Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2007, 10:59 PM   #6526
High Supremacy Member

how much is the food in Taipei?
slightly abit ex then spore.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:21 PM   #6527
Arch-Supremacy Member

wondering taiwan car is left hand or right hand drive? singapore class 3 license go there can rent car and drive ?
taiwan is left side drive....sg licence can rent car in taiwan
Old 08-01-2007, 01:08 PM   #6528

is left side drive a world of difference from right hand drive? whats the rate of rental like?

taiwan is left side drive....sg licence can rent car in taiwan
Old 08-01-2007, 01:10 PM   #6529

Lightbulb

wondering taiwan car is left hand or right hand drive? singapore class 3 license go there can rent car and drive ?
better to take the public tpt..so dangerous to drive there & we don not know the way well. even crossing the road also danger. make sute u look left & right before u cross the road. Motorists dun give way to you even is Green Man.

btw i like the "green man" traffic light so cute..
Old 08-01-2007, 01:11 PM   #6530
High Supremacy Member

better to take the public tpt..so dangerous to drive there & we don not know the way well. even crossing the road also danger. make sute u look left & right before u cross the road. Motorists dun give way to you even is Green Man.

some of their green man blinks for damn longgg lol.

short distance traffic lights some blink for 100 over seconds.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:15 PM   #6531

slightly abit ex then spore.
depends where u intend to go..
Night mkt rate abt S$1.50 - $2.50
Restaurant rate abt S$12 & above (western cuisine)

things in taipei are expensive... but some cds are cheap, cheaper abt S$4-5, original ones, u can find one CD shop @ XMD (beside california fitness)
Old 08-01-2007, 02:36 PM   #6532
Master Member

well, the biggest mistake i notice SGians tend to make wif TW traffic is assumption that one-way road is one-way. make sure u look both ways for 1-way too.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:37 PM   #6533
Master Member

is left side drive a world of difference from right hand drive? whats the rate of rental like?
similar to SG car rental
Old 08-01-2007, 06:25 PM   #6534
High Supremacy Member

depends where u intend to go..
Night mkt rate abt S$1.50 - $2.50
Restaurant rate abt S$12 & above (western cuisine)

things in taipei are expensive... but some cds are cheap, cheaper abt S$4-5, original ones, u can find one CD shop @ XMD (beside california fitness)
yeap went there during my trip .. the cd's packaging there some are so much better ... heh and yah their movie tixs also slightly ex than spore's one..

i mean like go their shopping ctr's the food court .. the food is slightly ex, but their servings is bigger!

normal those chicken chop rice cost ard 150 Taiwan dollars.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:35 PM   #6535

i think tw must go try all the lu bian tan, ye shi (nite market) and xiao chi.. the foodcourt imho is not as appealing... otherwise steamboat is good during this period (they have way better steamboat than us)...
Old 08-01-2007, 10:33 PM   #6536
Master Member

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/por...00430a0a0aRCRD

Bowled over by excellent service in Taiwan

THERE has been a lot of talk on service quality in Singapore of late. I think substandard service can generally be attributed to lack of empathy, lack of pride and professionalism in one's work, improper training and insufficient top management commitment.

I am bowled over by the excellent service in Taiwan rendered by staff in such wide-ranging industries as health care, food and beverage, retail, travel and environment.

Medical staff, in particular, have so much patience and empathy. They try their best to minimise pain and anxiety, and even cheer the patient on during uncomfortable procedures.

More than once, eatery owners were concerned when we could not finish the food we ordered. They asked if it was because the food wasn't to our liking. There is no doubt that quality and customer satisfaction rank as their top priority.

When we paid for a tour package at an airline office recently, the officer felt bad having to levy a hefty surcharge on us during the peak Chinese New Year period. She kept verifying the amount with her colleague to ensure she did not overcharge us, and actually expressed regret for having to do so.

Even people in unglamorous jobs, like the garbage collector in our estate, are utmost professionals. He greets and thanks the residents everyday, and always seems so cheerful.

The contrast in service standards between Singapore and Taiwan is quite stark. It mainly boils down to treating customers as human beings who have needs not unlike one's own, rather than faceless digits. Taking pride in one's work is also important, as is training that emphasises problem solving, flexibility and enhancing customer satisfaction.

It goes without saying that great service is what sets one business apart from the rest of the competition. The value of a satisfied customer and the importance of word-of-mouth advertising are often not given due attention in Singapore. I believe our service providers can learn much from the Taiwanese in this respect.

Liu I-Chun (Ms)

Taipei, Taiwan
Old 08-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #6537
Supremacy Member

Thumbs up

ya...agree their service and attiude are very good.....

I like their green man too...cute sia....
Old 09-01-2007, 12:34 AM   #6538

thanks so much for the info.

Since the to and fro trip will take abt an entire 8 hours, as such, would it stilll be possible to do SML in one day from Taipei?

As in, take the earliest Green Transit bus from Taipei Zhongxiao Fuxing to SML, and then latest bus from SML to Taipei?

If it is possible, what time is the earliest and latest bus?
Does the bus bring you straight to SML or do i need to transfer to another bus?

Also the fare NT830 return trip...does it mean to and fro ticket costs NT830 altogehter?

thanks in advance for the reply...

Anyone to advise on my query?

thanks
Old 09-01-2007, 06:49 AM   #6539
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone to advise on my query?

thanks
can b done but will b quite rush...
suggest u take a bus from taichung to SML better
Old 09-01-2007, 09:30 AM   #6540
Master Member

Guys, 楊丞琳 left GuessX3.

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url...08/2/94dy.html
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.