HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2007, 08:42 AM   #7381
Master Member

oh thanks thanks to all anyway was wondering if anyone stayed in the hotel in jian hu shan theme park b4? if its reasonable i might wanna plan a night there cos i heard the last bus down is at 7pm or so?
Old 29-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #7382

anyone knows how to get to Janfushan Themepark from Taipei? I am there on free and easy. I've tried the website but theres no clear directions to that place Is it easy to go there and should i book a room there? Thanks! Will be going around july.
Old 29-05-2007, 10:06 PM   #7383

Hi,
I can send you details in a day or two. The Hotel in their Website is 5 star.If you are looking for a Minsu in the near by area, I have some info "Somewhere" Will have try look for it.
There is a direct bus、Rer Tong Bus 日統客運、from Taipei Station to Janfusun departing at 6:20; the return bus departs from the Janfusun Prince Hotel (near the park entrance) at 17:20. Approximate round-trip ticket price is NT700.http://www.janfusun.com.tw/janfusun/two3.html
Taipei Office of Rer Tong Bus: 02-2558-3131
Southern Taiwan Office for reservations of return seats: (05) 532-6167

Last edited by nuttyazn; 29-05-2007 at 10:36 PM..
Old 29-05-2007, 10:33 PM   #7384

back from naruwan last sunday

no much rain except abt 30 min on 3rd night

if go shopping i suggest any girls to take mrt to gong guan just walk out of mrt a lot of shops much better than in wu fen pu and better quality, price same same and best of all u can try before buy not like in wu fen pu my wife bought a lot but cannot try. but have to go on weekend more offers and choices, after shopping theres one public park behind which was designed quite well that you would be refreshed and recharged.

we spend a day in wulai dipping in the natural hotspring shiok and best of all free but dun be like me never bring extra clthes just dip in with my original clothes and wait for it to dry before heading other places. just take mrt to sindian and take bus behind information counter a "wu lai ke yun" with easylink card and 25nt each reach e last stop and walk into the aboriginal village and you will see a slope down and wallla reach e hotspring.

we didnt go to much places as my wife only go out after 12 so only been to yeliou nice sight. but quite a long journey.

guys try to skip huaxi night mkt unless u wanna try somethings daring else dun waste time.

nowadays shilin is so packed and its something like our chinatown in new yr eve so packed and cant shop in peace.

and guys if u collected e receipts pls drop in box provided so that charity organisation could get the prize if won since you wont be able to collect e prize unless u work there or travel there often

tats all for e day
Old 29-05-2007, 10:43 PM   #7385

Hey man, Thanks for the update, good to read about the Freebie at Wulai!! It would be more family oriented with a lot of people just playing around there??
Old 29-05-2007, 11:09 PM   #7386

ya family oriented but i see more lovers or groups of friends than family but one word of caution move ur feet in inches not in fast pace as my wife almost got scalded by the hot water find a spot rearrange e stones to ur need and voila u get a spa with nature
Old 30-05-2007, 12:19 AM   #7387
Master Member

anyone knows how to get to Janfushan Themepark from Taipei? I am there on free and easy. I've tried the website but theres no clear directions to that place Is it easy to go there and should i book a room there? Thanks! Will be going around july.
hi, i've also went to JFS frm taipei. u can take a ke yun bus to there, the bus company name is solar. their station is somewhere at zhongxiao west road 2nd section, its beside a bridge.. the bus will bring u to a place and den transfer to a mini-bus where it will bring u to JFS..

alternative u can ask nutty if there is an easier way
Old 30-05-2007, 12:24 AM   #7388
Master Member

oh thanks thanks to all anyway was wondering if anyone stayed in the hotel in jian hu shan theme park b4? if its reasonable i might wanna plan a night there cos i heard the last bus down is at 7pm or so?
at nite i nt sure whether JFS is there any interesting anot but tat time when i went i reach at ard 10plus den play all the way to 5plus den took a cab down to yunling/douliu cos the i heard that the last bus is 5plus..

correct me if im wrong.. and there were ppl queueing up for the last bus so we took a cab down which he charged us by per head instead of meter, forgot the price but wasnt expensive though.. cos we had our backpacks with us, bus was troublesome..
Old 30-05-2007, 01:05 AM   #7389

From ximenting take MRT to taipei train station. then take ~3hr train ride to hualien (check out train timetable 1st). From hualien, either book a cabbie to take you around taroko, or rent a bike / car to drive yourself to taroko (the drive is ~1hr to reach taroko). u'll need at least ~3hr to tour around taroko on cab / bike.

suggestion is to stay-over in hualien. Hualien hv lots of Minsu, so its cheap & nice to stay, wkday shd cost u abt NT$1000 only, wkend ~NT$1500
Can share what special interest are there in hualien to do? Also if possible, pls do share info on some recommended minshu?

Thanks. Popping to Taiwan in Jul and now preparing the itinenary for it. Thanks in advance
Old 30-05-2007, 10:47 AM   #7390
Master Member

someone PM me regarding minsu in hualien. Let me reply here.
Try http://www.netete.com/stone
recommended by a lot of pple in this forum and i've personally stayed there. v. friendly owner
They've move to a new house constructed by the sea and I've notice they increase their price (but still affordable)
Just call her number to book and tell her you're recommended by singaporeans here.
(PS, make sure u dun spoilt her image of us singaporeans, ie meaning she dun take deposit for bookings but make sure you show up etc.). We do hv a v. good reputation with her. Regarding how to hv fun around hualien, I shall leave it to this minsu owner, but taroko gouge is a MUST visit for hualien.

My own experience -> She makes really nice breakfast for us and we even get choices. If you go during winter, forumers here say u can ask her to cook jiangmu duck (but comes at a small cost). seems like her specialty. Transportation is arranged by her. I think 1-day cab booking for taroko gouge is about NT$2000. She'll make the arrangement. Otherwise, if u wish to ride yourself, its abt NT$300 for 50cc bike. Car rental is about NT$1200.
Old 30-05-2007, 11:03 AM   #7391
Master Member

Hi i got an important question to ask. cos im booking from jetstar and it needs the passport expiry date. My passport expires in oct07 but i intend to travel in jul07 still can book or must have the 6 months validity thingy?
Old 30-05-2007, 11:05 AM   #7392
High Supremacy Member

Yes, HuaXi NM is a total waste of time.... unless you're there to try the NT150 snake soup

Old 30-05-2007, 01:30 PM   #7393
Master Member

quite a few questions recently on forum abt passport expiry. my advice is why dun you guys renew your passport say 1 yr before it expires? its a simple process nowadays and saves u a lot of uncertainty.
Old 30-05-2007, 02:27 PM   #7394

someone PM me regarding minsu in hualien. Let me reply here.
Try http://www.netete.com/stone
recommended by a lot of pple in this forum and i've personally stayed there. v. friendly owner
They've move to a new house constructed by the sea and I've notice they increase their price (but still affordable)
Just call her number to book and tell her you're recommended by singaporeans here.
(PS, make sure u dun spoilt her image of us singaporeans, ie meaning she dun take deposit for bookings but make sure you show up etc.). We do hv a v. good reputation with her. Regarding how to hv fun around hualien, I shall leave it to this minsu owner, but taroko gouge is a MUST visit for hualien.

My own experience -> She makes really nice breakfast for us and we even get choices. If you go during winter, forumers here say u can ask her to cook jiangmu duck (but comes at a small cost). seems like her specialty. Transportation is arranged by her. I think 1-day cab booking for taroko gouge is about NT$2000. She'll make the arrangement. Otherwise, if u wish to ride yourself, its abt NT$300 for 50cc bike. Car rental is about NT$1200.
Thanks that is very helpful. More or less settled for my first 2 day stay in Hua lien. Will be planning the next 5 days in Taipei.
Old 31-05-2007, 12:11 AM   #7395

Just came back from taipei yesterday.
Weather update: Super hot! Hotter than singapore!
Those who wan to go yang ming shan be prepared to sweat it out like me..
For those going to jiufen then miaokou, my advise is dont buy too much stuff at jiufen or u cant walk ard miaokou at all because it's too heavy n hot to walk..

Shared a cab with a hwzer to keelung. hope u still remember me.

P.S. Thx nuttyazn!

Last edited by xingkia; 31-05-2007 at 12:20 AM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.