HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2007, 11:47 PM   #7141
Master Member

If we buy the FREEGO bus for both ways...how do we tie up with the company on day of departure? is there a number for us to call or do we have to settle it when we buy the tickets?
Old 23-04-2007, 11:48 PM   #7142
Master Member

lets say if i go by the GuoGuang Bus to TMS to hotel way ...

On the departure day if i choose to go by FREEGO where do we need to purchase the ticket?
Old 24-04-2007, 02:41 PM   #7143
Master Member

What is the operating hours for the shops in XMD and taipei main station?

How long is the journey from XMD to Beitou?

Approximately how long does it take for two adjacent train stations? 5 mins?
Old 25-04-2007, 01:09 AM   #7144
Arch-Supremacy Member

What is the operating hours for the shops in XMD and taipei main station?

How long is the journey from XMD to Beitou?

Approximately how long does it take for two adjacent train stations? 5 mins?
Weekend open longer, say 2am? Normally 11pm they will close shop.....

XMD to Beitou journey is bout 30-40mins using the MRT.... Just tried their hot spring last Saturday, nice, no as smelly as YMS....

Lastly, distance between two station varies, so no definate timing.... I walk from Taipei 101 to Chong Zheng memorial about 45mins-60mins.... Enjoy the stroll, can see more of the cultural and buildings...
Old 25-04-2007, 01:52 AM   #7145
Master Member

If we buy the FREEGO bus for both ways...how do we tie up with the company on day of departure? is there a number for us to call or do we have to settle it when we buy the tickets?

Just back from TP yesterday.

Bought freego return got 30NT discount. 135 + 105

I just let the hotel staff know my return date and time..they help me to call freego and confirm.

BTW i stay at Future Star..i can say TS is newer with LCD tv. Future star not bad but we stay at the 1380nt room..so just next to the counter.Abit noisy. But overall i wont mind staying at future star again. Really at XMD itself..everytime after shopping. can just go back to put things and freshen up for the next spree..hee
Old 25-04-2007, 05:42 AM   #7146

Just back from TP yesterday.

Bought freego return got 30NT discount. 135 + 105

I just let the hotel staff know my return date and time..they help me to call freego and confirm.

BTW i stay at Future Star..i can say TS is newer with LCD tv. Future star not bad but we stay at the 1380nt room..so just next to the counter.Abit noisy. But overall i wont mind staying at future star again. Really at XMD itself..everytime after shopping. can just go back to put things and freshen up for the next spree..hee
Glad that someone is staying the same hotel as me. I will be staying at the 1480NT room. Any Safebox and approx wat time did u reached the hotel?
Where did you alight when u took Freego to the hotel. Did you tell the driver to inform you , or is there any particular road to alight. Will be going in 2 weeks time.
And anyone knows where is MiaKow Night Market?Thanks alot guys!

Last edited by meimei26; 25-04-2007 at 05:54 AM..
Old 25-04-2007, 06:15 AM   #7147
Master Member

Wink

Glad that someone is staying the same hotel as me. I will be staying at the 1480NT room. Any Safebox and approx wat time did u reached the hotel?
Where did you alight when u took Freego to the hotel. Did you tell the driver to inform you , or is there any particular road to alight. Will be going in 2 weeks time.
Safebox i didn't ask lah..i think quite safe to keep yr belonging in yr luggage if can be locked. At Freego counter just let the lady know u going to Future Star, they will inform the driver. Coach will go around few hotels to alight passenger.Driver will announce the hotel name and ask who is alighting,so no issue ba.i reach the hotel ard 7.30pm cos the coach went to other hotel first.
Old 25-04-2007, 11:55 AM   #7148
Master Member

hi guys.. i'm going to taipei again from 31 may to 7 june hehe..
choosing between ts hotel and future star hotel.. eh which 1 got bath tub ah?
Old 25-04-2007, 02:15 PM   #7149
Supremacy Member

just came back yesterday, future star gt bathtub, i stayed in the 1180 room.. but i think TS also should have. other forumer should be able to confirm abt that..
Old 25-04-2007, 02:27 PM   #7150
Supremacy Member

dont think there is safebox inside the room, but i left my stuff there everyday for the whole week, nothing happen. as for freego, just tell the them which hotel u going, they will send u there.

MiaoKow Night Market is at Keelung, i took the train frm the taipei railway station, took about 40min.. the night market is near MacDonald, u can just ask the local there, they will give u direction, abt 10min walk frm Keelung railway station. Alot of nice food there imo, lol.
Old 25-04-2007, 05:42 PM   #7151
Master Member

just came back yesterday, future star gt bathtub, i stayed in the 1180 room.. but i think TS also should have. other forumer should be able to confirm abt that..
oic.. i'm still considering the 1180 and 1280.. wat's the diff ah? btw got discount? how u book bro? any other bro stayed @ TS b4? got any bath tub anot ah?
Old 25-04-2007, 06:18 PM   #7152

if u wan to go TS better book fast, fully booked for most days in May liao.
Old 25-04-2007, 07:04 PM   #7153

Wink

dont think there is safebox inside the room, but i left my stuff there everyday for the whole week, nothing happen. as for freego, just tell the them which hotel u going, they will send u there.

MiaoKow Night Market is at Keelung, i took the train frm the taipei railway station, took about 40min.. the night market is near MacDonald, u can just ask the local there, they will give u direction, abt 10min walk frm Keelung railway station. Alot of nice food there imo, lol.
Hi MUfc,

Thanks. Most likely will travel outside Taipei. Cos last time did not took train travel to further places.. Only travel within the MRT area.
Is keelung is recomended place to visit? Or other good places to visit.I dun fancy jiufen cos only to go there to see rock formation. (correct me if im wrong)
Still can recall to alight at which station to keelung?
Old 25-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #7154
Master Member

Hi MUfc,

Thanks. Most likely will travel outside Taipei. Cos last time did not took train travel to further places.. Only travel within the MRT area.
Is keelung is recomended place to visit? Or other good places to visit.I dun fancy jiufen cos only to go there to see rock formation. (correct me if im wrong)
Still can recall to alight at which station to keelung?
Rock formation is Yeliu...Jiu fen is a nice place...sorta a upslope alley where u can try alot of snack and buy some back to singapore too. If u are tired , u can go to any tea house there to enjoy tea and look at the scenery. i find it quite a nice place...the munchee there not bad. ice-cream popiah and mixed/fish ball also nice.
Old 25-04-2007, 09:22 PM   #7155
Master Member

hi guys.. i'm going to taipei again from 31 may to 7 june hehe..
choosing between ts hotel and future star hotel.. eh which 1 got bath tub ah?

Future star 1380nt the one i stayed got bathtub. I think shld be all have.
As for TS..1680nt one not all have. when u make booking think have to request for it lor.

BTW i got 4 tix of future star 200NT discount. Discount only apply stay from MOn-Thur excluding public holiday and eve of public holiday.Valid till 31 may.

>> Discount tix will be send to quekth

Last edited by zeroflame; 25-04-2007 at 09:40 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.