HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2007, 10:46 AM   #6691
Master Member

Hi, i stayed at keymans for my stay last month. I like the location and the service is still good. Not to mention that it is also rather cheap. I went taichung but it's nuthin much there. went there onli to buy the Taiyang bing. As for kaoshiung i have not been there but i heard it's not bad.
so any idea what are the rates like for a double room? hmm u bring along ur luggage when u went to taichung or u can left it with the hotel? btw u book thru online or call them up?
Old 29-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #6692

Thanks fireworks79, nuttyazn & erushi21 for the info!!!

juz finish packing n stuffs. not really done with the itinerary though. juz copy n paste info, will organise again later. haa.

heard news tat weather getting cold over there! sianz.. hope the cold is bearable *crossfinger*
ya, can be cold at YMS & danshui, when i was there last mth, it is only 8 degree!
so get a thicker jacket, bring a strong umbrella (wind is strong), glove & scarf (if u are scared of cold)

taipei city temp is ard 16-18, so is quite ok.

enjoy!
Old 29-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #6693

temp ard 10-17 in taipei city. last check this afternoon.

flying to taipei tml afternoon.
Old 29-01-2007, 09:24 PM   #6694

Hey,

North and Central Taiwan Lows at 7 ~10 C everyday till the fourth. Warmer clothes is a must!!!!! I'm sitting at home in a Longsleeve Tshirt, sweater and a Hoodie!!! Day was 16C and sunny but the breeze was cool and cooler in the shade.

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/news/archives/taiwan/2007129/101167.htm

Last edited by nuttyazn; 29-01-2007 at 10:03 PM..
Old 29-01-2007, 09:39 PM   #6695

Some Personal Advice

Hi,
It's been a long time since I'm back from Taiwan.

Really wanted to give one last thanks to all who has helped me, esp nutty.

I've blogged all my photos taken at Taiwan.

If anyone is interested, you might wanna take a look at my experience on my blog:

http://tokcock-singsong.blogspot.com...iwan-trip.html

I've also included my itinerary and some personal experiences in it. Hope it will help those who are heading Taiwan.

Old 29-01-2007, 11:42 PM   #6696

Hi. Are you replying to my post? TIA.
yes,they will open....
Old 30-01-2007, 04:48 PM   #6697

so any idea what are the rates like for a double room? hmm u bring along ur luggage when u went to taichung or u can left it with the hotel? btw u book thru online or call them up?
The rates you may check with the hotel. There's a 20%discount from sun to thur & 10% discount from fri-sat.

http://www.keymans.com.tw/order.asp

For me i stayed over at taichung for a day before going back taipei, also staying at keymans. I onli took my main luggage (containing clothes, impt stuff) to taichung, those 'extra' stuff (stuff bought at taiwan) u can leave over at the hotel if u are going back to stay. They are very friendly. But taichung really nuthin much. I dun really recommend u stay over but it's up to you.

Booking is ez. Just book thru the net & they'll send u a confirmation email. No worries. I use to worry & send them another mail to confirm that I am indeed going down. But after my stay there, i say, dun worry. As long as u receive a confirmation email, it's confirmed.
Old 30-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #6698
Supremacy Member

At Sun Moon Lake, do you also hire a cab to tour around the lake?
Nope, u can take a boat ride, they will give u a tour, the captain of the boat double up as a Tour Guide.
Old 30-01-2007, 07:07 PM   #6699

The rates you may check with the hotel. There's a 20%discount from sun to thur & 10% discount from fri-sat.

http://www.keymans.com.tw/order.asp

For me i stayed over at taichung for a day before going back taipei, also staying at keymans. I onli took my main luggage (containing clothes, impt stuff) to taichung, those 'extra' stuff (stuff bought at taiwan) u can leave over at the hotel if u are going back to stay. They are very friendly. But taichung really nuthin much. I dun really recommend u stay over but it's up to you.

Booking is ez. Just book thru the net & they'll send u a confirmation email. No worries. I use to worry & send them another mail to confirm that I am indeed going down. But after my stay there, i say, dun worry. As long as u receive a confirmation email, it's confirmed.
what did you do in taichung? care to share? i am in taichung now.. in a hotel near taichung park
Old 30-01-2007, 09:37 PM   #6700
Master Member

Guys, make sure you book the right hotel.

Both also named 萬事達旅店, 1 in XMD, 1 near Taipei Main Station. The staff at TMS said they are different owner.

http://www.wonstar.com.tw
http://www.taipeionestarhotel.com.tw

The room type look similar but when I call the TMS one, the 雅緻套房 is only meant for 1 person (NT1740) where the same room type at XMD one is for double (NT1880).

Last edited by damienloh; 30-01-2007 at 10:19 PM..
Old 30-01-2007, 09:50 PM   #6701

This is my 1st time going Taiwan with my wife & 2 daughters 3.5yrs & 13yrs.....Is a group guided tour. Is there anything that I got look out for since I'm with 2 kids? Like clothes to wear for the kids since I know is going to be cold there. And how cold will it be roughly in term of our local air con coldness.

Food to look out for that shud not be missed................like the smelly tofu.....where to get them?
Old 30-01-2007, 10:34 PM   #6702
Master Member

Hi,
If anyone is interested, you might wanna take a look at my experience on my blog:

http://tokcock-singsong.blogspot.com...iwan-trip.html

I've also included my itinerary and some personal experiences in it. Hope it will help those who are heading Taiwan.

Good tips and itinery planning in Word document. Thanks!
Old 31-01-2007, 02:25 AM   #6703

what did you do in taichung? care to share? i am in taichung now.. in a hotel near taichung park
oops, so sry for the late reply. was bz (seldom come to forum recently). Anyway, i onli bought taiyang bing at taichung. Tried going ard the neighbourhood shopping but nuthin fantastic. It's so unexciting that i can't remember whr i go in taichung.....maybe u can give us some insights on what is good at taichung now that u are there?
Old 31-01-2007, 02:31 AM   #6704

This is my 1st time going Taiwan with my wife & 2 daughters 3.5yrs & 13yrs.....Is a group guided tour. Is there anything that I got look out for since I'm with 2 kids? Like clothes to wear for the kids since I know is going to be cold there. And how cold will it be roughly in term of our local air con coldness.

Food to look out for that shud not be missed................like the smelly tofu.....where to get them?
hi according to nuttyanz, it's getting pretty cold in taiwan ranging from low of 7-10 degrees. I suggest u bring more warm clothings for ur children since they are so young. It's especially cold when the wind blows. But anyway, from my last month trip, there's lotsa shops selling cheap n nice winter clothes. So no worries if u wan more warmth.

Smelly tofu...i tried...nuthin special if u ask me haha. I din realli target wat to eat at taiwan, basically everythin ppl are recommending are found at the nite mkts (fengjia/shihlin etc?), n there's lotsa eateries ard taipei (at least, near taipei station whr i stayed at keymans). U can read thru the longggg list of posts so far in this thread if u have the time though. but since u are on a group tour, i tink everything shud be scheduled out for u.
Old 31-01-2007, 09:09 AM   #6705

Good tips and itinery planning in Word document. Thanks!
Welcome!

Merely passing on the benefits I reaped over here...

Heehee...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.