HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2005, 07:32 PM   #646

hi, where to get tickets for tt?
The boarding point is outside the Train Station near Tourist Visitor Center. Look out for the colorful bus. you can sign up n pay on the spot. 500NT pax includes only tour and no meals. Would suggest you bring your own sandwiches or bread rather than taking their meals. Quite ex, imo.
Old 14-03-2005, 08:25 PM   #647

hmm.. is anyone familiar with hualien? any nice places we can go to in hualien?
i was also thinking of goin to alishan from hualien then back to hualien to spend the nite.... how long willl the journey take ah? or can i go back to taipei directly from alishan??
Old 14-03-2005, 08:32 PM   #648

besides Taroko gorge, can go rafting in hualian (if u adventurous enuf...). basically u need a car to explore hualian.. can forget abt the Ocean Park there cos nutting much.

Going to alishan from hualian is troublesome cos not along the way... n think u haf to travel quite a distance - if u r driving (If u not driving, worse, haf to transfer a couple of times)

its better to go alishan from taipei. take bus from taipei to jiayi, then from there, take train up to alishan
Old 14-03-2005, 09:02 PM   #649
Great Supremacy Member

I am thinking of going to the sun moon lake and hualien.. can anyone advice how to go to sun moon lake from hualien or from taipei thx
Old 14-03-2005, 09:49 PM   #650

I am thinking of going to the sun moon lake and hualien.. can anyone advice how to go to sun moon lake from hualien or from taipei thx
hopefully this can help u guys

http://travel.nantou.com.tw/
Old 14-03-2005, 11:06 PM   #651

besides Taroko gorge, can go rafting in hualian (if u adventurous enuf...). basically u need a car to explore hualian.. can forget abt the Ocean Park there cos nutting much.

Going to alishan from hualian is troublesome cos not along the way... n think u haf to travel quite a distance - if u r driving (If u not driving, worse, haf to transfer a couple of times)

its better to go alishan from taipei. take bus from taipei to jiayi, then from there, take train up to alishan
Thanks
but do u noe how long it will take to go to alishan from taipei and back?
coz i think will be staying in taipei all the while.... but i wanna visit both hualien and alishan..
Old 14-03-2005, 11:11 PM   #652

whoa, i really love and hate dis website. love: the spontaneous responses from all ppl. Hate: server always bz at nite.
aniwai, thanks joanlee!

well, i'm gg to taipei -staying in rainbow hotel for 3 nites, marshal hotel in hualian for a nite. ( cost $543 incl jetstar airport tax, all booked by travel agent) All free n ez so abit scared leh, dunno how to travel around. so I will ask mani questions. thanx again for the reply. aniwia, i'm gg in May b4 the sch hols.

1) any recommended nice/cheap hotsprings in taipei/hualian?
2) can i buy a round trip tix from taipei to hualian? i went to the webiste, said wad 300km-600km e round trip can then be applicable for 1 day. and after is 3 days. so from taipei to hualian is how long the distance? how much is a roudn trip ticket? anyone tried buying from the internet?
3) normally for a ger, how much will u all spend ?

hehe, okie, so far only these 2 questions.
Old 14-03-2005, 11:16 PM   #653
Great Supremacy Member

whoa, i really love and hate dis website. love: the spontaneous responses from all ppl. Hate: server always bz at nite.
aniwai, thanks joanlee!

well, i'm gg to taipei -staying in rainbow hotel for 3 nites, marshal hotel in hualian for a nite. ( cost $543 incl jetstar airport tax, all booked by travel agent) All free n ez so abit scared leh, dunno how to travel around. so I will ask mani questions. thanx again for the reply. aniwia, i'm gg in May b4 the sch hols.

2) can i buy a round trip tix from taipei to hualian? i went to the webiste, said wad 300km-600km e round trip can then be applicable for 1 day. and after is 3 days. so from taipei to hualian is how long the distance? how much is a roudn trip ticket? anyone tried buying from the internet?

u go for how many days?? i go from 22 may to 29 u?
Old 15-03-2005, 05:48 PM   #654
High Supremacy Member

my taiwan trip photos migrated to http://weeonmsi.homedns.org:2615/cop...ndex.php?cat=4
Old 15-03-2005, 07:39 PM   #655
Great Supremacy Member

my taiwan trip photos migrated to http://weeonmsi.homedns.org:2615/cop...ndex.php?cat=4

u go there FnE?? only taipei?
Old 15-03-2005, 08:31 PM   #656

u go for how many days?? i go from 22 may to 29 u?
oh veri close to urs, mi fr 23rd to 28th. whoa, u go for a week arh, so good.can eat till u fat ( hk theme line is shop till u drop though) which hotel will u be staying ?
Old 15-03-2005, 08:50 PM   #657

aniwai, thanks joanlee!

hello byleek, so u only staying in hualien for a nite? any plans on wat to do in hualien? heh... coz i dunno whether to spend 1 nite or 2 nites there
Old 15-03-2005, 09:06 PM   #658

Hello.... saw ur photos..... is taiwan a ghost town???
Y all ur photos, including all the streets are empty one???
Old 16-03-2005, 12:11 AM   #659

Thanks
but do u noe how long it will take to go to alishan from taipei and back?
coz i think will be staying in taipei all the while.... but i wanna visit both hualien and alishan..
it takes abt half a day from taipei to alishan cos coach ride from taipei to jiayi takes abt 3.5hrs... then from jiayi to alishan abt 1hr?
Old 16-03-2005, 01:47 AM   #660
Supremacy Member

Hello.... saw ur photos..... is taiwan a ghost town???
Y all ur photos, including all the streets are empty one???
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.