HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #6481

I was there between 21-27th dec.. the weather was good... between 15 at night and maximum 22 in the morning (for a day), usually it was 19... I missed the weather!!! It was so cool~~~

Btw, stayed in Wonstar. It was great!

Initially stayed in Ming Ri Da Fan Dian... Future Star Hotel. It was a 'hei dian'! Overbooked and tried to shift us to the smaller rooms, which we did not barged. Immediately went around to look for other hotel, and found Wonstar.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:16 PM   #6482

For those interested: CC Posted:

Next recording of Guessx3: Jan. 8 & 22, Feb. 5 & 12, 2007
what's the best plan for that day if i want to watch guess x3 on Jan 8? I will be touch down in Taipei on 7 Jan. thanks in advance.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:06 PM   #6483
High Supremacy Member

what's the best plan for that day if i want to watch guess x3 on Jan 8? I will be touch down in Taipei on 7 Jan. thanks in advance.
what's this about?

5 secs of fame?

pardon me as I just joined in this thread... so quite unsure

Old 03-01-2007, 11:44 PM   #6484

help!! wats the best plan for this?

hi pple. im going to taiwan for the 1st time in 2 wks time and nid some help on my itenrary..going for 10 days..wanna go the following places in order:

1) taipei (staying for the 1st nite)
2) hualian
3) taizhong (feng jia nite mkt)
4) gaoxiong
5) back to taipei

wanna go to these places oso:

jiufeng
keelung
xi men ding
zhong xiao dong lu
taipei 101
beitou
tamshui
shilin
wu feng pu

So kinda confused. Can ne one help me? how do i travel to these places? recommended no. of days or hours of stay? did i left out any must-go place? my main objective is to shop and scenary (more of shopping and eating). stayin at wan tai hotel.

realli appreciate it...thks
Old 04-01-2007, 12:27 AM   #6485
Master Member

i would suggest u drop Gaoxiong unless there's specific reason for u to go there. Instead, go Alishan. i think i may hv posted my itenary (also about 10days) somewhere in this thread. I see if i can dig it up.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:13 AM   #6486
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi pple. im going to taiwan for the 1st time in 2 wks time and nid some help on my itenrary..going for 10 days..wanna go the following places in order:

1) taipei (staying for the 1st nite)
2) hualian
3) taizhong (feng jia nite mkt)
4) gaoxiong
5) back to taipei

wanna go to these places oso:

jiufeng
keelung
xi men ding
zhong xiao dong lu
taipei 101
beitou
tamshui
shilin
wu feng pu

So kinda confused. Can ne one help me? how do i travel to these places? recommended no. of days or hours of stay? did i left out any must-go place? my main objective is to shop and scenary (more of shopping and eating). stayin at wan tai hotel.

realli appreciate it...thks
group by proximity

These 2 are quite close (north) so u can do 1/2 day each via MRT
beitou
tamshui

U will have to take train or bus out to this. There is a Jiufen-Keelung bus u can take if u train out to Rui Fang
jiufeng
keelung

Quite close. U can go Rao He night market after that if u want
taipei 101 (taipei city hall)
wu feng pu (housanpi)

both are central locations. U can make it part of other excursion.
xi men ding
zhong xiao dong lu

Found it overrated. Drop at Jian Tang MRT. Can go any of ur nights in town.
shilin

Try going to the Taipei MRT site and download their MRT map. There is one with nearby attractions for each station......
Old 04-01-2007, 03:00 PM   #6487
Master Member

New Jetstar offer.

Old 04-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #6488
Supremacy Member

New Jetstar offer.

wah..so cheapo... is jetstar the cheapest among all buget airlines here??
Old 04-01-2007, 04:57 PM   #6489

i would suggest u drop Gaoxiong unless there's specific reason for u to go there. Instead, go Alishan. i think i may hv posted my itenary (also about 10days) somewhere in this thread. I see if i can dig it up.
i think the high speed rail is openning this week. Heard tat from Taipei to Kao xiong is 2.5hr... 1/2 price for the 1st mth... single trip is around NTD700+ (before discount)... however heard tat the rail was delay becaz it cannot pass the transportation authority test and 22 deflects are found... dunno if all deflects are rectify...

anyway it will definately save u alot of time... remember to take cover if there is any earthquake...
Old 04-01-2007, 06:32 PM   #6490
Supremacy Member

For those who like to have a stay out of town. Its pretty nice staying overnight at Jiufen, wonderful view right from your room. The accomodation was around NTD1400 for 2, I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives there too. We prefer to spread the programs out over 2 days rather then rushing back to Taipei.

Maybe can do something like:
1) Shifen Old Street. Take train from Ruifang. Can take a package w/ unlimited stops along the old railway line, interesting town with the railway running right through it, can find your way from there to Shiifen waterfall, nice scenery along the way.
2) Jiufen before evening. Can chillout at one of the many teahouse in the evening and stay overnight.
3) Next day, Jinguashi (interesting museum and some trails). Can also find your way to huang jing waterfall. I believe the entry ticket to the museums, included limited bus rides to certain locations, we used it for our ride to the Huang Jing waterfall.
4) End off with a trip to Miakou night market for dinner and make your way back to Taipei.

As for travelling, bus are pretty convenient. In fact cabs will be pretty cheap too, if you are travelling in group. From Jiufen to Keelung should be within NT300.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:40 PM   #6491
Supremacy Member

Link to the pics for my trip to taiwan.
http://venturis.multiply.com/photos/album/2
Old 04-01-2007, 06:51 PM   #6492

For those who like to have a stay out of town. Its pretty nice staying overnight at Jiufen, wonderful view right from your room. The accomodation was around NTD1400 for 2, I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives there too. We prefer to spread the programs out over 2 days rather then rushing back to Taipei.

Maybe can do something like:
1) Shifen Old Street. Take train from Ruifang. Can take a package w/ unlimited stops along the old railway line, interesting town with the railway running right through it, can find your way from there to Shiifen waterfall, nice scenery along the way.
2) Jiufen before evening. Can chillout at one of the many teahouse in the evening and stay overnight.
3) Next day, Jinguashi (interesting museum and some trails). Can also find your way to huang jing waterfall. I believe the entry ticket to the museums, included limited bus rides to certain locations, we used it for our ride to the Huang Jing waterfall.
4) End off with a trip to Miakou night market for dinner and make your way back to Taipei.

As for travelling, bus are pretty convenient. In fact cabs will be pretty cheap too, if you are travelling in group. From Jiufen to Keelung should be within NT300.
BTW Taipei to Jiufen Bus fare is NTD95/pax... I took it outside the bus stop at Onestar hotel..
Old 05-01-2007, 01:42 AM   #6493
Master Member

Link to the pics for my trip to taiwan.
http://venturis.multiply.com/photos/album/2
Thanks for sharing.

May I know where are this 2 places?

http://venturis.multiply.com/photos/...photo%2F2%2F75

http://venturis.multiply.com/photos/...hoto%2F2%2F338
Old 05-01-2007, 09:25 AM   #6494

where would you suggest i go putside Taipei city on a weekend day without having to stay overnight outside Taipei city?

thanks
Old 05-01-2007, 09:26 AM   #6495
Master Member

i think the high speed rail is openning this week. Heard tat from Taipei to Kao xiong is 2.5hr... 1/2 price for the 1st mth... single trip is around NTD700+ (before discount)... however heard tat the rail was delay becaz it cannot pass the transportation authority test and 22 deflects are found... dunno if all deflects are rectify...

anyway it will definately save u alot of time... remember to take cover if there is any earthquake...
well, i can go flip my guide books from taiwan to see wht's in GaoXiong. there's a nice garden, nice night mkt (more food than shopping type) and a cleaned-up "Love River". Or maybe nuttyzan can advise. But i really cant think of anything interesting in gaoxiong. The only reason (for me) to go there is as a passing stop on the way to Kenting.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.