HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2007, 12:36 AM   #6631

since mar is end of winter,a jacket will b good enough uinless u kena a cold front..
in march, the temp is usually ard 15 to 20deg....
what about beginning of April?
Old 22-01-2007, 06:53 AM   #6632
Arch-Supremacy Member

starting of summer,like sg temp
Old 22-01-2007, 12:55 PM   #6633

starting of summer,like sg temp
still spring (mar to June) ard 19-28 degree, cooler in the early morning & night,

summer is June onwards till Sep.
Old 22-01-2007, 01:05 PM   #6634

wat is the email address of rainbow hotel?

Starhotel is the new one with the LCD TV and location at XMD, right? Can have contact number or email address so can book directly from them...

thanks.
http://www.wonstar.com.tw/
Old 22-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #6635
Master Member

1st week of April can be quite cooling. After that more likely to be warm. During my last trip, the sky was not that shiny but it was warm.

Last edited by damienloh; 22-01-2007 at 01:56 PM..
Old 22-01-2007, 09:56 PM   #6636

wat is the email address of rainbow hotel?

Starhotel is the new one with the LCD TV and location at XMD, right? Can have contact number or email address so can book directly from them...

thanks.
Rainbow Hotel:
http://www.ncznhotel.com.tw/rainbow/intro/all.htm
Ta Shun:
htp://www.tshotel.com.tw (Also New with LCD TV but they dont increase price on Weekends like Wonstar)

Another New and well liked hotel but no breakfast:Near Taipei Station
http://www.gocityinn.com
Old 22-01-2007, 10:33 PM   #6637
Arch-Supremacy Member

still spring (mar to June) ard 19-28 degree, cooler in the early morning & night,

summer is June onwards till Sep.
u taiwanese ah..
my experince diff from ur....
Old 22-01-2007, 11:17 PM   #6638

where to get the best exchange rate? going to change by friday. anyone wanna go together? pm me.
Old 22-01-2007, 11:25 PM   #6639

actually mid may start to get hot liao... june is abt the same as SG and july i stay until buay tahan sia..

this is not taken into account of typhoon where temp can drop.. i once see the window so cold until it gets misty and with all the wind and rain pouring outside....
Old 23-01-2007, 03:24 AM   #6640

hi guys... it took me quite a long time to roughly go thru tis thread. im going taipei next monday..i've a lot of questions to ask. haha

1) i intend to go Yang ming shan, i stay at kilin hotel(shld be near to longshan temple, according to one of the post here..not sure rite anot), juz wondering what's the nearest way to reach there? take bus 260 at Ximen MRT? then i read somewhere to take RED 5 at shilin station to YMS.. and there's another bus u can take from bei tou, etc. so not sure which should be the shortest route there...

2) Is there direct bus from YMS to dan shui mrt? i plan to go dan shui after YMS? cuz from the posts earlier on, i notice there's bus from YMS to bei tou but i dun wan to go bei tou leh. not interested in hot spring. haha.. if not, guess i'll have to go bei tou take mrt to dan shui lor.

3) the bus trip roughly take how long from Ximen - YMS? what's the bus fare like? can i use the 'easycard' to pay for the fare? cuz i know it's for the card for mrt wan, not sure if it works for bus as well.

4) i dun tink i can catch sunrise at YMS...cuz i dun tink the mrt/bus starts tat early?? anyway any recommendations as to what route to take for a half day tour at YMS? i'm not too sure what to do once i reach the visitor center. haha.. maybe not too tedious as i've the rest of the day to spend at dan shui lao jie. i only know i can see some nice sceneries there..

5) i read somewhere that there's an internal bus 108 tat loops ard a few spots at YMS. so i've to pay everytime i go up & down the bus? or juz a one time fee & i can go to all stops? sorry i seriously duno anything there. :X

6) my fren said yu ren ma tou nothing much to see..true? she said tour the dan shui lao jie can liao.

7) what kinda place is New York shopping center? is warner village worth a visit?

8) does anyone know which branch of cheng pin(accessible by mrt) has a lot of books? im more interested in the illustrations(jimmy or japanese related), or art or design related books. i know there's this 3 storey one at zhong xiao fu dun hua..

9) where to get tai yang bing or huang li su(pineapple pastry)? my mom gave me a leaflet she got when she's in taiwan, lee ji bing dian >>www.taipeileechi.com.tw is tat seriously good? dan shui have anot?

10) my bf wanna get some affordable + ok leather shoes.. anywhere good place to shop?

11) taipei 101 admission how much har?

12) singtel shld have pay as u roam in taiwan rite?

erm guess tat's about all. tink i ask too much question :X if u know the answer at an instant, your help is greatly appreciated!!! else i'll juz have to find out there :/
Old 23-01-2007, 06:59 AM   #6641
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi guys... it took me quite a long time to roughly go thru tis thread. im going taipei next monday..i've a lot of questions to ask. haha

1) i intend to go Yang ming shan, i stay at kilin hotel(shld be near to longshan temple, according to one of the post here..not sure rite anot), juz wondering what's the nearest way to reach there? take bus 260 at Ximen MRT? then i read somewhere to take RED 5 at shilin station to YMS.. and there's another bus u can take from bei tou, etc. so not sure which should be the shortest route there...

2) Is there direct bus from YMS to dan shui mrt? i plan to go dan shui after YMS? cuz from the posts earlier on, i notice there's bus from YMS to bei tou but i dun wan to go bei tou leh. not interested in hot spring. haha.. if not, guess i'll have to go bei tou take mrt to dan shui lor.

3) the bus trip roughly take how long from Ximen - YMS? what's the bus fare like? can i use the 'easycard' to pay for the fare? cuz i know it's for the card for mrt wan, not sure if it works for bus as well.

4) i dun tink i can catch sunrise at YMS...cuz i dun tink the mrt/bus starts tat early?? anyway any recommendations as to what route to take for a half day tour at YMS? i'm not too sure what to do once i reach the visitor center. haha.. maybe not too tedious as i've the rest of the day to spend at dan shui lao jie. i only know i can see some nice sceneries there..

5) i read somewhere that there's an internal bus 108 tat loops ard a few spots at YMS. so i've to pay everytime i go up & down the bus? or juz a one time fee & i can go to all stops? sorry i seriously duno anything there. :X

6) my fren said yu ren ma tou nothing much to see..true? she said tour the dan shui lao jie can liao.

7) what kinda place is New York shopping center? is warner village worth a visit?

8) does anyone know which branch of cheng pin(accessible by mrt) has a lot of books? im more interested in the illustrations(jimmy or japanese related), or art or design related books. i know there's this 3 storey one at zhong xiao fu dun hua..

9) where to get tai yang bing or huang li su(pineapple pastry)? my mom gave me a leaflet she got when she's in taiwan, lee ji bing dian >>www.taipeileechi.com.tw is tat seriously good? dan shui have anot?

10) my bf wanna get some affordable + ok leather shoes.. anywhere good place to shop?

erm guess tat's about all. tink i ask too much question :X if u know the answer at an instant, your help is greatly appreciated!!! else i'll juz have to find out there :/
1),yes,there is 1 more bus at beitou,going to YMS,think is 215...(cfm again at the bustop)
2)take train should b faster
3)may 30min to 45min(not sure)
4)depend on urself..YMS is to big
5)not sure(mine was to walk from the main gate)
6)yu ren ma tou is just a bridge open on valentine day but the sunset is really beautiful
7)like our taka shopping center
8)not sure
9)best is taizhong nvr try taipei
10)go siling night market
11)350NT
Old 23-01-2007, 01:12 PM   #6642

HI,
If you are going from Kilin, then the Ximen MRT stop bus to YMS by 260 is fastest.
If you are in Beitou, then the bus is 230 or Mini bus 10.

There is a day pass for that internal 108 bus NTD60 or NTD70 not too sure.
http://www.ymsnp.gov.tw/HTML/ENG/04t...u_a01_list.asp

The Eslite book store at Xinyi is big and not far from the Taipei City Hall MRT stop.

TAI YANG BING (sun cakes)
Visitors recommend buying them in Jiufen, where they are fresh and reasonably-priced. Freeway rest stops also sell them. The most famous store is probably Tai Yang Tang at No. 23 Tze Yo (Freedom) St. Sec. 2, Taichung 太陽堂
台中市西區自由路二段23號
04-22222662
At Jiufen:
"Zhang Shi Fu Bing Dian" translated in Master Zhang Cake Shop. 1 box(10pcs) of Tai Yang Bing at only NT 100
At Keelung:
The shop's name is Li(2) Gu(3) Bing Dian 李鵠餅店. Address: 基隆市仁三路90號. Only 1 shop no branch. Tel: (02)2422 3007. 24278007

Two shops in Taipei famous for Taiwanese pastries (including pineapple cakes) are Li Ji and Shueh Hwa Jai, the latter being more conveniently located, with a shop in south Ximending.
Li Ji - http://www.taipeileechi.com.tw/ @ No. 73 Chang An E. Rd. Sec. 2, between Songjiang Rd. & Jianguo N. Rd. Elevated Expressway
Shueh Hwa Jai - This is the webby of their main store in Taichung: http://www.snowflake.com.tw/ They have 2 stores in Taipei:
No. 166 Nanjing E. Rd. Sec. 4 (near Rebar Crowne Hotel)
Tel: (02)2579-0439 & (02)2570-2817
No. 81 Gueiyang St. Sec. 2 (south Ximending, between Kangding Rd. & Kunming Rd.)
Tel: (02)2371-9992 & (02)2371-9859
(Above TYB info by CC)

Men's shoes: Ximenting and Shihlin, not too many choices , you will do better as variety is tremendous and cheap.
Old 23-01-2007, 01:45 PM   #6643

Guess guess recording izzt on feb 5th ???approx what time do we reach CTV? and the recoeding from when to when???
According to reports, all shows in FEB ARE SOLD OUT as there are school holidays and they have done some block bookings. BUt you can try when you are here, call them For more info (2)2781-3888 . You dont need tickets, Just get there half an hour before the recording starts.

Changing parade at CKS memorial hall station? And does it take place hourly?
From 9am to 5pm hourly.

Taipei 101 observatory opening n closing times?
10am to 10pm

Sun moon lake, bus services gg there are located at??

How to go to SML: Green Transit is an excellent option, with hourly departures and a reservation system that enables you to book seats 3 days in advance.
http://www.greenbusgroup.com/home.htm

Location of the hualian train from Taipei, and buy in advance?

At the Taipei Train Station.

Any gd民宿 in hualian ? will they guide us around? Or do we pay extra for tour?
Mr. Lu Lai-fu - (0)928-569-081
Mr. Zhuang (0)932-142-590
NTD2000/- per cab : up to 4 persons comfortable .
Old 23-01-2007, 04:17 PM   #6644

u taiwanese ah..
my experince diff from ur....
i m s'porean, i got the info from underground weather website,

for the seasons it goes like this .... spring,summer,autumn, winter... correct?
now is winter so after that shld be spring....
correct me if i m wrong
Old 23-01-2007, 04:40 PM   #6645

JuzJazGal

Ans) i stayed at kilin hotel last dec, abt 10mins walk from the longshan Mrt station, i went to YMS via 260 from TMS (tapei main station, east gate) confirm with the driver if the direction is gg to YMS.

Ans) Once u reached YMS u can check with the bus driver, there is a small bus terminal. or like u said take bus to beitou then change mrt to danshui.
go there early, sunset is ard 5pm....

Ans) bus trip ard 35 - 50mins i think, i use the easycard for all my journey in taipei, buses, mrt.... no problem, even in YMS u also can use...tap & tap...
remember to see if u need to tap "when onboard or when alight".

Ans) i cant help u on this , as when i went YMS, it was raining, so i alight only 2 stops. but u can ask the driver which are the MUST SEE.

ANs) ya, pay for every stops if u get down & up.

Ans) quite true, just the lovers bridge, nothinng much, someppl go there to watch sunset.

Ans) No idea, no time to go..hahah sad, but their shopping malls are High class

Ans) No idea.

Ans) i bought mine at JiuFen, bery nice, www.lecake.com.tw

Ans) try XMD

Ans) abt S$17.50, frankly speaking nothing much to see, go during daytime better, nite time nothing but lights , try the Mo Tian Lu @ Miramar , more romantic..haha ard S$10, abt 18mins or so.

Ans) me M1

Last edited by erushi21; 23-01-2007 at 04:44 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.