HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2007, 05:17 PM   #7336
Master Member

nutty, came across ur route plan for yeliu to jiufen to keelung miaokou..
coz i plan to stay 1 nite @ a minsu @ jiufen tink need to check in at 12..maybe have dinner @ keelung miaokou nite market or is there any nice place to have dinner @ that area?
i heard from my mum yeliu is oso a nice scenery place so tinking of visiting there..
so how's the travelling going to be like ah?

9am - take bus to yeliu
so the bus will take how long to reach there ah?

12noon-1pm - check in to minsu and walk ard jiufen (anything there to see @ tis time?)

5pm - travel to keelung and miaokou (by bus take how long?)
wanna ask is keelung near miaokou?

10pm - head back to jiufen minsu (travel by what is recommended?)

sry for asking so many questions.. but its my 1st time to jiufen lol.. thanks in advance
Old 21-05-2007, 07:54 PM   #7337
Supremacy Member

nutty, came across ur route plan for yeliu to jiufen to keelung miaokou..
coz i plan to stay 1 nite @ a minsu @ jiufen tink need to check in at 12..maybe have dinner @ keelung miaokou nite market or is there any nice place to have dinner @ that area?
i heard from my mum yeliu is oso a nice scenery place so tinking of visiting there..
so how's the travelling going to be like ah?

9am - take bus to yeliu
so the bus will take how long to reach there ah?
bus to yeliu from taipei takes approximately 1hr 40 mins, and it takes abt 10 mins to walk in from the main road to the entrance of ye liu. if u merely wanna take fotos of the mushroom rocks, ye liu will probably take like 20 mins, though if you wanna explore the whole yeliu and walk all the way to the end of the headland (which i did), it will take abt 2+ hrs.

12noon-1pm - check in to minsu and walk ard jiufen (anything there to see @ tis time?)

5pm - travel to keelung and miaokou (by bus take how long?)
wanna ask is keelung near miaokou?

10pm - head back to jiufen minsu (travel by what is recommended?)

sry for asking so many questions.. but its my 1st time to jiufen lol.. thanks in advance
u can either take bus to jiufen from keelung (approximately 1hr+, cant really remember since i slept most of the way) or take taxi to jiu fen from ruifang. anyway from ye liu there's only bus to keelung (approximately 1.5hrs), u will have to switch a bus from keelung to jiufen. frankly there's nothing much to see at jiufen, wouldnt take more than 2hrs to cover the whole place. though me and my friends took 2 hours just sitting on the rooftop of a teaplace, brewing tea and watching the sunset and enjoying the cool breeze.

i would advise u to just travel back to taipei from jiu fen, since it will only take like 1.5 hrs if u take a bus to rui fang and switch to a train from there.

oh ya, miao kou is a street in keelung... ask the bus driver where to drop off.
Old 21-05-2007, 09:14 PM   #7338
Master Member

oh thx thx.. btw any1 knows the number for the raffles, the arcade money changer? coz maybe i going down tomolo.. or anybody knows of any shops with good exchange rate?
Old 22-05-2007, 12:11 AM   #7339
Master Member

Those currently in Taipei or are going to Taipei, please visit CKS Memorial Hall. It is possible that the army change shift ceremory be terminated and the hall be locked.

News:
http://www.zaobao.com/zg/zg070521_508.html
Old 22-05-2007, 10:53 AM   #7340
Master Member

any1 knows of any money changer that give good rates? or anybody changed recently? wat's the rate like? 21.5?
Old 22-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #7341
Supremacy Member

Wink

Those currently in Taipei or are going to Taipei, please visit CKS Memorial Hall. It is possible that the army change shift ceremory be terminated and the hall be locked.

News:
http://www.zaobao.com/zg/zg070521_508.html
my friend was there last saturday, and got demonstration outside, damn xciting...i think the name change is going to be in effect very soon...no more cks memorial hall
Old 22-05-2007, 09:41 PM   #7342

anyone going taipei tomorrow?
me and my wife going tomorrow to sunday
Old 22-05-2007, 10:26 PM   #7343

anyone going taipei tomorrow?
me and my wife going tomorrow to sunday
will be going shortly after u come back. Could u then post abt how the weather's like over that? not meant to spoil ur mood but been checking out the forecast, it seems to be T-storm or raining all over
Old 22-05-2007, 10:32 PM   #7344

rain or shine will still go la
just think enjoy
thats e meaning of tour ba
will update
Old 22-05-2007, 10:36 PM   #7345

any1 knows of any money changer that give good rates? or anybody changed recently? wat's the rate like? 21.5?
21.6 at centre pt new wing basement.
Old 22-05-2007, 11:36 PM   #7346
Master Member

will be going shortly after u come back. Could u then post abt how the weather's like over that? not meant to spoil ur mood but been checking out the forecast, it seems to be T-storm or raining all over
wah rain all over ah? me going on 31 may to june 7.. so my trip be affected by the rain?
Old 22-05-2007, 11:51 PM   #7347

errm latest update from taiwan met services that light rain
thunderstorm is gone
but..............
thats just forecast based on cloud movement
Old 23-05-2007, 12:06 PM   #7348

Is the situation there safe? Or the demonstration is just at a small area only?
Old 23-05-2007, 12:21 PM   #7349
Supremacy Member

just stay a distance away and watch the demonstrations....u asking for trouble if u go and join them...one small spark will become fireworks..
Old 23-05-2007, 05:11 PM   #7350

u will get a voucher everyday u stay there, provided u never use the voucher.. if u used a voucher for that day, u will not be entitlted to a voucher for that day's stay...
hihi sanitizer, does it means that if i stay there for 4 days, i can get 4 vouchers if i pay everyday? if i would like to use up those vouchers, i can straight away give them on the 4th day? thx thx..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.