HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2007, 12:16 AM   #7171

not so sure about the 1280 one, i m quite happy with the 1180 one, there r 2 type, one is older room but space is bigger, the other one is newer but space is smaller, we choose the older one, because we prefer to have small space. i think it all depnd on ur preferance.
Booking is done by calling them directly, my fren ask for discount when we arrive lol, the receptionist look for a while n give ask abit of discount..
Location wise, it is really good, within 1min u will reach ximen metro exit 6.
Hiehie...is it a must to call them for booking? can i book thru email?

Besides, do you know wat is the diff btw 標準套房 and 雙人套房?

Is it convenient to go here from airport? freego bus? how much will it takes for return jouney and how much is the tickets?

Thanks a lot for your reply.
Old 28-04-2007, 12:38 AM   #7172

Futurestar Hotel isit...
I think must book through phone, i did that. Use the cheaper one lor from IDD, damn cheap anyway wad. I dun think they check email and the ICQ thing is always down. So just call lor. Can be trusted one lah... just call 1-3 days before u go to comfirm the booking.

i quite like the location and the 3 aunties that take care of the hotel. The hotel isnt that great though. The people are nice. Anyway, i dun think it makes a difference between the prices, afterall they all still queen size beds i tink. its just that the more expensive ones are newly renovated. I took the cheapest one 1080 (is there a price increase)... so its the highest floor one (out of 3 floors), so have to climb up. The more expensive ones are newer and nearer to the lobby at the 7th floor, so no need to climb. but u can ask them to open the lift for u to go up and down the 9th floor if u have luggage. (for security reasons they dun usually allow the lift to go beyond the 7th floor). i checked in twice into futurestar (after coming back from hualien), and had a different room, for the same price. Both had windows, but the second one is kind of bigger. (cant remember the number) Maybe u can try visiting going up the room and see den decide. coz if the hotel is not filled (which most likely would be the case), u probably can choose another room or upgrade lor. Anyway, there are windows for both rooms that i stayed in. I think they all have windows, but u probably wun get to see much out the windows anyway. Its either too small or kena blocked by the view. I mean the room is more like a place for u to rest and sleep for the night before shopping or traveling the next day. So, y do u need a window?

For me i didnt take the Freego bus, but i tink it should be quite convienent lah, i think u can tok to the bus driver (someone suggested it before on anothe forum) and ask if he can drop u near eslite 166 lor, since along the way. For me, i took guoguang to the train station to grab my train tickets to hualien then took cab to eslite 166, NT$100 i tink. And i tink u can ask the lady from the counter to arrange the Freego bus back to airport. I kind of remembered she asked me if i wanted to.... not sure... haha... coz i didnt do it, i took the mrt (with my luggage) to train station to take guoguang bus again.

Just doing some advertising for them, for the 200 dollar vouchers i got for staying with them last december. wonder if they still have them now.

http://lh4.google.com/image/kenkwan8...jpg?imgmax=144
http://lh6.google.com/image/kenkwan8...jpg?imgmax=512
Eh... This photo is taken from across the road, the side where the police station and the Red Theater is located. The entrance of Futurestar is located behind the 李炳辉 sign. Have to walk in the corridor and take a lift up to the 7th floor.

Last edited by l0nEr_; 28-04-2007 at 12:57 AM..
Old 28-04-2007, 01:08 AM   #7173

Anyway, why nobody thought of going Shifen. Shifen is such a nice place near Taipei also, take train to Ruifang and change train. But u have to plan your route nicely, coz the train from Ruifang is kind of limited. When i went there, i think my most enjoyable place of interest was shifen and dan shui. I got lost in Jiufen, so i shouldnt say anything much and it was raining and damn cold up in the hill (i never knew jiufen was a hill until i got there, i suck, im sorry) After going Jiufen, go Keelung, go visit miaokou. Another thing is somehow, i realise that Keelung's NIKE shoe was cheaper than that in Taipei. My friend wanted to buy this part of nike shoe. After walking XMD and Shilin and 101 area, we kind of realised that Keelung had the cheapest (cant remember the difference) of them all. I missed out on the sunset at danshui fisherman wharf due to the big fog though... DAMN...so thats Dan shui is my 2nd fav. place.

When u visit miaokou, try visiting the san xiong di dou hua dian (3 brothers beancurd store), i cant remember the name of the dish, some ice kachang thing, i think its damn nice, its some ice shavings with some things on it. Somebody enlighten me with the name? i cant remember. I didnt really like the Dou Hua (beancurd) coz they added Jiang inside. Perhaps its winter or what, but it puts me off. I think Rocher touhua is nicer.

(i think i sound like a mad crazy irritating Singaporean...lalalala)
Old 28-04-2007, 01:13 AM   #7174
Supremacy Member

Hiehie...is it a must to call them for booking? can i book thru email?

Besides, do you know wat is the diff btw 標準套房 and 雙人套房?

Is it convenient to go here from airport? freego bus? how much will it takes for return jouney and how much is the tickets?

Thanks a lot for your reply.
u have to call them, the ladyboss told me before i checkout that they don't do online reservation. i tried their email before, its useless.
not so sure what's the diff as i nvr seen the 1080 room, but the 雙人套房 have more than enough space for 2person imo.
it's convenient, just take freego bus, it bring u directly to the hotel. when u are coming back, just give them a call, and tell them ur flight departure time, they will arrange a time to pick u up, the ticket price is NTD135.
alternatively, u can ask the hotel to help u call freego, but i not sure what are the charges in this case.
Old 28-04-2007, 01:19 AM   #7175
Supremacy Member

Anyway, why nobody thought of going Shifen. Shifen is such a nice place near Taipei also, take train to Ruifang and change train. But u have to plan your route nicely, coz the train from Ruifang is kind of limited. When i went there, i think my most enjoyable place of interest was shifen and dan shui. I got lost in Jiufen, so i shouldnt say anything much and it was raining and damn cold up in the hill (i never knew jiufen was a hill until i got there, i suck, im sorry) After going Jiufen, go Keelung, go visit miaokou. Another thing is somehow, i realise that Keelung's NIKE shoe was cheaper than that in Taipei. My friend wanted to buy this part of nike shoe. After walking XMD and Shilin and 101 area, we kind of realised that Keelung had the cheapest (cant remember the difference) of them all. I missed out on the sunset at danshui fisherman wharf due to the big fog though... DAMN...so thats Dan shui is my 2nd fav. place.

When u visit miaokou, try visiting the san xiong di dou hua dian (3 brothers beancurd store), i cant remember the name of the dish, some ice kachang thing, i think its damn nice, its some ice shavings with some things on it. Somebody enlighten me with the name? i cant remember. I didnt really like the Dou Hua (beancurd) coz they added Jiang inside. Perhaps its winter or what, but it puts me off. I think Rocher touhua is nicer.

(i think i sound like a mad crazy irritating Singaporean...lalalala)
hmm i went to 3 brothers in keelung, the food is not bad, but i like the store besdie selling 三明治,its cheap and nice. the 泡泡冰 in miaokou is nt bad as well. 3 brothers can be seen easily in taipei as well, i ate their hot dou hua in shida night market as well, dun like it also, not use to the ginger perhaps.
danshui is nice, especially the 老街.
Old 28-04-2007, 11:43 AM   #7176

Thks nuttyazn,

Already tired to this hotel. Am wondering if the location is gd? Can i do any night shopping there? Am only staying there for 1 night so even if its old it shouldn't be much of a problem. Thanks!
Old 28-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #7177

Paradise is an old Hotel, I have not heard about it being refurbished. Dont you have any other options>> Are you tied to your Travel agent on this or can you book your own Hotel??
Thks nuttyazn,

Already tired to this hotel. Am wondering if the location is gd? Can i do any night shopping there? Am only staying there for 1 night so even if its old it shouldn't be much of a problem. Thanks!
Old 28-04-2007, 01:08 PM   #7178

Thks nuttyazn,

Then you have no problem:easy access to both Ximenting and Taipei main Station.Food and shopping close by.
Old 28-04-2007, 01:09 PM   #7179

Lots of rain expected for two months, CWB warns
By Loa Iok-sin
STAFF REPORTER
Saturday, Apr 28, 2007, Page 2
Expect a lot of rain in the next two months, the Central Weather Bureau warned yesterday as the nation's annual plum rain season approaches.
The natural weather cycle means the nation can expect heavy rainfall from mid-May through to mid-June, said Daniel Wu , director of the Weather Forecast Center at the bureau.
This period of time is referred to as meiyu jijie , meaning "plum rain season," as it coincides with the plum season.
Average temperatures in May will be in the low to mid-20s throughout the nation, except in the south where the average is expected to be from 26.9oC to 27.5oC.
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiw.../28/2003358562
Old 28-04-2007, 01:52 PM   #7180
Arch-Supremacy Member

hope it dont rain
will spoil the trip
Old 28-04-2007, 02:15 PM   #7181
Supremacy Member

w00t. Midmay to mid June. Pls don't let it happen earlier... pls..

But the cool weather is a real bonus!

Just wondering, if it rains, will night markets like Shilin and Raohe close totally?
Old 29-04-2007, 12:33 AM   #7182
Master Member

just came back frm taiwan last wk.. luckily on rain on 1st nite.. rain in taiwan for tourist is rather irritating as u wont wanna stay indoors.. visiting night market in wet weather is argghhhh..
Old 29-04-2007, 12:44 AM   #7183
Supremacy Member

Ohh. But do they close totally?
Old 29-04-2007, 08:30 AM   #7184
Master Member

just as an update, i notice a lot of tourist who visits shilin only visit the food area. And no, the food area dun close during rain. pls rem there's a BIG shopping area for shilin just 5 mins walk away from the food area. in the shopping there's actually a very nice dessert store (Ren Fa Ting) originated from Taichung. Currently, ice shavings are the craze though the original shop was famous for its "Mi-tou bin".
Old 29-04-2007, 02:29 PM   #7185
Banned

Hey me going taipei with friends in dec. Is Dec a good time ? winter right?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.