HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2007, 02:14 PM   #6976

nckai,

Your Day2 night activities are a bit packed and the sequence somewhat irregular! I suggest you google their MTR map and plan according to the route which will then save you unnecessary travel time.
Old 31-03-2007, 10:04 PM   #6977

Another Ximenting Hotel:

HI,

If room not available, you can now book into Handsome Hotel since we now have a confirmation regarding the hotel being okay: Location very close to Royal Castle.

MermaidAriel Singapore Posted on: 3:51 am, today

Hi all, I just came back from Taipei after 6 days there. Stayed at Handsome hotel for 5 nites, I took the family suite for 4 pax and I would recommend this hotel as its really good value for money.
The things I like about this hotel:
1) The room comes with tea, coffee, soft drinks, mineral water bottles, biscults and kettle for boiling water. They are all free and hotel replenishes them daily. The only exception is when I sleep in late, I notice they do not replenish the drinks.
2) The toilet is nice and clean. Have hairdryer, tooth brush, tooth paste, comb, dental floss, mouth wash, cotton buds, shampoo, shower gel, shower cap, soap. The reason why I listed them down is because usually I do not expect budget accomodation to provide so many things, so I am pretty impressed.
3) Its only 10 min walk to Ximen station. It has a huge sign board (in mandarin).
4) It comes with breakfast. However, its standard sandwich with either coffee, tea or milk daily. Its not the buffet kind.
5) The hotel staff are friendly. Their housekeeper lend us an umbrella for our whole trip as it was raining almost daily. HOwever, I think they cannot speak English well, so if you only know English, then you may have communication prob with the hotel staff. As I can speak Mandarin, so its no problem.
I didn't try out their free internet connection but I heard from another person that it doesn't really work well. The room may be a bit cramp after putting in the luggage so need to rearrange the furniture. But all in all, I had a pleasant stay and would stay there again if I go Taipei.

*Handsome (Han She) Hotel - http://www.handsomehotel.com.tw/en-info01.htm
Old 31-03-2007, 10:25 PM   #6978

compare janfusun and leofoo village
which is better?
Janfusan has more thrilling rides.
Old 31-03-2007, 10:31 PM   #6979

damien, thanks for the advice. Have made amendments to my itinerary. I'm staying at TS, so I can just take the bus @ Zhong Hua rd instead of going to Taipei Main Station ya?

悠游卡 = EasyCard? The card that entitles you to ride on buses and train? Where can I get one of these?
Corrrect, you can take the 260 bus from Zhonghua Rd - outside Exit 3 Ximen MRT Bus stop to YMS (This bus has 2 routes, one route, last stop at Taipei Main Station( TMS ) only. .

Easy card is for Bus and MRT only. Trains, have to pay cash.
Old 31-03-2007, 10:39 PM   #6980
Master Member

i will be going to YMS and staying for ard 2.5 ~ 3 hrs ..which are the stops should i go then?. i heard there are 12 stops..but i dun think i can cover all of them.

Thanks.
Old 31-03-2007, 11:41 PM   #6981
Master Member

i will be going to YMS and staying for ard 2.5 ~ 3 hrs ..which are the stops should i go then?. i heard there are 12 stops..but i dun think i can cover all of them.Thanks.
Like the Mr Wang from Laurelvilla said, go and take your time to enjoy the moments there, not just want to be there and leave.

So no need to rush and go all stops. From YMS bus terminal to flower clock is the area with most flower. 竹子湖 has many flower farms. 小油坑 is also another popular stop though I only passed by.

Old 01-04-2007, 01:22 AM   #6982

nckai,

Your Day2 night activities are a bit packed and the sequence somewhat irregular! I suggest you google their MTR map and plan according to the route which will then save you unnecessary travel time.
Thanks dennis. I though both Miramar and Shih Lin are at Jian Tan station? Don't think I gonna spend alot of time at the Ferris Wheel, just take and zao.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:23 AM   #6983

Corrrect, you can take the 260 bus from Zhonghua Rd - outside Exit 3 Ximen MRT Bus stop to YMS (This bus has 2 routes, one route, last stop at Taipei Main Station( TMS ) only. .

Easy card is for Bus and MRT only. Trains, have to pay cash.
Thank nuttyazn, will check with the driver when I board the bus.

Any ideas what to fill in for my day 5?
Old 01-04-2007, 01:29 AM   #6984
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks dennis. I though both Miramar and Shih Lin are at Jian Tan station? Don't think I gonna spend alot of time at the Ferris Wheel, just take and zao.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Shih Lin is very nearby Jian Tan station. But u might consider spending more time like 2 hrs there for food and working around the street market nearby

As for Miramar, its also a shopping mall. There's also a Carefourr taking up a big building next to Miramar. Maybe an 1hr there might be enough. Unless u wanna catch a show there.....
Old 01-04-2007, 01:48 AM   #6985

Yup, I gonna set aside prolly 2-3 hrs at Shih Lin.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:44 AM   #6986

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, Shi Lin is walking distance from JianTan Station.

Looking @ the MRT route. Would you consider Tan Shui -> BeiTou -> Miramar Wheel -> Shi Lin? Hmmm also it is a bit strange to 'Pao Dang' in the hot afternoon so it may be a better idea to do the hotspring after your trip to Yu Ren. The flow also looks more logical.

It's just a suggestion.

BTW, The National Palace Museum is not in your itinerary right? But then you are already so close to it.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:47 AM   #6987
Master Member

[QUOTE=damienloh]Like the Mr Wang from Laurelvilla said, go and take your time to enjoy the moments there, not just want to be there and leave.

So no need to rush and go all stops. From YMS bus terminal to flower clock is the area with most flower. 竹子湖 has many flower farms. 小油坑 is also another popular stop though I only passed by.

Thanks Damien!!

So the flower clock u referring ..is it at no.2 stop?

I dont think i can cover all too..so thinking to visit jus a few stop but wish not to miss the must visit one.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:29 AM   #6988
High Supremacy Member

1. YMS bus 108 : 1 fare & I can alight & board @ every stop or must I pay a fare everytime I board? How much for an adult?

2. Any private hotspring to recommend? Price? Going with wife...

Last edited by o0KelviN0o; 01-04-2007 at 09:35 AM..
Old 01-04-2007, 11:22 AM   #6989
Master Member

So the flower clock u referring ..is it at no.2 stop?
http://www.ymsnp.gov.tw/web/data_ima...2%CE%B9%CF.jpg
http://www.2007yms.com.tw/003b.html

The Flower clock is near the 阳明公园. At the flower clock car park, there is a mini bus to 竹子湖。

Last edited by damienloh; 01-04-2007 at 11:27 AM..
Old 01-04-2007, 11:26 AM   #6990
Master Member

1. YMS bus 108 : 1 fare & I can alight & board @ every stop or must I pay a fare everytime I board? How much for an adult?
There is a ticket for bus 108 rides for all stops, just need to pay 1 time NT80. But the bus drivers say better to just pay NT15 for each ride.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.