HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2006, 09:36 PM   #6211
Arch-Supremacy Member

not really, some of us prefer not to do too detail plans for F&E and tht's where some enjoyment is. For eg. i toured USA west coast for 18 days. i almost didnt plan other than the car rental & air tickets. Everything was done there. so its a real FREE & EASY...haha. enjoyed the trip throughly.

of coz, for taiwan, need to plan a bit more coz things like hotels, tickets etc need to be well co-ordinated. But if need to plan to nitty gritty details, then i rather take tour package.
yup. i agree there are many ways to enjoy. i m referring to those with lotsa plans but obviously not enuf time.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:37 PM   #6212
Arch-Supremacy Member

dun need 1/2 year of research so long la
1/2 a year as in do a bit of reading in between work, study, play etc mar.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:44 PM   #6213

need so long meh? actually plan until so detail oso might nt come out true... so many factors have to rely on... such as weather, physical conditioning, timings... if u like a place, u wun wanna leave just to stick to ur plan rite? =) think most impt is enjoy ourselves and nt rush so much...

hehe, already decided to skip a few of the places i wanna visit so as to really enjoy my trip in a leisurely manner... =P
Old 07-12-2006, 10:55 PM   #6214

jus back from taipei... sticked to at 90% of my planning.. n extended 1 day to watch guess*3.. really a gd experience!!! the whole show is great n entertaining!!! wu zhong xian is gd!! no NG at all.. best part... able to took pics with makiyo, evonne hsu and 2moro... heheheheheh
weather there was very cold esp whn it rains n wind blows...

Last edited by gera11; 07-12-2006 at 11:06 PM..
Old 07-12-2006, 11:07 PM   #6215

HI,
Glad you had a good time.It is nice to experience a bit of cold .Today it is back to normal 22C~28C and no rain
Old 08-12-2006, 12:34 AM   #6216
Arch-Supremacy Member

need so long meh? actually plan until so detail oso might nt come out true... so many factors have to rely on... such as weather, physical conditioning, timings... if u like a place, u wun wanna leave just to stick to ur plan rite? =) think most impt is enjoy ourselves and nt rush so much...

hehe, already decided to skip a few of the places i wanna visit so as to really enjoy my trip in a leisurely manner... =P
u nid to know a bit of the background of all the places u go to since there is no tour guide. can't possibly go somewhere cos ppl say it's famous but u dunno why it's famous rite? and transport planning is also very important, i think. unless u r rich to get a cab to all the destination.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:48 AM   #6217

Ani one noe tat will there be guess3 recording on DEc 30 TO JAN 3
on any of the day?i be travlling there on these day. . .
Old 08-12-2006, 09:10 AM   #6218
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'll be there from 3 jan to 9 jan.... browsed tru alot of pages and somehw.. i feel tat i can afford to miss some of the places... so can u guys help me out ?....

1) ACcom... not much plans yet... any suggestion for premium accom and budget accom in taipei?
2) mainly gg to:
shilin, ximending, yu ren ma tou, danshui, wu fen pu, yang ming shan, beitou, Raohe, 101, nyny, n some city area places...

Planning to giv Jiufen, Keelung, miramar etc a miz.. or u guys think i sld really go there.. ??? any other ares tat i sld be gg also ?
Old 08-12-2006, 10:45 AM   #6219
Master Member

I'll be there from 3 jan to 9 jan.... browsed tru alot of pages and somehw.. i feel tat i can afford to miss some of the places... so can u guys help me out ?....

1) ACcom... not much plans yet... any suggestion for premium accom and budget accom in taipei?
2) mainly gg to:
shilin, ximending, yu ren ma tou, danshui, wu fen pu, yang ming shan, beitou, Raohe, 101, nyny, n some city area places...

Planning to giv Jiufen, Keelung, miramar etc a miz.. or u guys think i sld really go there.. ??? any other ares tat i sld be gg also ?
1) accom wise. frankly i dun feel worth to pay for premium in taiwan. their premium is only like our 4-5stars. not like our 6 stars. unless u're talking about taipei top top top premium. there's a special hotel tht looks like a palace in taipei, slipped my mind its name. can stay 1 nite to experience it. Very old history. i think shd be about NT$3,000 per nite. otherwise, stay city inn or tshotel as recommended by forumers here.

2) 1stly, let me say i'm more of a scenic traveller and almost zero on shopping time.
from your places of visit, my opinion is that yu ren ma tou (nothin special, just visit our bridge from kallang river to indoor stadium is similar..haha). we fen pu is pure shopping. u can skip raohe, nothin there unless u wanna watch pple skin snake and play with king cobra. 101 & nyny beside each other. but dun hv high hopes on their fashion there.

recommend to add-in jiufen & yeliu. these 2 places give u some diversity in your itenary.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:38 AM   #6220
Arch-Supremacy Member

1) accom wise. frankly i dun feel worth to pay for premium in taiwan. their premium is only like our 4-5stars. not like our 6 stars. unless u're talking about taipei top top top premium. there's a special hotel tht looks like a palace in taipei, slipped my mind its name. can stay 1 nite to experience it. Very old history. i think shd be about NT$3,000 per nite. otherwise, stay city inn or tshotel as recommended by forumers here.

2) 1stly, let me say i'm more of a scenic traveller and almost zero on shopping time.
from your places of visit, my opinion is that yu ren ma tou (nothin special, just visit our bridge from kallang river to indoor stadium is similar..haha). we fen pu is pure shopping. u can skip raohe, nothin there unless u wanna watch pple skin snake and play with king cobra. 101 & nyny beside each other. but dun hv high hopes on their fashion there.

recommend to add-in jiufen & yeliu. these 2 places give u some diversity in your itenary.
r u refering to yuanshan hotel? btw, did u left out a zero or the price is in sing dollar?
Old 08-12-2006, 12:41 PM   #6221

Ani one noe tat will there be guess3 recording on DEc 30 TO JAN 3
on any of the day?i be travlling there on these day. . .
u can call n ask.. 02 2781 3888
most of the times i think is mon recording..
1.30pm will end at 6pm++
Old 08-12-2006, 01:29 PM   #6222
Master Member

r u refering to yuanshan hotel? btw, did u left out a zero or the price is in sing dollar?
yes, yuanshan. thks for remind. no, i didnt leave out a zero. the cheapest room is about there
Old 08-12-2006, 01:33 PM   #6223
Master Member

oh, found the website

http://www.grand-hotel.org/newsite/html/c/cindex.htm

Now its NT$3850 for 1 nite. i remember when i was there in sept this yr was about $3200
Old 08-12-2006, 02:19 PM   #6224
Arch-Supremacy Member

yes, yuanshan. thks for remind. no, i didnt leave out a zero. the cheapest room is about there
then it's not expensive at all. since it is 5 or 6stars?
Old 08-12-2006, 02:26 PM   #6225
Arch-Supremacy Member

Dun tink tat is tat high end from wat i read.. lol... was looking at hyatt n shangri la... but somehw.. i tink nt worth it,.. so most prob juz stay in a normal 1 ba.. lol..

really muz go jiufen & yeliu ? hw far n hw long is it from taipei city... ?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.