HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2007, 04:25 PM   #7306

no i dun think so.. chunghsiao tunhua stop is nearer. someone can correct me if i am wrong. heheh..
I'm not sure about the main branch. But the one at SYS memorial hall is the branch, not main. It's 2 different outlets u guys are talking about i guess.
Old 16-05-2007, 04:54 PM   #7307
Supremacy Member

no i dun think so.. chunghsiao tunhua stop is nearer. someone can correct me if i am wrong. heheh..
there's 2 branch

the one near to zhongxiao dunhua and is behind ATT is not the main branch

main branch is at xinyi road
Old 16-05-2007, 07:09 PM   #7308

lol. got it thru some research. Anyway the main branch looks very inconvenient.
Going taipei next week. sorry about the many qns.. last min planning.

May i ask what is there to do in keelung? Things tat shouldnt miss as a tourist. lol.
I only know about miaokou nite market.

How do i get to keelung from jiufen. skipping beitou.

Last edited by xingkia; 17-05-2007 at 01:14 AM..
Old 17-05-2007, 01:48 AM   #7309

May i ask what is there to do in keelung? Things tat shouldnt miss as a tourist. lol.

Jus came back frm taipei...
Keelung is a must visit.. Recommended to buy all ur clothes there, cos its alot more cheaper there!
I went to jiufen 1st...getting off at ruifang train station and tk a bus up to the hill (jiufen).
There is no bus from jiufen to keelung... haf to take bus back to ruifang station.
Frm the take train to keelung. (Note, haf to switch train...)
Old 17-05-2007, 02:21 AM   #7310

Keelung is a must visit.. Recommended to buy all ur clothes there, cos its alot more cheaper there!
I went to jiufen 1st...getting off at ruifang train station and tk a bus up to the hill (jiufen).
There is no bus from jiufen to keelung... haf to take bus back to ruifang station.
thks for the info. i guess i'll just walk ard keelung and see wat i can do there then..
Old 17-05-2007, 10:48 AM   #7311

thks for the info. i guess i'll just walk ard keelung and see wat i can do there then..
when u come out of the train station, walk across a bridge and jus walk straight till u see a mac. (haf to walk underground pass)... den turn left...u can see the night market oredi
Old 17-05-2007, 12:42 PM   #7312

Hi,

Where did u shop at keelung? I only know of miao kow. any other place to recommend?
Old 17-05-2007, 01:53 PM   #7313

There is a bus from Jioufen to Keelung and vice versa-Just read the LED Signboard. If you are there early in Keelung , take a bus ride on No. 103- you can go to Bisha Fishing port and along the way there is a Recreational park with a 22.5 Mtr Kuan Yin Statue.

From Keelung, you can take the train or bus back to Taipei.

You need to go to Rueifang only if you are planning to go to Shifen and Pingshi.

Last edited by nuttyazn; 17-05-2007 at 01:56 PM..
Old 17-05-2007, 04:57 PM   #7314

can anybody give me directions on how to get to janfusan from taipei? the theme park
Old 17-05-2007, 05:05 PM   #7315

sidetrack a bit, anyone know abt celebrity restaurants in taipei? those opened by jackey wu or zhang fei??

by the way, nutty i had requested for d itinery if possible already email/pm u. thank u
Any takers to help on the above? Would appreciate it greatly. Am still going through all the pages @323 now lol, still not found any thread that spoke of Jacky Wu Shao Kao BBQ / Desert place(address) nor zhang fei (real one ... cos i understand that's a zhang fei restaurant tt looks like him and is named after him) restaruant address...

one question abt the HSR, i just wanna try for "shiok" so maybe take from taipei to banciao .. then in banciao anything to do huh? besides university of arts?

Nutty Thank you so much, i got ur recommended itinery. Planning mine and may post it up if i feel that it quite well done, but actually i quite impromtu so not sure if i will stick to my plans ahah
P.S Shawn: also thank you for the forwarded email when nutty was too busy to reply. Thank you both.
P.SII Somehow both ur email went to the yahoo spam folder
Old 17-05-2007, 05:14 PM   #7316
High Supremacy Member

Any takers to help on the above? Would appreciate it greatly. Am still going through all the pages @323 now lol, still not found any thread that spoke of Jacky Wu Shao Kao BBQ / Desert place(address) nor zhang fei (real one ... cos i understand that's a zhang fei restaurant tt looks like him and is named after him) restaruant address...

one question abt the HSR, i just wanna try for "shiok" so maybe take from taipei to banciao .. then in banciao anything to do huh? besides university of arts?

Nutty Thank you so much, i got ur recommended itinery. Planning mine and may post it up if i feel that it quite well done, but actually i quite impromtu so not sure if i will stick to my plans ahah
P.S Shawn: also thank you for the forwarded email when nutty was too busy to reply. Thank you both.
Jacky Wu Dessert shop (Take MRT to Zhongxiao Dun Hua station and get out at exit No.4, the shop is right there)

Old 17-05-2007, 06:47 PM   #7317

Will we be able to get a better exchange rate in Taiwan compared to changing in Singapore?
Old 17-05-2007, 07:18 PM   #7318

Hi,

Where did u shop at keelung? I only know of miao kow. any other place to recommend?
On ur way to the miao kow market, u'll see lots of similar shops like those in Ximen. Even along the night market, there are lots of shops too. Most are selling clothes...
Old 18-05-2007, 12:10 AM   #7319

Jacky Wu Dessert shop (Take MRT to Zhongxiao Dun Hua station and get out at exit No.4, the shop is right there)
thank you! his bbq restaurant no more? remember seeing it sometime back in his show ..
Old 18-05-2007, 12:17 AM   #7320

the zhang fei restaurant do u mean the da hu zi lu rou fan restaurant near Wu Fen Pu
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.