HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2007, 01:23 AM   #6826
Arch-Supremacy Member

Most Taiwanese are happy with this decision. As long as the KMT stays on the Unification trail ,and are not Pro ROC - Taiwan, the Taiwanese will keep on doing this.What next: SYS mem Hall, Martyr's shrine. There is no way that the ROC can recover the Mainland , and 84% of the population do not relate to the Mainland as their Motherland (Just land of their ancestors) not their home, Taiwan is their home. If the KMT does not get with the Taiwanese program they will lose again in 2008.
I dunno, but name-changing in Spore is a very major issue. A lot of money will be pumped into juz for the sake of the name changing. But wat disappoints me is that a major renov is to be taken place for CKS Mem Hall which involves in tearing down of the walls and gates. I dunno, maybe I dun have a very comprehensive knowledge of the Taiwan history, but the renov seems a little too much for me, as that place is of some historical value.

Whoever in power has the key to set his or her policies. I believe thats wat the Taiwanese voted for.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:03 PM   #6827

Most Taiwanese are happy with this decision. As long as the KMT stays on the Unification trail ,and are not Pro ROC - Taiwan, the Taiwanese will keep on doing this.What next: SYS mem Hall, Martyr's shrine. There is no way that the ROC can recover the Mainland , and 84% of the population do not relate to the Mainland as their Motherland (Just land of their ancestors) not their home, Taiwan is their home. If the KMT does not get with the Taiwanese program they will lose again in 2008.
I beg to differ, i've been observing politics of taiwan for quite sometime, reading newspaper, watching news and watching their political programs (both pro green and blue station, u'll get what i meant). I think this name changing exercise is pointless for most of the taiwan people. (Especially those who are not so political oriented) The emotion stirred up by this incident can be read as a political move to prepare for the 2008 election as well as the 2007 election for legislator.

However many feel that the cost is way to high, given after chaining the postal service and the national petroleum company, airport and others, tons and tons of money are spent just for a change in name. In fact only Chinese name is change (e.g. from chung hwa postal to taiwan postal but its English counterpart remains the same) Many of my Taiwanese friends feel pointless for the name change and in fact there is a survey conducted that indicate many does not support the change.

I understand you may have certain orientation in regards to unification but i guess for KMT they can win even if they do not follow such drastic measures such as name changing. In fact i say a lot of middle voters are the determinant for the wining of the upcoming 2008 election. Thus those move mainly appease the southerners who are inclined of the pro Taiwanese program.

Anyway i can rant on and on(there are too much to talk about) etc but just want to make this casual and sharing of my thought, not saying you're wrong, No matter what everyone have their rights on their opinion rite? No offense dude.
Find you up nextime for tea next tie when i go taiwan lol

cheers!
Old 04-03-2007, 04:13 PM   #6828

I did not know Spore had any problem in changing any names. As Far as I saw, The Govt just busted down a lot of historical sites and recreational places on what used to be Singapore in the name of "Progress" Now in the 21st century trying to recreate the ambience as it used to be, cant be done. I grew up there 67 ~ 84 so I know how distructive such changes can be.

Many Taipei residents here have said the wall actually have a purpose i.e. protection from the sun and rain (Covered areas) when walking down the block, so they might not break it down. They will change the name and move the CKS Statue out of there So no more changing of the guards. Better get to see it one more time before all these changes are made. .
Old 06-03-2007, 08:11 PM   #6829
Master Member

http://railway.hinet.net/

Have anyone tried to book the train ticket online?
Does it accept only Taiwan NRIC for booking?

I have tried 2 times but it prompted NRIC no. error.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:26 PM   #6830
Master Member

I called the ticketing counter at Taiwan Main Station. That mister was very helpful by booking with his NRIC.

However, guess what happened? The online payment system only accepts credit cards issued by Taiwan banks!
Old 07-03-2007, 03:29 AM   #6831
Arch-Supremacy Member

can anyone recommend a tour guide for a one day Hua Lian tour?

well,alot of the ppl here,including myself have stayed in the ming su over there in hua lian.at the same time booked the tour guide from there.the ming su operator and the tour guide are sister-in-law,both very nice!!in fact the tour guide used to work in singapore and very familar with us.dun have the contact now but can do a search here.its rock something
Old 07-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #6832

can anyone recommend a tour guide for a one day Hua Lian tour?
Hualien -Private Cabs- licensed:

Mr. Lu Lai-fu - (0)928-569-081
Mr. Zhuang (0)932-142-590
Mr. Chen Guang-fa - (0)937-167-779, (0)(3)861-1353, (0)(3)856-6895

Recommended Minsu:
http://www.netete.com/stone
Old 07-03-2007, 05:39 PM   #6833
Supremacy Member

i would be staying for 4 nights in taipei this coming may, is there any hostels near ximending that anyone can recommend for a six-person group with mix boys and girls?
Old 07-03-2007, 11:27 PM   #6834

Cool

Hi to all, I'm new to this site. Just signed up as member a couple of min ago after going thru some useful tips for ppl visiting Taipei.

I'm going to Taipei next month. 6D5N, F&E, don't know what to expect. Just go there 'anyhow' walk, hopefully is a enjoyable trip for me.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:37 PM   #6835
Master Member

Anyone in taiwan would like to meet up and go around the places together ? Give me a private message. Feeling alittle weird going all those places alone.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:11 PM   #6836
Master Member

Anyone going to Taiwan from 19 till 23 March 07??

I am looking for people to join in the Taroko tour by cabbie as I am going with my mother and 2 pax is kind of more expensive.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:34 AM   #6837

Hi, I'm new to the forum... just signed up a few moments ago. So glad I found this very useful thread.

I'll be heading to Tainan in the first week of April, but have no idea which hotel would be a good place to stay.

How does Tayi Landis and Evergreen Plaza compare to each other? In terms of rooms, convenience (for access to food and transportation etc).

I'll be taking the high speed rail from taoyuan to tainan. How far are these 2 hotels from the railway station? would it be expensive to take a taxi from the station to the hotels?

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2007, 04:30 AM   #6838

anyone saw this tee in white/green can help me buy one back?

Old 09-03-2007, 01:24 PM   #6839

Hi All,

Could any kind soul give me an estimation of how the weather is like towards the end of April ?

Is it cold ?
Old 09-03-2007, 04:41 PM   #6840

anyone saw this tee in white/green can help me buy one back?

i bought green and white one each in xmd.
erhs and of cox not original but super alike.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.