremacy Member

This is my itinerary.

Huge file, in the sense that there are 8 pages.

Hope this would be useful to the future taiwan goers...

Had great help from many people esp nutty!

tp://www.savefile.com/files/320220

nice itinerary.... where did u stay huh ?....
Old 07-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #6202

nice itinerary.... where did u stay huh ?....
I am staying at New Worl Hotel at XMD area...
a cheapo hotel only...
haha...
Old 07-12-2006, 01:34 PM   #6203
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is there a cable care service? I din see it at all. however, I read that the cable car from the Zoo to Maokong is ready for service this month, if i m not wrong.
Just checked. the cable car to maokong will only be available next Feb.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:40 PM   #6204
Arch-Supremacy Member

1. Do I need to book for the train tickets on an earlier day (like for hualien)?
2. After reaching Rueifang, to tranfer to another train to Shifen, is it at the same train station? (something like S'pore's City Hall har?)

Thank you...
1. Nope. u dun have to. however, if u decide to stopover at other stations besides shifen, u could get a 1 day pass (unlimited travel on Pingxi line between Jingtong terminal station and Ruifang) at NT$54 which is more worth it. Available at Taipei Main Station. Heard can get it on the train as well.

2. Same station and maybe same platform. it's best to check with station master when u reach there.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #6205
High Supremacy Member

I am staying at New Worl Hotel at XMD area...
a cheapo hotel only...
haha...

Pls update me after your trip k... coz i c that u going a lot of 'scenic' places which i dun tink i'll be gg.... tell me which are the MUST go and which 1 can forgo...

thanks !!!
Old 07-12-2006, 03:12 PM   #6206
Arch-Supremacy Member

went through some of the itineraries here and noticed that some of u have not done enuf homework. F&E is not as simple as it seems. lotsa hardwork needed to make the whole trip fruitful and enjoyable. last min preparation will not bring u anywhere. at least 1/2 year of research is necessary i think. 1mth if u could do nth but just researching.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:02 PM   #6207
Master Member

not really, some of us prefer not to do too detail plans for F&E and tht's where some enjoyment is. For eg. i toured USA west coast for 18 days. i almost didnt plan other than the car rental & air tickets. Everything was done there. so its a real FREE & EASY...haha. enjoyed the trip throughly.

of coz, for taiwan, need to plan a bit more coz things like hotels, tickets etc need to be well co-ordinated. But if need to plan to nitty gritty details, then i rather take tour package.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:05 PM   #6208
Master Member

Thank you...
1. No need. u can buy ticket from taipei main station but not necessary. if no seats on actual day, just stand is ok, short trip anyway.
2. yes, transfer train. err... its same station lar, but its not exactly like our City Hall...haha. be careful dun get run down by train over there hor.... if u wan, can also take photo on the railway track.

oh, let me explain my 1. a bit.
usually for these short trips, i rather not buy tickets 1st as i prefer to hv some flexibility over my timing. so that i dun hv to die die catch the train or i can catch earlier train if earlier location proves boring so that i can move on.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:48 PM   #6209

Thanks you for all the advice!

Old 07-12-2006, 04:55 PM   #6210
Arch-Supremacy Member

went through some of the itineraries here and noticed that some of u have not done enuf homework. F&E is not as simple as it seems. lotsa hardwork needed to make the whole trip fruitful and enjoyable. last min preparation will not bring u anywhere. at least 1/2 year of research is necessary i think. 1mth if u could do nth but just researching.
dun need 1/2 year of research so long la
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.