HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2007, 08:10 PM   #6601
Supremacy Member

I confirmed my room with cityinn through email, no issue.
Old 18-01-2007, 10:58 PM   #6602

For Kaohsiung you should visit this site for Info on Shopping:
http://invest.kcg.gov.tw/specstreet/homepage_e.htm

Tourist sites:
http://www.kcg.gov.tw/english/touris...de_Tourism.php

Taichung:
http://english.tccg.gov.tw/leisure.php

Once you have an idea on what you want to do, then you can prepare your Itinerary. Nice to see you are planning a reasonable long trip.
thks...den is there any interesting place to shop or see along zhongxiao Dong Lu? Or Zhong xiao Fuxing is better?
Old 19-01-2007, 10:34 AM   #6603

thks...den is there any interesting place to shop or see along zhongxiao Dong Lu? Or Zhong xiao Fuxing is better?
Zhongxiao Fuxing~Zhongxiao Dunhua is connected to each other by the Underground Shopping area - East Metro Mall, Some nice stuff there, also places to eat.
That same stretch Above Ground (Zhongxiao Dong Lu Sec 3) has food, Shops for clothes, cosmetics(Just after SOGO) and Dept Stores.

For Shopping Areas in Taipei:

http://crazy_azn1.tripod.com/taiwan/id2.html
Old 19-01-2007, 11:24 AM   #6604

just came back from tp. Brought a 500NTD SIM card with 400NTD value. Still got 200++ remaining. cannot finish the card sia. value is expiring in 5mths ++ time. Letting it go for 10SGD if anyone is interested. msg me at slikpizz2@gmail.com
Old 19-01-2007, 12:41 PM   #6605
Banned

the changing parade is at CKS memorial hall station right? Does it take palce every hour???
at taipei 101, are there specified opening n closing times 4 u to go up to the top of the building?planning to go there in the evening
and any1 stay in those 民宿 b4 in hualian? can intro any gd ones??? will they guide u around? or u muz pay extra for tour?

Last edited by woaddme; 19-01-2007 at 02:59 PM..
Old 19-01-2007, 05:53 PM   #6606
Supremacy Member

Hi guys,

First time planning a trip overseas. Hope you guys can help me out. Location is 4D3N @ Taipei.

1) I am working on a budget of around $800 - $1000 per pax, tight budget. It should be ALL inclusive, flight + accomodation + others. Currently the jetstar offer is for $310 per pax return tix. Can you guys recommend me accomodation for the 3 nights?

2) How do I go about booking the accomodation? Online?

Very sorry for noobish question. but really this is my first time planning. Hope you guys can help me out with some short answers to search upon.

Thanks!
Old 19-01-2007, 07:41 PM   #6607

Hi guys,

First time planning a trip overseas. Hope you guys can help me out. Location is 4D3N @ Taipei.

1) I am working on a budget of around $800 - $1000 per pax, tight budget. It should be ALL inclusive, flight + accomodation + others. Currently the jetstar offer is for $310 per pax return tix. Can you guys recommend me accomodation for the 3 nights?

Very sorry for noobish question. but really this is my first time planning. Hope you guys can help me out with some short answers to search upon.

Thanks!
For me quite a tight budget..
when u intend to fly?
for summer... u would probably spend more
too much food and shopping to do ...

some common hotels here for forumers..
http://crazy_azn1.tripod.com/taiwan/id3.html
http://www.tshotel.com.tw/
Old 19-01-2007, 08:54 PM   #6608
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys,

Thanks!
1) 310 per pax is cheap. I paid 400+ for EVA during Dec 06. For shelter, go TS Hotel. I dunno if the 1/2 price promo is still on, but the room and service is good enough.

2) Online is one way. Pls do call if u never get any comfirmation emails back. Call 1 week b4 ur departure to confirm. And pls check the names and such. TS hotel made some mistakes in my gf's name and i scared it might implicate the credit card payment. But I dont really think its that serious....BUT still, correct spelling is impt to avoid confusion.

I spent around SGD350 on food/some small items/pass to 101, Miramar/buy Sun cakes and Pineapple tart (NICE MAN!!!).

400SGD is enough if u dun really buy clothes and luxury items.

Hope it helps
Old 19-01-2007, 09:53 PM   #6609
Supremacy Member

Hey guys! Thanks alot. Most prob flying Jetstar to tap the ongoing promo. But the time period is so short for me to get confirmation from friends.

Yup, i'm not going luxury. Most prob eating from street stalls and simple fare, probably except the meal before departure where i most prob will splash all my remaining cash.

Shopping is pretty minimal. Bulk will be spent on night market. Most prob buying those shirts from XMD and SL, no boutiques.

Is asiarooms.com reliable? I'm thinking of Rainbow, no good?

Thanks!

I've been to Taipei twice, and absolutely love the food and culture. I'm more concerned abt the booking of flights and accomodation. The last 2 was with SAF.
Old 19-01-2007, 10:20 PM   #6610
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey guys! Thanks alot. Most prob flying Jetstar to tap the ongoing promo. But the time period is so short for me to get confirmation from friends.

Yup, i'm not going luxury. Most prob eating from street stalls and simple fare, probably except the meal before departure where i most prob will splash all my remaining cash.

Shopping is pretty minimal. Bulk will be spent on night market. Most prob buying those shirts from XMD and SL, no boutiques.

Is asiarooms.com reliable? I'm thinking of Rainbow, no good?

Thanks!

I've been to Taipei twice, and absolutely love the food and culture. I'm more concerned abt the booking of flights and accomodation. The last 2 was with SAF.

I almost forgot to add this : I also dine @ DTF. I know Spore do have DTF, but Taipei's branches are better in quality and service...

Rainbow is recommanded by quite a no of pple due to its great location @ XMD. However, U might need to bear with the noise and crowd during late weekends...
Old 19-01-2007, 10:58 PM   #6611

hey ppl..

新竹新光三越
中壢SOGO中央新館
台中廣三SOGO
豐原太平洋SOGO

how do i go to these place from xmd/taipei?

thanks
Old 19-01-2007, 11:01 PM   #6612
Supremacy Member

I almost forgot to add this : I also dine @ DTF. I know Spore do have DTF, but Taipei's branches are better in quality and service...

Rainbow is recommanded by quite a no of pple due to its great location @ XMD. However, U might need to bear with the noise and crowd during late weekends...
I see. Will try the DTF.

I'm okay with the crowd and noise.

I'm more concerned about the check in procedure for JetstarAsia or any budget airline for that matter. Anywhere i can read up on the procedure?

Back to last question, is asiarooms.com reliable?
Old 20-01-2007, 02:08 AM   #6613
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just tried DTF in Taipei this afternoon. Dun think much of it. Skip the buns section. The xiaolongbaos are still ok, but a little tough on the skin.
Maybe it's just bad luck on my part.
Redemption point: Tried the pork fillet fried rice. Better than SG for this item, as the meat is thicker and juicier.
Old 20-01-2007, 10:00 AM   #6614
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just tried DTF in Taipei this afternoon. Dun think much of it. Skip the buns section. The xiaolongbaos are still ok, but a little tough on the skin.
Maybe it's just bad luck on my part.
Redemption point: Tried the pork fillet fried rice. Better than SG for this item, as the meat is thicker and juicier.

Ah yes..the rice. I wonder why they are much better than Spore's. Maybe they use Japan rice?

Small serving, but good enough to be satisfied...
Old 20-01-2007, 10:03 AM   #6615
Supremacy Member

Hi guys,

1) Hows the weather like in the early May? Is it a typhoon, earthquake prone period?
2) asiaroom.com, reliable?
3) Any major political event in Taipei in early May?

Thanks!!!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.