HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2005, 06:18 PM   #616
Great Supremacy Member

ANyone going to taiwan soon?? The exhcange rate is killing... going up and up.. have u do any exchange?? what yrs rate and from which money exhcange??
Old 04-03-2005, 11:07 PM   #617
Supremacy Member

ANyone going to taiwan soon?? The exhcange rate is killing... going up and up.. have u do any exchange?? what yrs rate and from which money exhcange??
must be because of ah-bian government..
Old 05-03-2005, 12:37 AM   #618

just came back from Taiwan... Taipei was raining for the past few days... but when i came back ..no rain liow.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:22 AM   #619
Supremacy Member

just came back from Taiwan... Taipei was raining for the past few days... but when i came back ..no rain liow.
cold ornot?
Old 05-03-2005, 11:55 AM   #620

for budget, ppl take train from taipei to kao shiong then take the coach from there (take about 3hr).

For comfort, there is a new internal flight started last year which flies from taipei Song Shang airport to Heng Chun airport near kenting, then from there, depends on which hotel you book, you can telephone and asked them when is the free shutter.
hi thx for ur advice, btw, i heard from my colleague that taking a coach to kaoshiung is much faster than taking a train, but since i have nvr go to taiwan before, can anyone here give me advice on how to go about going from the airport to the place to take coach?
I doubt there will be a direct coach to kenting, thus i am worrying bout how to go from kaoshiung to kenting in the middle of the nite, cos i'll be reaching taipei ard 5.30pm, by the time i reach kaoshiung, it'll be almost midnight, is there still coaches available at that time to go to kenting?

thx in adv to all!
Old 05-03-2005, 01:30 PM   #621
pop
Master Member

cold ornot?
watched the news on ch 52 today, it is snowing in many of the mountains. Taiwan seldom get snow, and March is not supposed to be so cold. This year is exceptional.

When I was there on New Year's eve, the locals were all very excited about the snow falling in Yangming Mountain. I was in Taipei and the night time temp fell to 5 deg C or lower, very cold.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:04 PM   #622

cold ornot?
if no wind blowing...feel like in aircon room....wind blow...very cold. temp about 11-15 degrees
Old 05-03-2005, 08:04 PM   #623

tml there is quite a no. of travel fair.. do u think i should book those Free n Easy package? or book airline n hotel seperately by myself.. would wan to leave in 1 or 2 weeks time
Old 05-03-2005, 08:46 PM   #624
pop
Master Member

tml there is quite a no. of travel fair.. do u think i should book those Free n Easy package? or book airline n hotel seperately by myself.. would wan to leave in 1 or 2 weeks time
Well, judging by the posts here, most of us just book our own air tix and hotel. It is easy and especially with the LCC, the airfares are cheap and you can choose your own hotel and find the best rate available on the net.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:38 PM   #625
Supremacy Member

if u have time and dun mind hassle, getting the stuff urself is better..
but if u have no time or dun wan to trouble urself, spend a bit more lor for those package and can request to go back to sg by urself and extend a few days
Old 05-03-2005, 11:50 PM   #626
Banned

Talking of taipei, can anyone tell me which month is the cool season and which month is summer? So next time if i visit there, at least can choose to go during summer. Also wat is the exchange rate like? SG can change how much NT?
Old 06-03-2005, 12:29 AM   #627
Supremacy Member

1SGD = 18.92 NT

from oct onwards till now is cold season. summer is from may - aug, june being ideal.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:04 AM   #628
Banned

Thanks for your prompt reply. If i were to ask your opinion on whether should i choose to go during cool season or summer, which is your preferable? And is it as cold as in genting, cos i notice most ppl wear couple of clothing, like sweater plus additional shirt, some even put a scarf on their neck, is it really that cold. For your info, i last went there is during army days and didn't get the chance to feel the cold so no much idea about how's the temp like.

Seems to me their exchange rate is similar to thai baht.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:20 AM   #629
Supremacy Member

if no wind blowing...feel like in aircon room....wind blow...very cold. temp about 11-15 degrees
i saw the news, i think it's below 10 now, damn cold sia
Old 06-03-2005, 10:10 AM   #630

Well, judging by the posts here, most of us just book our own air tix and hotel. It is easy and especially with the LCC, the airfares are cheap and you can choose your own hotel and find the best rate available on the net.
if i wanna book the FnE tour by the tour agency, how much is consider overcharged if i wanna go 4 nitez. the tour will include flight + accomod
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.