HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2007, 01:00 PM   #6766

Hi again, I just need a little update of the weather & temperature in Taiwan...I will be there on 18.02.2007...........Actually flying in to Taiwan on 17.02.2007 at 11.10pm...........

Anyone happens to be going on the same trip this CNY? We are going on ASA Holidays........We are in Group G so is G Bus too , Tour Guide is Ms Lena...... Care to share what to bring just Incas we missed something..........

We will be having early Breakfast on arrival then to Baotou Hot Spring....was told to bring swimming cap as this is compulsory.....and towels too...don't they provide towels after the Hot Spring dip? Also to hand carry prior to Taiwan is Lip Gross & moisturizer.......

Is It necessary to hand carry wind breakers instead of putting them into our luggage bag for check in? Many thanks to yr advises.......Taiwan here we Come......
Forecast for the week:
http://www.cwb.gov.tw/V5e/forecast/taiwan/week.htm

They do provide towels, i was given 2 towels (big & small), but for ur case better to bring since they instructed u, i didnt bring any cap, i tie up my hair.

as for wind breakers, i hand carry cos luggage no space..ahaha, but if u are heading straight to hotel after arrival then i dun think it is necessary to hand carry, but remember to wear a long sleeve shirt. i also brought along gloves cos it was cold & windy at YMS & danshui.

Enjoy!
Old 15-02-2007, 01:54 PM   #6767

Hi all

Newly joined here ^^
Great thread for all visitors going to Taiwan

I would be going there with my friend from 4 March to 10 March
Still working on the itinerary

Flight to TW
4 March
EVA Depart 1:10pm Arrival 5:30pm

Flight back SG

10 March
EVA Depart 7:40am

So basically a 5D trip minus off 2 days flight trip

Staying at TS Hotel - after popular recommendations by forumers here
Their double room for NT1680 is fully booked during dat period.
So they offered us:
4 - 8 Mar Single Room with a double bed put in NT1280 (additional NT200 to the NT1080 price) tight squeeze here but the reception guy was frank on this =)
9 Mar Change to Deluxe Double Room NT2180 as part of the deal

Think its a great savings ^^

Confirmed itinerary so far

Jacky Wu Guess x3 filming at CTV
5 March @ 1.20pm
Called up CTV for this but the person-in-charge simply tell us to try our luck by coming down dat day... seems they have more dan enough ppl as audiences

Questions:
Understood that from Taoyuan Int Airport can take Freego bus to TS Hotel
Is it only during office hours?
For our flight landing at 17:30 evening, will there still be a bus to catch?

Got the following quote from the thread on TS Hotel
"
As transportation from the airport, between 12:00 and 18:30, there's a bus called Freego which takes you right to our front door, just tell them it's TA SHUN HOTEL, though sometimes need to change to free shuttle from Freego's Taipei Terminal in order to get to TS. Before 12:00 and after 18:30, please take KuoKuang Bus to Taipei Main Station, then taxi to TS, do advice the driver that we are near ChangSha St. You may buy Freego return tickets with us, we'll call the bus for you to pick you up from our hotel the day you depart, the tickets cost NT$135 per person one way."

So meaning if we take Freego, it stops at the Taipei Terminal and den we have to take free shuttle to TS?

Else

We take KuoKang Bus to Taipei Main Station (i presume is the rail station?) den take cab to TS right?

Whats the diff den if we take a straight cab to TS?

Advice warmly welcomed

Cheers!
Old 15-02-2007, 01:56 PM   #6768

VivoCity:

The temp varies a lot: Day it goes high as 28C (Hot) To 15C (Very cool) at nights. Hand Carry the WB to be safe .
Old 15-02-2007, 02:31 PM   #6769

Forecast for the week:
http://www.cwb.gov.tw/V5e/forecast/taiwan/week.htm
They do provide towels, i was given 2 towels (big & small), but for ur case better to bring since they instructed u, i didnt bring any cap, i tie up my hair.

as for wind breakers, i hand carry cos luggage no space..ahaha, but if u are heading straight to hotel after arrival then i dun think it is necessary to hand carry, but remember to wear a long sleeve shirt. i also brought along gloves cos it was cold & windy at YMS & danshui.
Enjoy!
Thanks for those pieses of infor........I understand that U were at the same Hot Spring that I would be going too.....U did not wear any cap insteads just tied yr hair up? This is strange as they told me it is COMPULSORY??? Make me spend another S$40 just to buy the Caps...Ok so is good to bring along our gloves.....for YMS & danshui.

The temp varies a lot: Day it goes high as 28C (Hot) To 15C (Very cool) at nights. Hand Carry the WB to be safe .
Hey nuttyazn.......Thanks too for yr 1st hand infor......28C to 15C thru the night.....So it is unncessary to wear thermal suit at all..........The reason is I dun not want to bring unnecessarily too many winter clothes for my wife, myself plus 2 kids 4 & 13 years old.....Can give a little more advice on that......example if we wear a HardRock T-shirt + sweater + Hand carry wind breaker, will it be fine? hehehe........
Old 15-02-2007, 07:22 PM   #6770
Supremacy Member

I'm also planning for my itinery for may.

Anyone using any online maps that shows the good spots to go to? Care to recommend a comprehensive map?
Old 15-02-2007, 10:55 PM   #6771

Hi,

For shopping areas and whats around the Important MRT stops:Scans from Map available at MRT Station:
http://crazy_azn1.tripod.com/taiwan/id2.html

City Map:
http://crazy_azn1.tripod.com/taiwan/id6.html

Tourist site near MRT:
http://crazy_azn1.tripod.com/taiwan/id5.html

http://www.taipeitravel.net/
Old 15-02-2007, 11:01 PM   #6772

hitchhikerguide

Freego Bus runs from 5am till 1.30am, so dont worry about the transport to TS.
Good service there at TS.
Old 16-02-2007, 11:26 AM   #6773
High Honorary Member

Hi again, I just need a little update of the weather & temperature in Taiwan...I will be there on 18.02.2007...........Actually flying in to Taiwan on 17.02.2007 at 11.10pm...........

Anyone happens to be going on the same trip this CNY? We are going on ASA Holidays........We are in Group G so is G Bus too , Tour Guide is Ms Lena...... Care to share what to bring just Incas we missed something..........

We will be having early Breakfast on arrival then to Baotou Hot Spring....was told to bring swimming cap as this is compulsory.....and towels too...don't they provide towels after the Hot Spring dip? Also to hand carry prior to Taiwan is Lip Gross & moisturizer.......

Is It necessary to hand carry wind breakers instead of putting them into our luggage bag for check in? Many thanks to yr advises.......Taiwan here we Come......
Joining same tour but departing on the so call 18 Feb as day 1, but my flight time is on 19 feb 2.10am ?? how come difference from yours?

guess no chance to meet. Btw, i won't be swimming there. Any ideas what can i do there? Any nice food outlets or cafe or shops there?
Old 16-02-2007, 11:48 AM   #6774

Joining same tour but departing on the so call 18 Feb as day 1, but my flight time is on 19 feb 2.10am ?? how come difference from yours?

guess no chance to meet. Btw, i won't be swimming there. Any ideas what can i do there? Any nice food outlets or cafe or shops there?
I think I heard about yr Group.........yrs I think got about 4 buses load of pple going......I overheard when i was there buying the tour insurance....U have to report there by 11 pm right? T1 Row 12.....My group has over 300 pple so is going to be a nightmare waiting for everyone to be in time........

Is my 1st trip to taiwan so I was unable to advise U.....but try asking from nice pple here....or read back the post here....many good infor here....Anyway I dun think we got much time for Free&Easy there....maybe on the last day bcos dinner is not provided so got to find our own meals there.....hope someone can recommend us sometime nice to eat there for dinner.........
Old 16-02-2007, 12:48 PM   #6775

[QUOTE=VivoCity]Thanks for those pieses of infor........I understand that U were at the same Hot Spring that I would be going too.....U did not wear any cap insteads just tied yr hair up? This is strange as they told me it is COMPULSORY??? Make me spend another S$40 just to buy the Caps...Ok so is good to bring along our gloves.....for YMS & danshui.

I dun think our hotpspring resort is the same one. mine is apresort http://www.apresort.com.tw/en/html/hot%20spring.htm, i travelled F&E, but i was told the hotspring water is not gd for hair.
Old 16-02-2007, 12:53 PM   #6776

I think I heard about yr Group.........yrs I think got about 4 buses load of pple going......I overheard when i was there buying the tour insurance....U have to report there by 11 pm right? T1 Row 12.....My group has over 300 pple so is going to be a nightmare waiting for everyone to be in time........

Is my 1st trip to taiwan so I was unable to advise U.....but try asking from nice pple here....or read back the post here....many good infor here....Anyway I dun think we got much time for Free&Easy there....maybe on the last day bcos dinner is not provided so got to find our own meals there.....hope someone can recommend us sometime nice to eat there for dinner.........
where u gg on ur F&E time? maybe some of us here can give u some recommendations
Old 16-02-2007, 01:10 PM   #6777

Hey Guys and Gals

Xin Nian Kuai Le~Gong Ci Fa Cai

The Dog's gone and the Pig is here

Have a wonderful Holiday. We are off work from tomorrow 17th to the 25th. Then we also have a Holiday on the 28th.

Have fun, be merry , Don't drink and drive.

Last edited by nuttyazn; 17-02-2007 at 10:30 PM..
Old 16-02-2007, 01:17 PM   #6778
High Honorary Member

oh, only 4 buses? that will be great.

Yah, T1, row 12.....yrs different??

Btw have you collected the ASA aircraft model???

During briefing, there was not much ppl but i was told there are 200 over ppl, and will be spreading between 2 hotels in the same city at night.

I am unsure where will they drop us for dinner on the last day. Hope it's somewhere accessible by mrt.

Old 17-02-2007, 06:54 PM   #6779

Do bring termal underwear, hat, scarf and gloves..... You wont know when the 'han liu' hits.....
Was there from the 3rd to 13th Feb.... han liu hit on 10th and 11th.... freaking cold... esp when in danshui and yangmingshan....temp was recorded at 14deg but the chilling wind makes one freeze even with termal, knitted and jacket.
Old 17-02-2007, 09:51 PM   #6780

oh, only 4 buses? that will be great.

Yah, T1, row 12.....yrs different??

Btw have you collected the ASA aircraft model???

During briefing, there was not much ppl but i was told there are 200 over ppl, and will be spreading between 2 hotels in the same city at night.

I am unsure where will they drop us for dinner on the last day. Hope it's somewhere accessible by mrt.

LOL...now i m inside the departure lounge Using the free internet service....Arh got free ASA Aircraft ? Was not told about that, think I will ask my tour guide about it...... Was a chaos checking in just now.....so crowded & my group got 1 family came 1 hr late OMG....got to wait for them......
I think shud be a place where got shopping & restuarants. Dun worry about that.

Not very sure about the free & easy...but I got a 3.5 yrs girl with me is very difficult to move much. Preferably is somewhere near our hotel but still not sure where the Hotel yet....but one of the hotel is Howard....is this hotel Good?

Last edited by VivoCity; 17-02-2007 at 10:04 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.