HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2005, 10:22 AM   #631
Great Supremacy Member

go summer can buy those clothing suitable for our local wear. u go winter good luck
Old 06-03-2005, 07:19 PM   #632
Great Supremacy Member

I have cancel going to kuoshiung for my taiwan trip as the time taken to go there is too long. Thinking of going to hualien (Taroko Gorge) and SUn moon lake. Thinking of booking all the 7 days at the same hotel in taipei then maybe taking a bus down or joinging a one day tour to this 2 place to see see look look. Whats all yr suggestion? And where can i book this one day tour there? What is the price? Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:36 PM   #633
Supremacy Member

go summer can buy those clothing suitable for our local wear. u go winter good luck
this time the winter is much more colder
Old 06-03-2005, 08:53 PM   #634
Great Supremacy Member

u just back? where u go?
Old 06-03-2005, 09:14 PM   #635
pop
Master Member

yea, this year is really exceptional. It is already march, but still snowing in a lot of asian countries. This is normally already spring. Taiwan just had rare snow falls over the weekend.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:49 PM   #636
Supremacy Member

the weather is going to clear up within the next 2 weeks, spring is coming late but better than never...

the 1-day tour u can ask from ur tour agency
Old 08-03-2005, 10:01 PM   #637
Master Member

anyone gg next week? i am gg at 24/03 after tokyo...any super nice place to go nt listed here? thanks!
Old 09-03-2005, 04:03 PM   #638

Read bout this hotel.. king regency hotel. at NT880 per nite. how do i noe whether is it a love hotel? Any1 heard of it?
this site>>

http://www.eztravel.com.tw/eztravel/...ry.jsp?ITEM_NO =HTL0000000778

its in XMD.. so maybe gd to stay there cos accessible for easy travel.
Old 13-03-2005, 07:17 PM   #639

juz a few questions... how long does it take to go from hualien to taichung ah? and is it possible for me to use 1 day to visit hualien.. then to alishan.. then back to taipei??
thanks
Old 13-03-2005, 08:23 PM   #640

juz a few questions... how long does it take to go from hualien to taichung ah? and is it possible for me to use 1 day to visit hualien.. then to alishan.. then back to taipei??
thanks
thatz impossible...

i spent 3 days in hualian leh... actually the best is 2D1N in Hualian n also 2D1N at alishan
Old 13-03-2005, 11:32 PM   #641

Question

[QUOTE=joanlee]Yup! Taroko Gorge is really pretty!! There's a half day tour which is 500NT which you can take. It starts at 10.30, end at 4.30. Brings you to the various sites in Taroko Gorge.

HIhi,
first use this forum and am planning a F&E trip to taiwan. hope joalee will rpely fast wor. the 500NT refers per son, or per couch?
Old 14-03-2005, 01:07 AM   #642
Master Member

[QUOTE=Byleek]
Yup! Taroko Gorge is really pretty!! There's a half day tour which is 500NT which you can take. It starts at 10.30, end at 4.30. Brings you to the various sites in Taroko Gorge.

HIhi,
first use this forum and am planning a F&E trip to taiwan. hope joalee will rpely fast wor. the 500NT refers per son, or per couch?
hi, where to get tickets for tt?
Old 14-03-2005, 08:46 AM   #643
Great Supremacy Member

If i not wrong she went to hualien to book for the tour.. but i need to ask her how the luggauge izzt she carrys along?? If book one night hotel at hualien can early check in the morning then buy ticket for the one day tour or what?? because i afriad some hotel check in noon only then lugauge very mafan
Old 14-03-2005, 09:04 AM   #644
pop
Master Member

If you're travelling from taipei to hualian just for a day trip, you have to set off early. I took the 7am train and arrive at about 10am just in time to start the Taroko trip. You can buy the day trip from the travel agents in tapei, usaully hotels also have brochures, this will include train and coach, but more ex. I booked my own train tix and since I was staying at a minsu in hualian, i asked the minsu owner to book the taroko trip for me.

If I recalled correctly, just outside the hualian station, there are travel agents. So, I suppose, if you are gungho type, take the train there, and then try look for a travel agent there to book the taroko trip. But a bit risky.

I'm not sure if you can just check into hotel first, leave your luggage there and join the tour. In my case, the minsu owner met me at the train station, and offered to take my luggage for me, while I went to Taroko. But since I only have a small haversack, I told her no need. I carried it with me to Taroko.
Old 14-03-2005, 09:28 AM   #645
Great Supremacy Member

If you're travelling from taipei to hualian just for a day trip, you have to set off early. I took the 7am train and arrive at about 10am just in time to start the Taroko trip. You can buy the day trip from the travel agents in tapei, usaully hotels also have brochures, this will include train and coach, but more ex. I booked my own train tix and since I was staying at a minsu in hualian, i asked the minsu owner to book the taroko trip for me.

If I recalled correctly, just outside the hualian station, there are travel agents. So, I suppose, if you are gungho type, take the train there, and then try look for a travel agent there to book the taroko trip. But a bit risky.

I'm not sure if you can just check into hotel first, leave your luggage there and join the tour. In my case, the minsu owner met me at the train station, and offered to take my luggage for me, while I went to Taroko. But since I only have a small haversack, I told her no need. I carried it with me to Taroko.

Yeah lor thats the problem.. if not i stay all the 7 night at taipei then come down hualien for 1 whole day go back then next day go SUn MOON lake... anyone know how to go SUn moon lake from taipei i still do not know how to go
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.