HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2007, 09:24 PM   #7156
Supremacy Member

Hi MUfc,

Thanks. Most likely will travel outside Taipei. Cos last time did not took train travel to further places.. Only travel within the MRT area.
Is keelung is recomended place to visit? Or other good places to visit.I dun fancy jiufen cos only to go there to see rock formation. (correct me if im wrong)
Still can recall to alight at which station to keelung?
keelung is quite a good place for food, and there are shop selling clothes as well. would advise u to check out the weather there before u go, because i went on a rainy day, the walkway is quite dirty. I took the train frm Taipei railway station all the way to Keelung station which is the last stop for tat north bound train.
Make sure u board the right train, can ask the local inside the station to confirm.
Old 25-04-2007, 09:30 PM   #7157
Supremacy Member

oic.. i'm still considering the 1180 and 1280.. wat's the diff ah? btw got discount? how u book bro? any other bro stayed @ TS b4? got any bath tub anot ah?
not so sure about the 1280 one, i m quite happy with the 1180 one, there r 2 type, one is older room but space is bigger, the other one is newer but space is smaller, we choose the older one, because we prefer to have small space. i think it all depnd on ur preferance.
Booking is done by calling them directly, my fren ask for discount when we arrive lol, the receptionist look for a while n give ask abit of discount..
Location wise, it is really good, within 1min u will reach ximen metro exit 6.
Old 25-04-2007, 11:26 PM   #7158

Rock formation is Yeliu...Jiu fen is a nice place...sorta a upslope alley where u can try alot of snack and buy some back to singapore too. If u are tired , u can go to any tea house there to enjoy tea and look at the scenery. i find it quite a nice place...the munchee there not bad. ice-cream popiah and mixed/fish ball also nice.
Oic. Ok then , can slot this visit to my intinery. Mayb visit Jiu Fen fisrt and follow back Keelung. Possible? How to get to Jiu Fen? Thanks MUFC for ur direction to keelung!
Old 25-04-2007, 11:48 PM   #7159
Supremacy Member

if going to jiufen frm taipei, can take train (nt metro) to rui fang, then take a bus bound to jiu fen frm there.. it is located right opposite frm the convinience store there.. shld be able to see when u exit frm rui fang station, that how i went there..
Old 26-04-2007, 02:17 AM   #7160

ok, based on my experience a few months ago,
i need to open my golden mouth and ask.
even with my half-past six mandarin,
they can understand and give clear instructions.

NEVER NEVER MISS TARAKO GORGE!
It's gorgeous!
Old 26-04-2007, 02:33 PM   #7161
Master Member

not so sure about the 1280 one, i m quite happy with the 1180 one, there r 2 type, one is older room but space is bigger, the other one is newer but space is smaller, we choose the older one, because we prefer to have small space. i think it all depnd on ur preferance.
Booking is done by calling them directly, my fren ask for discount when we arrive lol, the receptionist look for a while n give ask abit of discount..
Location wise, it is really good, within 1min u will reach ximen metro exit 6.
thx for ur post bro.. oh btw any1 still have the discount coupon for future star hotel?
Old 27-04-2007, 12:27 AM   #7162

just came back yesterday, future star gt bathtub, i stayed in the 1180 room.. but i think TS also should have. other forumer should be able to confirm abt that..
I really want to know whether the 1180 NT room in future star has windows? Thanks.
Old 27-04-2007, 12:35 AM   #7163
Supremacy Member

gt window, but small one, n covered by curtain, the wall at the window side, have a sofa, cant really see much frm the window. so can consider as no window, imo. lol.
Old 27-04-2007, 01:06 AM   #7164
Supremacy Member

Hi guys, in a midst of planning.

I don't have much problems planning with the shopping and eating locations cz thats the main aim of my trip. But i hope to squeeze in some scenic areas that i can enjoy for half a day or so.

Any recommendations in scenic attractions that is pretty close to the city center? Hopefully no need to travel too far. I think going keelung, jiufen, jinguashi, wulai is quite far and takes up quite abit of travelling time. My entire trip is only 4d3n.

Help!
Old 27-04-2007, 05:24 PM   #7165
Supremacy Member

upupupup.

How do i get to Yang Ming Shan from Taipei? How long does it take?
Old 27-04-2007, 06:19 PM   #7166

Hi,

Any body here stays in Paradise Hotel before? Its located near XI MEN DING. Any reviews about this hotel?? All comments much appreciated!!!
Old 27-04-2007, 08:20 PM   #7167

upupupup.

How do i get to Yang Ming Shan from Taipei? How long does it take?
From Ximenting: Ximen MRT Bus Stop - Exit 3- Bus 260 direct to YMS about 35 mins in the morning

Another half day option is Wulai: To MRT Xindian-Wulai bus from outside the station-40 mins to Wulai- Water fall, wulai old street,Aboriginal village.
Old 27-04-2007, 08:22 PM   #7168

Paradise is an old Hotel, I have not heard about it being refurbished. Dont you have any other options>> Are you tied to your Travel agent on this or can you book your own Hotel??
Old 27-04-2007, 09:52 PM   #7169
Supremacy Member

Hmm, Wulai v YMS.

Which would be a more scenic place for photography? Would 2.5 hrs be sufficient at these places? Travelling at casual pace that is.

Thanks nutty!
Old 27-04-2007, 10:45 PM   #7170

hi wanna ask for some taiwanese culture...
in taipei,
taiwanese wedding how do they hold their wedding event?
wedding banquet??
then what will be the usual gift for the wedding couple?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.