HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-12-2006, 07:00 PM   #6406

jus back from taipei... sticked to at 90% of my planning.. n extended 1 day to watch guess*3.. really a gd experience!!! the whole show is great n entertaining!!! wu zhong xian is gd!! no NG at all.. best part... able to took pics with makiyo, evonne hsu and 2moro... heheheheheh
weather there was very cold esp whn it rains n wind blows...
how you get to go and see the show?can advice? where is it?
Old 24-12-2006, 08:19 PM   #6407

i just completed my taiwan blog, hope to share wif the bro & sis here
how to book city inn?can advice?
Old 24-12-2006, 11:23 PM   #6408
Arch-Supremacy Member

yes,it is in service....Taiwan high speed train will be in service from 1st Jan 07...

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url...24/8/8dx7.html
Old 25-12-2006, 12:33 AM   #6409
Supremacy Member

Can email them directly with your passport details and duration of stay.
They wil confirm with you on email. No deposit required.
Old 25-12-2006, 01:55 AM   #6410
Master Member

Woo, Just came back frm taipei~ Love the efficiency there, will miss the place~. U guys wanna see pic? Will upload if u guys wanna. Went to the normal places

jiufen
tianmu
hot spring
yeliou
Shilin
xmd
LongShan Temple
Mirama ferris
Xindian(Wanted to go Wulai..but the weather was a little disappointing, ended up at the bi tan, which is a nice place too! Think xiao gui lin, but maybe 100 times better?)
Their universities( Shi da and Tai Da). Dont ask me why i visit their universities but i like visiting universities. Lol, Anyway Tai Da is a good place.
Memorial hall
and of coz a few other night markets.

shopping wise, not much. All female stuff and winter stuff. Bought alot of goodies and bought bf2142(ard 8 dollars cheaper) for myself though. hehe. Lastly, got to thank all the pple here for the kind input through out the whole thread, especially nutty.

Last edited by angdao83; 25-12-2006 at 02:17 AM..
Old 25-12-2006, 11:18 AM   #6411
Master Member

you can either call or email them, no deposit require
Old 25-12-2006, 11:59 AM   #6412
Supremacy Member

okie... need a little help here on the itenary of my trip to taipei it will be a 7 day FnE trip.. we are traveling in a grp of 4 from 26th dec to 1st jan

here goes,

Day 1 Tuesday 26th Dec
Morning Flight, reaching about 1pm
Late afternoon, after checking in, walk around XMD
Night, Shilin NM

Day 2 Wednesday 27th Dec
Morning, buy tickets to Hualian for Day 3... Then proceed to Yeliu
Noon, Move to RuiFang for JuiFen.. here comes a small problem... i still can really figure out which place to visit first shld i go to shifen?? as i read thur here, i notice ppl mention that trains going in and out of shifen is infrequent... therefore is it better to do without shifen??

With Shifen i am hopping to be something like this, RuiFang --> Shifen --> RuiFang --> JianGuaShi --> JiuFen --> RuiFang
Without Shifen i am hopping to be something like this, RuiFang --> JinGuaShi --> JiuFen --> RuiFang

Then Night time, KeeLong, MiaoKou Seafood Stalls....

Day 3, Thursday 28th Dec
Hua Lian, am thinking of contacting Ms Vivian Zheng that lots of forumers recommanded here, do you all think it is abit later to contact her now? As i will be going there for only 1 day, what are some places to recommand? i am looking at the taroko george and Qi Xin Tan...
Do you all think we can fit in any NM here???

Day 4, Friday 29th Dec
Morning, YMS
Early Noon, Beitou Hot spring
Late Noon, DanShui, Lovers Bridge,
Night, Mirama Ferris Wheel ShiLin NM

Day 5, Saturday 30th Dec
Morning, about 9am like this DingTaiFung, most prob skipping lunch..
Noon, Guang Hua (computer stuff and comics) followed by TianMu and WuFenPu (is it possible to cover this 2 places b4 going to the NM??? can i reconfirm that TianMu sells warehouse rejects of branded stuffs and sort.. and what will be the recommanded time to visit WuFenPu on a sat? i see most ppl here visit them on weekdays as opps to wkends..)
Night, Raohe NM

Day 6, Sunday 31st Dec (NY Eve)
Morning, slack around i guess, any other place to fit in here?
Late Morning ~ Early Noon, Shoe Street (my understanding is that it is at YuanLing Rd which i believe is near TMS, anyway are they similar to that of hongkong's show street??)
Noon, Zhong Xiao Area i will suppose this will be where all the shopping centers comes in... like NYNY, Warner, SOGO and sort i guess) but slightly b4 reaching zhong xiao area, i rmb reading somewhere that there is an undergrd shopping center @ TMS, is it better to go there b4 heading to ZhongXiao Area??
Maybe will head up into taipei 101 (if it is not too croweded noting that there will be a event going on there for the countdown) mingle ard that area for the countdown to NY.... which i guess will take us thur the night...
ok i am grping TMS and the 3 ZhongXiao MRT together here, are they all within walking distance say from 1 shopping center to other... and are there any recommanded shopping centers that we should take note and will they be open???

Day 7, Monday 1st Jan
The flight back is at 1800, therefore what will be a good time to leave for the airport??
anyway i dunno what to plan for this day, as my concern will be are the shops open? it is new year day... and most prob by the time we wake up shld be ard noon or checkout time whichever is eariler...
any place did i miss out??

anyway thanks in advance for anyone that is going to help me vet thur my itenary first... and help will be greatly appreciated many thanks again
Cool, I'm going during the exact same period.
Plans almost 80% similar too, but Hualian is not included. Will be going to either Pinglin or Yingge instead.
No confirmation of hotels for the last couple of days... haha will figure that out when we are there.
Old 25-12-2006, 01:08 PM   #6413
Supremacy Member

Cool, I'm going during the exact same period.
Plans almost 80% similar too, but Hualian is not included. Will be going to either Pinglin or Yingge instead.
No confirmation of hotels for the last couple of days... haha will figure that out when we are there.
i went to the pinglin tea museum...
Old 25-12-2006, 01:54 PM   #6414
Arch-Supremacy Member

Need help here. Will be going taipei tmr and I need something to do for at least 1 day from 730 to 1pm b4 i go electronics shopping. Preferably something out of town but can get back by 1pm to Guang hua area type (Im going Guang hua at least 2x)
Old 25-12-2006, 04:51 PM   #6415

Is IT better to travel in jetstar or sq?sq fare is 1024$ while jetstar is 816$...the taxes both charge differently. So jetstar need to top up taxes when departing taiwan airport?
Old 25-12-2006, 05:21 PM   #6416

hi ...

i would like find out wats the best way to travel from taipei to taichung ? and the mode of travel ? help is appreciated

Regards
Old 25-12-2006, 06:46 PM   #6417
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is IT better to travel in jetstar or sq?sq fare is 1024$ while jetstar is 816$...the taxes both charge differently. So jetstar need to top up taxes when departing taiwan airport?
nope..the diff is their service..the prices is includsive of the taxes
Old 25-12-2006, 06:48 PM   #6418
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi ...

i would like find out wats the best way to travel from taipei to taichung ? and the mode of travel ? help is appreciated

Regards
u can choose by train or by bus
train is faster but more expensive
all depend on how much time u 1 2 spend on the transportation..
Old 25-12-2006, 09:29 PM   #6419

nope..the diff is their service..the prices is includsive of the taxes
okok thanks...any 1 know the vivian contact?thinking of asking her to tour guide us a day
Old 26-12-2006, 01:07 AM   #6420

u can choose by train or by bus
train is faster but more expensive
all depend on how much time u 1 2 spend on the transportation..
we would prefer to spend lesser time on transport .. as we hope to go early in the morning and come back at nite .. anywhere to find information on the train services ? thanks ^^
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.