HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2007, 02:20 PM   #7291

for my group, we settled the bill daily so they will give us the vouchers in the morning when we make payment...
Old 14-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #7292

sidetrack a bit, anyone know abt celebrity restaurants in taipei? those opened by jackey wu or zhang fei??

by the way, nutty i had requested for d itinery if possible already email/pm u. thank u

Last edited by ahmao00; 14-05-2007 at 04:07 PM..
Old 14-05-2007, 08:13 PM   #7293
Master Member

hi guys.. just wanna ask.. does wu fen pu sell clothes for working young lady age 20-30?
and when in taipei got sell car stuffs ah?
Old 15-05-2007, 11:47 AM   #7294

yup, they do sell office attire type of clothes. I assume you not refering to suits, but those mix and match type....

you can shop till you drop at wufenpu!
Old 15-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #7295

i will going to taiwan next week. Anyone been to taipei know where to get this moshi ipouch for handphone or ipod? It seem cheaper to get it in taipei. Thanks
Old 15-05-2007, 12:36 PM   #7296

Just came back from taipei last sunday. Nice place, wouldn't mind going again in the near future. Hee.. some pointers for pple going to taipei:

- I feel that visiting Yangmingshan is very time-consuming. I went on a weekday, and I spent alot of time waiting for the internal bus 108. (It's not possible to get to other attractions by foot coz YMS is really too big!) I only went to one attraction, and it cost me almost half a day. So I did not manage to visit other attractions there. So u really need to plan more time at YMS if u wanna visit everything.

- To get to the highest part of Tianmu (section 7, where the car cafe is), you should exit Shipai MRT, cross the traffic on ur right, and walk to the bus stop which is outside a shop called "Cosmed" and take bus 601, R19 or 224 to the terminal stop. Walk down the slope and the cafe will be on ur left. The cafe is quite empty on weekdays.

- Jiufen is a very nice place! A shopowner there told us that some background of the movie "Spirited Away" was actually inspired by Jiufen so you definitely got to see it for urself! It's better to get the train ticket to Ruifang at least one day before, so you will know the timing of the train and plan from there. I took a cab to Jiufen from Ruifang at NT150. An alternative if u are lazy to find the bus stop. Haha. The bus from Jiufen to Keelung is quite long and the bus stop to alight for Miaokou is not that obvious. Think it's best to ask the driver to tell you when the bus reaches the stop. From that stop, walk across the bridge and you will see Miaokou. The Keelung train station is not very near Miaokou. It's near the river and also next to a 7-11 and burger king. Dun have to buy the ticket back to Taipei Main station beforehand as the train is very frequent, unlike the one to Ruifang.

- Danshui & Yu Ren Ma Tou is a nice place too... Must go...

- Foodcourt at basement of Taipei 101 has a wide variety to choose from. So can plan to have ur lunch or dinner there if you are visiting 101.
Old 15-05-2007, 04:33 PM   #7297

Hi all, another qn here...

Do we need to buy ticket for the keyun bus to jiufen,keelung etc? Or do we just pay the fare when we board? and do NM like shilin,gongguan and huaxi st open in the afternoon?

Thanks in advance..
Old 15-05-2007, 04:45 PM   #7298

Hi,
You pay cash when you board the bus for Intercity travel.

Gongguan opens after 11am. Shihlin after 6.30 is best time and Huashi St , go only if you are in the area otherwise it is really not much now a days.
Old 15-05-2007, 04:52 PM   #7299

i will going to taiwan next week. Anyone been to taipei know where to get this moshi ipouch for handphone or ipod? It seem cheaper to get it in taipei. Thanks
You can check the Taipei City Mall (Underground Mall behind Taipei Main Station)
or
Guanghua Elec Center _After 10am in the Mornings. Closed every 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the Month. Nearest MRT is Zhongxiao/Xinsheng, Exit 4, turn right and walk to second junction, turn left at traffic lights-2 mins to Guanghua.
Old 15-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #7300

spending in taipei ard 100sgd per day is comfortable rite? not much shopping.
Old 16-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #7301

Where to get the duck tongue which is vaccuum pack (can brought back to sing) one from shilin? saw a show tat recommend near shilin (quite famous one) but i forgotten where is it liao
Old 16-05-2007, 11:21 AM   #7302

spending in taipei ard 100sgd per day is comfortable rite? not much shopping.
100SGD is about NT2170, does it include all the travelling fares?

if not travelling a lot each day and if you are going for the night markets and eat around there, think it should be okies..
Old 16-05-2007, 12:42 PM   #7303

100SGD is about NT2170, does it include all the travelling fares?

if not travelling a lot each day and if you are going for the night markets and eat around there, think it should be okies..
going for 7 days 6 nites. so i am bringing around 800 for the whole trip including travelling.
Old 16-05-2007, 01:04 PM   #7304

may i ask how to get to the ding tai feng main branch in taipei? Sun Yat-sen memorial hall station looks nearer to me than chunghsiao tunhua station. Am I rite?
Old 16-05-2007, 04:20 PM   #7305

may i ask how to get to the ding tai feng main branch in taipei? Sun Yat-sen memorial hall station looks nearer to me than chunghsiao tunhua station. Am I rite?
no i dun think so.. chunghsiao tunhua stop is nearer. someone can correct me if i am wrong. heheh..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.