HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2006, 10:06 AM   #6256

just a couple of Qs....

Taipei Arena is = Taipei Xiao Ju Dan rite? its at Bade Street rite?

Taipei Huo Che Zhan K-Mall is where?
Old 12-12-2006, 10:32 AM   #6257

seems like there's quite alot of rain recently .. will a small foldable umbrella be sufficient?

Does the rain get really heavy and last the entire day?
Old 12-12-2006, 12:46 PM   #6258

Taipei Huo Che Zhan K-Mall is at the Huo Che Zhan (Railway Station) lor... lol

The Taipei Railway station opposite i tink....
Old 12-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #6259
Master Member

sounds like a rainy yr for taiwan... maybe there's typhoon nearby tht's bringing about all these rain.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:54 PM   #6260

GOING TAIPEI TMR! haaha. anyone can recommend me shops/street tt sell sneaks or tee?
Old 12-12-2006, 09:37 PM   #6261
Supremacy Member

At taiwan now. the place is very interesting. weather isnt as cold as expected. but its very windy. advisable to bring thick clothing in case weather turn bad.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:32 PM   #6262

for those goin taiwan for countdown...

1.今年的跨年晚會TVBS規劃從12月31日晚上7時至96年1月1日凌晨1時,演出藝人包括:蔡依琳、五月天、羅智祥、梁詠琪、梁靜茹、楊乃文、FIR、蕭亞軒、黃立行、飛輪海、南拳媽媽、TANK等..
今年的跨年晚會演唱會和往年一樣從12月31日晚上7點到元旦凌晨1點,將邀請五月天、張惠妹、王力宏等知名藝人與市民一起倒數迎接新的一年

Taipei city 台北市政府

台中市立体育场
主持人:康康,候昌明,陈思旋,黄小柔
艺人:蔡依林,信乐团,杨丞琳,小猪,张善为,飞轮海,张韶涵,Energy

Taichung
English details:
"2006 Christmas in Taipei" - Taipei City Government
http://english.taipei.gov.tw/TCG/index.jsp?categid=36&recordid=9370
"2007 New Year Countdown Party" - Taipei City Government
http://english.taipei.gov.tw/TCG/index.jsp?categid=36&recordid=9364
(Posted by CC)
Old 12-12-2006, 10:42 PM   #6263
Master Member

Any from Sg gg there to countdown?

English details:
"2006 Christmas in Taipei" - Taipei City Government
http://english.taipei.gov.tw/TCG/index.jsp?categid=36&recordid=9370
"2007 New Year Countdown Party" - Taipei City Government
http://english.taipei.gov.tw/TCG/index.jsp?categid=36&recordid=9364
(Posted by CC)

i m gg to taipei from 27 dec to 1 jan, will be gg to the countdown...
Will XDM having one too?
Old 13-12-2006, 12:39 PM   #6264
Master Member

OK im heading to taiwan next tuesday but there are a few things that i need help from u guys.

1.I have been reading this thread for a while and kinda plan to take freego bus from cks air port to my hotel, Royal castle. Problem is i read that freego bus is being suspended in taipei for high accident rate?? I went through the cks airpot bus guide. The nearest place a bus stops at is the Taipei main station. Any other alternatives for buses that will stop right at the heart of ximending, better still royal castle?

2.Im just wondering if i can get those 5 days mrt/bus pass at the air port? The bus pass enable us to take any kind of bus or what? Coz i read that theres a few companies providing bus service in taipei

3.My gf has been rather adamant about adding Yangmingshan into our itinerary. Is it advisable?Rainy season and all. I mean we only have 6 days, 5 nights.

4. I feel like visiting their university(I have no idea why,maybe watch too many of their variety shows,hehe) I saw from somewhere their university is actually also a tourist spot. Is it shi fan da xue or tai wan ta xue or both? Can head to their shida night market as well right?

Last edited by angdao83; 13-12-2006 at 01:05 PM..
Old 13-12-2006, 01:07 PM   #6265

1) The Freego route cancelled is in the South of Taiwan not up here. So just take Freego directly to Royal Castle, no worries.

2) For travel within the city, DONT get the 5 Day travel pass, too expensive, Just get the regular easy card from any Convenience store or the MRT Station for travel on Taipei city buses and the MRT.

3) Make your gf happy. Go early morning, (Since most stores and places dont really open till after 10.30am) bus for YMS at the Ximen MRT bus stop:260 from 5.45am and return to town about noon. If you have Beitou and Danshui in your Itinerary, do it on that day.
Then from YMS you dont have to return to town but take Bus 230 or Mini Bus no. 9 (I think) directly to Beitou, after Beitou, you can head for Danshui.
Old 13-12-2006, 01:13 PM   #6266

The arrival of the first cold air mass from China is expected to engulf the island from Friday until Monday, plunging northern and central temperatures as low as 10 degrees Celsius and 11 degrees Celsius in the south. (Note it is a lot cooler in places up in the mountains and in places like Danshui-Single digit temp)
The coldest days will be Saturday 16th Dec and Sunday 17th Dec . Northern and northeastern regions will experience cold weather throughout the day, as temperatures are not expected to go above 16 degrees Celsius.
Central and southern regions will experience temperature differences ranging from about 11 degrees Celsius in the morning and evening time, and up to 20 degrees Celsius during the day.
Old 13-12-2006, 01:13 PM   #6267
Master Member

Thanks nuttyazn.

Alrighty. YMS here we come. Beitou is more for hot spring and stuff right? We are not really interested in hot spring. Any location up north that falls along the same general direction that u will recomemend? Feel like going to miramar entertainment park on the same day

So its YMS, Danshui and Miramar entertainment park but the park like very out of the place....

Last edited by angdao83; 13-12-2006 at 01:17 PM..
Old 13-12-2006, 02:33 PM   #6268
Supremacy Member

The arrival of the first cold air mass from China is expected to engulf the island from Friday until Monday, plunging northern and central temperatures as low as 10 degrees Celsius and 11 degrees Celsius in the south. (Note it is a lot cooler in places up in the mountains and in places like Danshui-Single digit temp)
The coldest days will be Saturday 16th Dec and Sunday 17th Dec . Northern and northeastern regions will experience cold weather throughout the day, as temperatures are not expected to go above 16 degrees Celsius.
Central and southern regions will experience temperature differences ranging from about 11 degrees Celsius in the morning and evening time, and up to 20 degrees Celsius during the day.
this coming fri dec 15???

where the link to this news??? ty

Last edited by Keo_86; 13-12-2006 at 02:41 PM..
Old 13-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #6269

Smile

for more info...

http://www.edmw.sg/viewtopic.php?t=9194
Hey Fireworks..

Thanks alot for helping... haven't got the time to come online. By the way, have a few more queries regarding 九份 :

1. What is the best time to visit 九份? In fact, need to know what time the shops or stores there opens. Anyone can share this?

2. Is it true that it takes around an hour and a half to travel from central to 九份? How long usually does one stays in 九份?

3. Where can we go after visiting 九份?

Thanks for helping in advance...
Old 13-12-2006, 02:45 PM   #6270
High Supremacy Member

Hi guys... u tink it's feasible to go to taichung ? (any places of interest??) FYI, i'm gg to taipei for 6 nite in Jan... dunno if there's anything in taichung..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.