HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2005, 06:43 PM   #676
High Supremacy Member

There is this hotel near taipei railway station called mei shiung.. 700NT only dun know love hotel ornot
Old 25-03-2005, 08:40 AM   #677

Kaoshiung nothing much lor... The sun mook lake is a beutiful place there is a theme park there if i not wrong.
SO have u book the hotel in taipei and KS?
Not yet... me and friends will sit down to do the planning...

Oh yeah U can ask agent in taiwan to book all the hotels and trains tickets if necessary.....

Most likely will confirm everuthing early Apr... let u know if I hv any detail info
Old 25-03-2005, 08:45 AM   #678

There is this hotel near taipei railway station called mei shiung.. 700NT only dun know love hotel ornot
what is love hotel..? hotel for hanky panky thing ? haha... anyway u juz sleep lor..dun do lar..haha..
Old 25-03-2005, 03:44 PM   #679

hey.. i went Taipei over the weekends. did check out the hotel. location is ok. but it looks like a love hotel to me. so din stay there.. stayed at rainbow instead. FYI, the king regency is very very cheap but at the lobby, u will be greeted with a basket of condoms which let ppl take for free.. so i assume tats a love hotel. also checked the room. the bed is rounded in shape so once again confirmed that i am in the wrong place liao.

In comparison, the king regency hotel is only bout NT1000 for a twin room. which is bout half the price of other 3 star hotel . but the hotel only has 1 old man as security guard who is sleeping when i was droppin by. n the door of the room is shakey. no card system for the lights n TV.. So i rather pay more for rainbow. which has quite gd room. n the TV has over 100 cable channels. Breakfast sucX. but overall acceptable.

If u r into chinese pop n celebrities. plan ur trip so that its across sat n sun. n do a bit more research. cos right in front of the rainbow hotel is the watsons temp stage where sure got celeb events on weekends
wow..seems like rainbow is highly recommended by you. king regency love hotel or the one with old man as sercurity? abit confused by wat u said
Old 25-03-2005, 05:02 PM   #680

I was recommended Keyman's hotel by Naomi7115 here, and I must say, good choice. I can't compare with Rainbow since I have never been there, but if I were to go back again, I would probably still choose keyman. Excellent location - just opposite the Taipei Railway, MRT, and bus stations. All there. Big shopping mall, shops, and plenty of eateries, really plenty. They charged me NT1660 per nite for a single room.
pm to u some qns. hope to c a reply soon. thanks!
Old 25-03-2005, 07:05 PM   #681

wow..seems like rainbow is highly recommended by you. king regency love hotel or the one with old man as sercurity? abit confused by wat u said
King regency is the "love hotel" which i assume it to be from the looks of its room. The hotel is also the 1 with 1 sleepy old man as security guard. I recommend u dun go for that unless u wan a love hotel 4 sx.

Rainbow is no. 1 recommended if u r a teenager who like hanging out in orchard rd like type of streets even at nite. cos its in "Xi Men Ding Pedestrain Mall". So at nite u can also walk walk n eat Ah Zhong Mee Sua which is jus 1 block away from the hotel.

However if u dun like crowded places. then rainbow is not for u. cos almost every nite streets will be filled with ppl n street food vendors.
Old 25-03-2005, 07:15 PM   #682

the orange n green building is rainbow hotel. which jus opposite it is a temporary stage which will hav autograph session on most weekends. Plan ur stay over a weekend n u can catch a glimpse of taiwanese pop celebrities n all the hyperactive fans in Taipei.
Old 26-03-2005, 07:44 AM   #683

thanks for the info gadgetron, any pics of the interior hotel?
Old 26-03-2005, 02:51 PM   #684

the orange n green building is rainbow hotel. which jus opposite it is a temporary stage which will hav autograph session on most weekends. Plan ur stay over a weekend n u can catch a glimpse of taiwanese pop celebrities n all the hyperactive fans in Taipei.[/QUOTE]

sigh, too bad i only stayed in taipei rainbow hotel for the whole wkdays.cos by the time i wanna come back over the wkends, it will clash with the sch holis n the tixs will be super ex~! nvm, i think i too old to zui xing le...haha, aniwia, i'm glad i nv regret booking rainbow hotel judging by all the comments u all said. we juz booked w/o doing any much research
Old 27-03-2005, 01:09 AM   #685

haha.. wat too old to zui xing. its not the idea of zui xing. rather having free entertainment for the hotel u paid. the atmosphere over at Xi men ding over the weekends is great. u got to see how crazy the Taiwanese fans are over their idols.

n in XMD, at nite, when u walk on the streets, u will be able to listen to more than 10 different Jay Chou songs cos bout 1 in 3 shops play his song.
Old 27-03-2005, 01:20 AM   #686

see this..
http://www.ncznhotel.com.tw/rainbow/guest/all.htm

mine is the 精緻雙人房 seen in above pic
from the pic n wat it was like when i stayed over there, i can tell u its "i get what i see here"
only that my room dun hav the 2 painting as shown in the pic.

n when u were there, check ur TV has more than 100 different channels, cos sometime i can access only bout 40 channels.
Old 27-03-2005, 10:06 AM   #687
High Supremacy Member

how much a night.. cause i goinng to book a hotel near there 700NT only..
Old 27-03-2005, 03:01 PM   #688
Arch-Supremacy Member

haha.. wat too old to zui xing. its not the idea of zui xing. rather having free entertainment for the hotel u paid. the atmosphere over at Xi men ding over the weekends is great. u got to see how crazy the Taiwanese fans are over their idols.

n in XMD, at nite, when u walk on the streets, u will be able to listen to more than 10 different Jay Chou songs cos bout 1 in 3 shops play his song.
haha... yah.. keep on hearing his songs there...
Old 27-03-2005, 04:12 PM   #689
Master Member

hah, i am just back...in the afternoon of 326..a few hours before they start their biggie...heh..well, the weather for ytd is warm while on the day before its quite cold..so be prepared...
Old 27-03-2005, 04:12 PM   #690

whoa piangz, in sg alreadi sorrta get sick of jay song's le.( sorry doesn't mean to offend any jay's fans here arh)...haha, juz like in china, everywhere is ah du huh?!! yeah, so i suay la, no free entertainment.but i guess over 40-100 tv channels is alreadi e best entertainment le haha

aniwai, i only noe the food is cheap there. wad else is cheap? oh btw, norm the nite markets such as shi lin ye shi is from wad time to wad time?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.