HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2007, 03:41 PM   #7186

i am going from 8-12 may.. i hope can avoid the rain as much as possible else it will be quite boring..
Old 29-04-2007, 04:29 PM   #7187
Supremacy Member

Since the rain may be impending, think I will adjust my schedule. The first night i touch down, i will go straight to Shilin if the weather is fine. Don't think i wanna take a risk of missing Shilin. The initial plan was to stay in XMD for the first night.
Old 29-04-2007, 05:01 PM   #7188
High Supremacy Member

Since the rain may be impending, think I will adjust my schedule. The first night i touch down, i will go straight to Shilin if the weather is fine. Don't think i wanna take a risk of missing Shilin. The initial plan was to stay in XMD for the first night.
i'll be too hungry by then... rather grab food from XMD

Old 29-04-2007, 05:16 PM   #7189
Supremacy Member

True. But probably take a cab down to Shilin, to cut down on hunger time.

Haha.
Old 29-04-2007, 05:37 PM   #7190
High Supremacy Member

True. But probably take a cab down to Shilin, to cut down on hunger time.

Haha.
waste $$$ lah...

doorstep XMD liao...

Old 29-04-2007, 05:39 PM   #7191
Banned

Hey me going taipei with friends in dec. Is Dec a good time ? winter right?
UPUPUP SIGH NO ONE ANSWER MY FAQ
Old 29-04-2007, 10:04 PM   #7192
Supremacy Member

if you like winter, den its good. But will have problems buying SG suitable clothes.
Old 29-04-2007, 10:06 PM   #7193
Supremacy Member

waste $$$ lah...

doorstep XMD liao...
True lah, thats why i think i should go elsewhere first. XMD is just downstairs.

Anyway, whats good in Danshui? Other than the sunset?

Is the LAO JIE worth taking a look? Which is the best spot for sunset?

How do i get to Fisherman's Wharf from Dan shui MRT?

Sorry for the long qns!!
Old 29-04-2007, 10:47 PM   #7194
Supremacy Member

lao jie is nice, alot of food store, then there is a museum which have weird animal and item..
三協城 has alot of nice 餅, u can sample them before u buy..
Old 29-04-2007, 10:52 PM   #7195
Supremacy Member

Hey thanks! Then i'll make a trip to Danshui, can anyone furnish me with more info abt Dan Shui?

Cheers
Old 30-04-2007, 12:09 AM   #7196
Supremacy Member

Another qn, are English movies dubbed in Mandarin in Taipei? Or are they kept as is?

Thinking of catching Spiderman there.
Old 30-04-2007, 01:13 AM   #7197

i am going from 8-12 may.. i hope can avoid the rain as much as possible else it will be quite boring..
i'm gg frm 5th to 12th.. hahaaa.. maybe will be on the same flight back..
Old 30-04-2007, 03:56 PM   #7198

Been awhile since I am back from Taipei. Was there from 13 Apr to 17 Apr with group of 6.Miss the days in taipei though very tiring. Been walking non-stop all the way. Lucky weather was kind to us, no rain at all.

here is my itnerary for reference.

13 Apr Fri
1745 - Free transfer from aiport to Seaons hotel and took around 45minutes to reached. Nice hotel with jacuzzi in toilet plus LCD tv. Quickly unload my bag. Walk 15 minutes to zhongshan station MRT. Buy Easy Card, cost NT500 (400 value, 100 refundable deposit).
1900 - Make my way to Jian Tian MRT. Take free bus to Miramar for ferris wheel. Cost around NT150 per ticket for weekday, NT200 for weekend. Nothing much to watch during 17 minutes ride. Kinda disappointed. Not highly recommended. Didn't shop at Miramar as it look like our TAKA and bus back to Jian Tian MRT. The bus stop to wait is at the other end of shopping centre. (opposite entrance of alightling) Frequency i guess is about 15 minutes.
2100 - Quicky zoom to Shilin Night Market. That place like earlier bros say it is divided into 2 part. 1 area is like our mini hawker centre while the other is big shopping area will some food stores also. Must try food include zha ji pai (fried chicken), teppakayi and milk tea. Trust me the fried chicken is so big and probably it is better to share with ur fren. Cost around NT45. Shopping till 12 midnight and take train back to zhong shan MRT. Enjoy the slow walk back to hotel.
0015 -On the way back, went to Ning Xia Night Market, nothing much except food.

14 Apr
0730 - Eat breakfast at hotel (was catered for my days in taipei). Taste So So. Free one, who cares.
0830 - Take MRT to long shan station to long shan si. Kinda new experiences for me seeing aunties and uncles chanting get together for morning prayers. Nice old temple which host lotsa of deities. Buy some amulets back.
0930 - Take MRT to CKS station to visit the CKS Memorial Hall. Watch he hourly change of guard parade at 1000hrs. Nice solemn place with a big square where you can see lotsa of people aged 7 till 30s playing instruments.
1030 - Take MRT to Ximending to walk walk. Nothing much to buy. Stay till 1200hrs
1200 - Take MRT to Zhong Xiong Dun Hua station for Ding Tai Feng. Must take queue number when reach there. Lotsa ppl waiting. Nice food, nice services.
1300 - Walk around zhong xiong underground mall. Nothing much, Feel like walking along bedok area.
1430 - Take MRT to Zhong Xiong Xin Sheng for Guang Hua Electronic Mall to buy electronic stuffs. Things there are cheap compare to singapore. While walking to Guang Hua, there are demonstration going on. Think they are asking TVB to close down with the recent fake news saga. Damn shiok, first time saw a demonstration going on. One thing for sure, it is a scence which you cant see in singapore.
1630 - Take MRT to Hou Shan Pi for Wu Fen Pu. For those who love shopping, this place is for you. Lotsa of shops, walk till you drop. Its about 5 times of bugis street shopping area.
2100 - Take Cab to Neo 19 shopping centre to have a nice buffet at restaurant. The concept is like Paris but with more food variety. Nice ice cream with servings of wine and beer too. Go there after 2130hrs to enjoy supper price. One bad point is the food kinda cool. Guess let it for quite some time liao. Overall nice experience.
2330 - Take bus back to hotel. Plently of tv channels at taipei. 101 channels. Sure have one that suit your taste

15 Apr
0830 - Take bus 260 at taipei main station to yang ming shan. Take bus 108 for internal route to YMS. First stop at XXXX (Cant rem the name). Walk around 45 minutes to some pond area where they grow something like lilies and Walk around 45 minutes back to bus stop. Tiring but luckily the weather is damn cooling. Much colder than genting i guess. Second stop to xiao yuo ken (guess i spell it wrongly). At there 810m above sea level, the fog is so thick and visibility on road is around 5m. Was tempted to climb to the top (1010m above sea level). But gave up as need to walk ard 1.5hrs up the rocky stairs. Take bus back to YMS bus station. Eat lunch at the small eatery there.
1300 - Take bus to xin beitou for hotsprings. Went to Springs Resort. Nice atmosphere and worth the money. Please take the free shuttle bus from xin beitou to resort. Dun be like me walk about 30minutes to reach there. So tired.
1630 - Take MRT to Dan Shui. Nice atmosphere there. Take boat to Yu Ren Ma Tou. Walk to the AI REN bridge. I guess bringing dogs out for walk in taipei is a norm thing for them. Can see them walk with hugh husky, golden retreiver.
2000 - Back to Dan Shui Old Street. Buy Ah Por Tie Dan. 100NT per pack. Can have discount if buy more.
2200 - Back to Jian Tian station for Shilin Night Market. More people were there compare to Fri.
2345 - Take MRT to Zhong Shan Station back to hotel. On the way buy instant noodles. So nice compared to singapore. Recommend the Ma Han Quan Si cup noodles.

16 Apr
0900 - Take Train to Ruifang to Jiufen (Buy ticket the day earlier, i think it is Zhi QIang Hao). Took 45minutes to reach there. Cross the road to take bus to Jiufen (ard 15 minutes). Love the place, bring back lotsa of memories seeing those things they sell. For me it is a must return place to visit if i am back in taipei again. Buy Tai Yang Bing at "Old Zhang" cake shop. Nice Nice. Eat lunch at shop selling fish balls and dai zai mian. Damn worth it and tasty.
1400 - Return journey to hotel to unload the packs of Bings we brought. Didnt go to ji long night marker as other guys will recommend as it is on the way.
1630 - Take MRT to Taipei City Hall Station to 101. Remeber to take free bus though it is 15minutes interval. Spend NT350 to take the fastest lift to 80+ storey to take a nice view of the city. Take a look at 101 basement foodcourt. Food aplenty and yummy. Worth a visit.
1900 - Take MRT to long shan station to Hua Xi Night Market. Not worth a visit for me, nothing much. so disappointed. Chop Chop eat dinner there.
2100 - Take MRT to Ximen station to take a walk in ximending.
2300 - As it is last night for us in taipei, most of us still do not want to sleep early. We went to carefour near our hotel to shop for cup noodle. Nearly bought a carton back.
0000 - Back to hotel to unload our stuffs, quickly take a cab to eslite bookshop at zhong xiong dun hua area. Buy some books. I guess taipei has a fantastic nightlive where there are lotsa places to go if you cant sleep late in the night.
0300 - Do some packing and sleep.

17 Apr
0900 - Check out of hotel though our check out time is 1200 noon. Back we still wan to do some last minute shopping so check out early and back to hotel at 1530 for our hotel transfer to airport.
0930 - Eat breakfast at Macdonalds as we want to try their pork sasuages.
1040 - Watch "Chi Qing" acted by Yang Chen Lin and Liang Rou Si. It cost NT190 per ticket as it is the morning shop. If not it will cost NT260.
1200 - Lunch at a noodle store in ximending for its beef noodle. Not bad.
1300 - Shop around taipei main station underground mall which links to zhong shan station.
1530 - Back to hotel for aiport

Guess what when we fly to taipei from singapore. Our combine weight for check in luggage is 23.7 kg for 6 ppl. When we fly back to singapore from taipei. Our combine weight for check in luggage is ard 70kg. Not forgetting we are carrying lotsa bags as hand luggages. Guest we had brought many many stuffs. Need to calculate the hole we burnt in our wallets. Overall worth the money for the trip which i enjoy alot.

Finally a big thanks to many bro here for helping me to plan my trip there. So many useful informations.

Edited on 15 Apr as i just remember we did went to Guang Hua Electronic Mall to buy electronics.

Last edited by colafantasy; 30-04-2007 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: correction
Old 30-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #7199
Supremacy Member

Very nice of you to share good info too.

May i know when you get to Dan Shui, how do i get to Yu Ren Ma Tou, Ai Ren Bridge and Dan Shui Old Street??
Old 30-04-2007, 06:15 PM   #7200
Arch-Supremacy Member

can someone ish tell me how to go to jiufen from ximen mrt there .........

moi ish staying at east dragon hotel ................................................

last time go jiufen ish tour guide bring one .................. this time wanna

go on my own .................. thank u

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.