HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2006, 10:27 PM   #6376
Arch-Supremacy Member

Planning to go taiwan on for around 5 days is it too much and any place to intro will be living at Si Men Ting....by the way is china air better or jet star... compared the price not much difference...
http://www.edmw.sg/viewtopic.php?t=9194

can haf a look if u want
Old 21-12-2006, 10:29 PM   #6377
Arch-Supremacy Member

i agree. i was simply lamenting on ppl who only think that things are always better in other places. maybe they should ask themselves, after living here for so many years, how many actually have visited the not so famous temples in the city? rich history there as well.
the govt lead the example....
Old 21-12-2006, 10:30 PM   #6378
Arch-Supremacy Member

for those who r interested....
the last unset of 2006 will set @ kinmen while the 1st sunrise of 2007 will rise @ lanyu

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url...21/1/8a92.html
Old 21-12-2006, 10:34 PM   #6379

http://www.edmw.sg/viewtopic.php?t=9194

can haf a look if u want
thanks...will search here also for hot springs...
Old 21-12-2006, 10:51 PM   #6380

hmm... anyone been checking the exchange rates recently?? just checked at chinatown area today... seems like the rate is ard 20.50~ anyone knows where has better rates?
Old 21-12-2006, 11:24 PM   #6381
Supremacy Member

Planning to go taiwan on for around 5 days is it too much and any place to intro will be living at Si Men Ting....by the way is china air better or jet star... compared the price not much difference...
me went for 5days.........not enough for me sadly I only go to all the attractions in taipei city....
Old 21-12-2006, 11:24 PM   #6382

okie... need a little help here on the itenary of my trip to taipei it will be a 7 day FnE trip.. we are traveling in a grp of 4 from 26th dec to 1st jan

here goes,

Day 1 Tuesday 26th Dec
Morning Flight, reaching about 1pm
Late afternoon, after checking in, walk around XMD
Night, Shilin NM

Day 2 Wednesday 27th Dec
Morning, buy tickets to Hualian for Day 3... Then proceed to Yeliu
Noon, Move to RuiFang for JuiFen.. here comes a small problem... i still can really figure out which place to visit first shld i go to shifen?? as i read thur here, i notice ppl mention that trains going in and out of shifen is infrequent... therefore is it better to do without shifen??

With Shifen i am hopping to be something like this, RuiFang --> Shifen --> RuiFang --> JianGuaShi --> JiuFen --> RuiFang
Without Shifen i am hopping to be something like this, RuiFang --> JinGuaShi --> JiuFen --> RuiFang

Then Night time, KeeLong, MiaoKou Seafood Stalls....

Day 3, Thursday 28th Dec
Hua Lian, am thinking of contacting Ms Vivian Zheng that lots of forumers recommanded here, do you all think it is abit later to contact her now? As i will be going there for only 1 day, what are some places to recommand? i am looking at the taroko george and Qi Xin Tan...
Do you all think we can fit in any NM here???

Day 4, Friday 29th Dec
Morning, YMS
Early Noon, Beitou Hot spring
Late Noon, DanShui, Lovers Bridge,
Night, Mirama Ferris Wheel ShiLin NM

Day 5, Saturday 30th Dec
Morning, about 9am like this DingTaiFung, most prob skipping lunch..
Noon, Guang Hua (computer stuff and comics) followed by TianMu and WuFenPu (is it possible to cover this 2 places b4 going to the NM??? can i reconfirm that TianMu sells warehouse rejects of branded stuffs and sort.. and what will be the recommanded time to visit WuFenPu on a sat? i see most ppl here visit them on weekdays as opps to wkends..)
Night, Raohe NM

Day 6, Sunday 31st Dec (NY Eve)
Morning, slack around i guess, any other place to fit in here?
Late Morning ~ Early Noon, Shoe Street (my understanding is that it is at YuanLing Rd which i believe is near TMS, anyway are they similar to that of hongkong's show street??)
Noon, Zhong Xiao Area i will suppose this will be where all the shopping centers comes in... like NYNY, Warner, SOGO and sort i guess) but slightly b4 reaching zhong xiao area, i rmb reading somewhere that there is an undergrd shopping center @ TMS, is it better to go there b4 heading to ZhongXiao Area??
Maybe will head up into taipei 101 (if it is not too croweded noting that there will be a event going on there for the countdown) mingle ard that area for the countdown to NY.... which i guess will take us thur the night...
ok i am grping TMS and the 3 ZhongXiao MRT together here, are they all within walking distance say from 1 shopping center to other... and are there any recommanded shopping centers that we should take note and will they be open???

Day 7, Monday 1st Jan
The flight back is at 1800, therefore what will be a good time to leave for the airport??
anyway i dunno what to plan for this day, as my concern will be are the shops open? it is new year day... and most prob by the time we wake up shld be ard noon or checkout time whichever is eariler...
any place did i miss out??

anyway thanks in advance for anyone that is going to help me vet thur my itenary first... and help will be greatly appreciated many thanks again
Old 21-12-2006, 11:37 PM   #6383

hmm... anyone been checking the exchange rates recently?? just checked at chinatown area today... seems like the rate is ard 20.50~ anyone knows where has better rates?
now mustafa giving a rate of 100 to 4.9100
Old 21-12-2006, 11:46 PM   #6384

now mustafa giving a rate of 100 to 4.9100
hmm that will be around 20.4... seems like the days of 21dollars is over... hehe
Old 22-12-2006, 01:01 AM   #6385
Arch-Supremacy Member

something i dun understand about ppl visiting temples in taiwan. if u r really interested in temples, we have a lot here. old ones, new ones, and more variety as architecture are based on bigger region as compared to taiwan. pay them a visit. the grass are not always greener on the other side.

of cos there are diff practices to see. my point is that dun just visit others and neglect ours.
I am v surprised u have a concern on locals avoid local temples.....

Anyway...my obj to visit one in taiwan is just to see the differences. NOw, isnt that why we go travel for? To experience and see others' culture. Anyway, locals dun visit temples for leisure purpose, they visit them for prayers and such religion purposes.

Another obj is to pray for a good journey....
Old 22-12-2006, 09:24 AM   #6386

I am v surprised u have a concern on locals avoid local temples.....

Anyway...my obj to visit one in taiwan is just to see the differences. NOw, isnt that why we go travel for? To experience and see others' culture. Anyway, locals dun visit temples for leisure purpose, they visit them for prayers and such religion purposes.

Another obj is to pray for a good journey....
furthermore in the temple the "God" they worship are different in singapore.
Local we very very common Da Pek Gong, Guan Yin, etc..
and taiwan like wen wu temple,, they have kong zhi , and the 3 great historic great warriors which singapore hardly can see..

they have rich chinese history back ground to learn from...
Old 22-12-2006, 12:00 PM   #6387
Arch-Supremacy Member

The high speed train is expected to be in service on 1st Jan 2007..

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url...21/2/8b4u.html
Old 22-12-2006, 12:33 PM   #6388
Supremacy Member

The high speed train is expected to be in service on 1st Jan 2007..

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url...21/2/8b4u.html
how fast can the train go??
Old 22-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #6389
Arch-Supremacy Member

haha.. good.. i gg taipei on 3 jan... planning to go sun moon lake also... so can take the fast train to taichung ?...

any1 noe hw to buy tix?
Old 22-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #6390
Arch-Supremacy Member

how fast can the train go??
forget the speed liao,but heard from taipei to tainan only 30min....
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.