HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2007, 03:59 PM   #6796
Arch-Supremacy Member

You might want to consider YMCA International House.
Single Rm: NT1800 (No breakfast)
I just came back on 21/2. The temperature is around 16 to 21. You may want to bring an umbrella in case it rains.
Hi. guy..

Took some of u guy recommend and decided to go tw.. It a bit rush tho.
Flyin off @ 2march n back @7th.

Ticket book n waitin for TS hotel confirmation

A few question..
1. If TS is fully booked then any other gd hotel to recommend??

2. How the weather now over there.. Cold??

3. Im may seem like spoonfed but cos i workin shift all the way till 1st march so not much time to plan.
anyone here got a gd schedule for like 6d 5n?? pls shared. Will try to read up there few day.

tks alot guys..
Old 25-02-2007, 12:22 PM   #6797
Supremacy Member

thks alot man..

still waiting for ts to reply me.. anyway..

i a noob new u guys help to plan my iternary

i flyin on 2th march 1pm n and return on 7th 6pm flight..
will be stayin all 5 night at ts..

still workin now so really not much time to plan so seek u guru help..
was hopin for the few standard place to visit..

but since i dont know their location well so it hard to plan.. if u guy can help with the iternary.. i try my best to look though the map..

hope to visit the jk wu desert shop,24 book shop,xmt, si ling,tong siao gong loo,101,and other gd recommend.

tks for all u guy help.
Old 25-02-2007, 01:40 PM   #6798
Arch-Supremacy Member

TS Hotel is very near to Ximen MRT Station. The hotel is located at Han Zhong Street.
Map:
http://www.tshotel.com.tw/english/05_traffic.htm
Remember to get a Taipei Tourist map at the nearby Taipei Metro MRT Station. Also, you would like to purchase an Easy Card (NT500) for travelling on Taipei Metro MRT and buses. This can be done using the self-service ticketing machine.
thks alot man..

but since i dont know their location well so it hard to plan.. if u guy can help with the iternary.. i try my best to look though the map..

hope to visit the jk wu desert shop,24 book shop,xmt, si ling,tong siao gong loo,101,and other gd recommend.

tks for all u guy help.

Last edited by makan007; 25-02-2007 at 01:42 PM..
Old 25-02-2007, 11:21 PM   #6799

thks alot man..

tks for all u guy help.
Hey I am also going Taipei this wkend 3rd March...till 8th March.

Did you see the maps provided by the Taipei Metro? Super helpful. You need to choose the station then a map will load and you can enlarge.
Taipei Metro Maps

si ling - you mean Shilin market? alight at Jiantan MRT

tong siao gong loo - Zhong Xiao Dong Lu?

There is a student market at gong guan mrt... there got a few universities and things may go student rate.

Got this wholesale market Wu Fen pu...and nearby got Raohe.. closed on monday i heard, alight at Hou Shan Pi mrt. and most markets start only from late noon.

You may want to go Jiufen as well.. thats taking a railway train from taipei main station to Rui Fang station. There got a lot of teahouses...scenic views. Den from there take railway train to Keelung/MiaoKou station got night market.

Heard got cherry blossoms at CKS Memorial Hall and Yang Ming Shan (heard jammed with cars these days).

Are you going for hotspring at either beitou or Yang Ming Shan?
Old 26-02-2007, 08:04 AM   #6800

Hi, I'll be going to Taiwan next week. Need help in what transport to take for my trip:

Full Day Trip:
Yeliu geographical park -> shifen -> jiufen -> ximenting

I know that some has been replied in this tread but I've really don't have time to browse thru. Anyone can advise me what transport to take for the following trip? Thanks.
Old 26-02-2007, 10:14 PM   #6801
Master Member

No. Current Jetstar offer is S$328 per pax inc. tax.
Travel between 1 Mar & 31 May.
Eh is there offer still on? Looks like I saw this quite late...
Old 27-02-2007, 10:04 AM   #6802
Master Member

Is there any special restriction now on hand carry luggage? Eg liquids
Old 27-02-2007, 10:22 AM   #6803

Hi, I'll be going to Taiwan next week. Need help in what transport to take for my trip:

Full Day Trip:
Yeliu geographical park -> shifen -> jiufen -> ximenting

I know that some has been replied in this tread but I've really don't have time to browse thru. Anyone can advise me what transport to take for the following trip? Thanks.
Uh, i got those info, somewhere in this forum. Personally, I only managed to go Yehliu + Shifen waterfalls on that day, cos I started out late..

I stayed at XMD area too.

Also, I went to Ruifang Train stn, but did not take train from there to Shifen, cos when I went, the next train was a long wait.. So I took a cab outside the train stn to Shifen instead. Standard price, 400NT.

If any info wrong, someone pls point out =) Cos this info, i gathered on my july trip last yr. Not sure if anything outdated.

1)Yehliu
  • Go out by exit 1 at Taipei Main STN. Take a Kuo Kuang Bus from the North Station of KuoKuang. Look for the Guo Guang counter and purchase tickets to Yeliou. Bus 19. Go in Yeliu must pay NT50
  • From Yeliu take a Keelung Bus to the Keelung Main Station(last stop). The bus stop can be found opposite the bus stop u alight at Yeliu. (NT44)

2)Shifen
  • From the front of the Keelung Railway Station (will see starbucks and burger king) take a Keelung Bus to Ruifang. (NT50) Tourists can opt to transfer to 'ping xi'(平溪線火車) line in 'ruifang' railway station.
  • Afterwhich they can either alight at 'da hua'(大華站) station or 'shi fen' (十分) station. take a15mins walk along the railway to reach 'shi fen' waterfall

3)Jiufen

u can take a direct bus from Zhong Hsiao Tung Rd, takes abt 1.5hrs... or can take train to RuiFang, n take a bus there

Train from Taipei to Ruifang (NT80 standing ticket) (40min interval, 40min journey) Reach Ruifang, across the street take bus to Jiufen (NT19, 10-15 minutes ride)

From Shifen, take train to Ruifang. Reach Ruifang, across the street take bus to Jiufen (NT19, 10-15 minutes ride). If wan to go Jinguashi then purchase the admission ticket (NT80) from Ruifang.

Last edited by Clarity; 27-02-2007 at 10:25 AM..
Old 27-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #6804
Master Member

If this is still applicable, then there is no restriction on hand luggage departing from Changi Airport to Taiwan.

http://www.changiairport.com/changi/...ml?__locale=en

However, with effective 1 March, there are restrictions on hand luggage departing from Taiwan.

http://210.241.93.137/big5/banner/im...in-baggage.htm
Old 27-02-2007, 04:27 PM   #6805

Hey Damien,

Good post. Important for all travellers to Taiwan
Old 27-02-2007, 04:32 PM   #6806

thanks Clarity for your reply. Guess it will be a rather tight schedule for me to visit all these 3 places and need to adhere to the bus /train schedule if I don't want to wait too long.
Old 27-02-2007, 08:27 PM   #6807

Hi guys.. when is the best time to go taipei for shopping?? roughly from which date onwards??
Old 28-02-2007, 03:04 AM   #6808

hey guys... where're the best places to buy VCDs/DVDs for Korean/Japanese drama in Taiwan (Taipei or otherwise)? Any popular shops?

Looking for Taiwanese versions of Korean drama because heard the quality of the dub and subtitles there are better than the local ones...
Old 28-02-2007, 11:13 AM   #6809

Anyone know of any website that is reliable that will ship items from Taiwan to Singapore ?
Old 28-02-2007, 01:08 PM   #6810

hey guys... where're the best places to buy VCDs/DVDs for Korean/Japanese drama in Taiwan (Taipei or otherwise)? Any popular shops?

Looking for Taiwanese versions of Korean drama because heard the quality of the dub and subtitles there are better than the local ones...
Guanghua Computer market:
(The Best Place to shop for electronics in Taipei)
(Location: MRT Stop Zhongxiao Xinsheng > Exit 4 > Turn right, walk to second junction , turn left , walk 2 mins to location.) Blk 1 & 2 for VCD/DVD Manga, Comics and books
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.