HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2005, 12:32 PM   #736

I called them on their mobilephones. Try calling Chen Tai Tai first, if u cant get her, then get her son. I called her twice - once in S'pore n once in Taipei to confirm my arrival time in Hualian. She'll pick u up at the train station...

oic.. thanks a lot!
Old 06-04-2005, 02:57 PM   #737
Great Supremacy Member

Hi Beyondgal,

Thanks so much for the detailed information. Sounds great. Will probably take the trip to Alisan as suggested by you and stay a night. Hmm however as I only have 4 days in Taipei, not sure if we have the time to go to Hualian (which also sounds good. Between the 2 which is better? although as you can see I'm leaning towards Alisan as there are cherry blossoms.

Alisan and Juifen got what things to see?? only seneries?? got theme park or special place must go and see want?
Old 06-04-2005, 02:59 PM   #738
Great Supremacy Member

4 days i think just nice for Taipei only.... SO many place to cover
Old 06-04-2005, 03:26 PM   #739

Thanks where is Qing Jing Farm, did not see this in this thread of have I overlooked it.

BTW do you have any hotel or accommodation you are recommend at Alisan? or where can i book it or is it safe to go there and book?
There's a Ying Shan Hotel at Alishan, heard not bad. U can get more of the lodging infor at www.ali.org.tw also. The details r there I tried calling the Ying Shan Hotel the other time n i din haf to pay here. They allowed me to pay when i arrive there. But in the end, i din go there
Old 06-04-2005, 04:34 PM   #740
Master Member

There's a Ying Shan Hotel at Alishan, heard not bad. U can get more of the lodging infor at www.ali.org.tw also. The details r there I tried calling the Ying Shan Hotel the other time n i din haf to pay here. They allowed me to pay when i arrive there. But in the end, i din go there
Hi thanks a lot. will check it out and let you know if i stay there for a night.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:31 PM   #741

Thumbs up need help

Hi all

I am going to Taiwan for the first time
Need da ge & da jie advise on my itinerary

I am going there for 11 Days
4 days at Taipei & 1 day Shangrila Farm

Pls give me advise hw shld i plan my trip
i wanna go Hualien, Tai chong, Sun moon lake,
Kaoshiong (I'll fly bk fm Kao shiong)

Pls advise me any good hotels in those above areas
n places not to be missed (especially shopping)

thank you in advance
Old 07-04-2005, 09:49 AM   #742

Hi all

I am going to Taiwan for the first time
Need da ge & da jie advise on my itinerary

I am going there for 11 Days
4 days at Taipei & 1 day Shangrila Farm

Pls give me advise hw shld i plan my trip
i wanna go Hualien, Tai chong, Sun moon lake,
Kaoshiong (I'll fly bk fm Kao shiong)

Pls advise me any good hotels in those above areas
n places not to be missed (especially shopping)

thank you in advance

At taipei train station, take train to hualien
http://train.twtraffic.com.tw/english/

From hualien u can go to sun moon lake straight, and there is no train directly to Taichung from hualien
Take either Hualien Bus or Phoonyun Bus from Hualien train station, then get off at Tayuling, then transfer Phoonyun Bus to Taichung or Puli. Visitors heading further to Sun Moon Lake can also get off at Tayuling, then from Tayuling transfer Phoonyun bus to Puli (Nantou county), and take bus from Puli to Sun Moon Lake. Phoonyun bus schedule at Tayuling 9:00, 10:00, 14:00

And from Taichung to kaohsiung u can easily get a train from their train station.

I will be staying at Twinstar Hotel at Taichung and Gear Hotel at Kaohsiung. Both hotels are near the train station and are pretty well priced
Old 07-04-2005, 07:46 PM   #743
Great Supremacy Member

think of visiting toroko and sun moon lake look like this 2 place can choose either one..
Old 07-04-2005, 09:35 PM   #744

yup yup... if u got extra time to spare can travel down to tainan from hualien also
Old 08-04-2005, 10:25 AM   #745
Master Member

i think he took the SQ promo earlier... $288 for return exclude tax. with tax $381. cos mine also
where u all book? can pm me the link? coz i am comparing the prices... thx in advance...
Old 08-04-2005, 01:46 PM   #746
Great Supremacy Member

where u all book? can pm me the link? coz i am comparing the prices... thx in advance...

i think the promotion is over
Old 10-04-2005, 10:48 AM   #747

Hi all,
After reading this forum, i really like what u guys really intro bout taipei. Anyways i will be heading to taipei for the 2nd time as the first time is with the SAF. i will be going on the 25-29th of april.. staying at rainbow. so any good places for sightseeing and not to ignore the shopping time? i will be taking jetstar asia.. any comment on the airline? plus reaching taipei ard evening.. so we plan to go shilin straight away on that nite.. after that any good place to intro?? i mean really worth the visiting of that place.. thanks a lot
Old 11-04-2005, 09:46 AM   #748

Hi Rawlinson

Thks for yr detailed info, so its advisable to go hualien-sun moon lake-taichong

any nice places to recommend & its a must go
in taichong, hualien & kaoshiong

Tainan worth to go or nt

Thank you

Hi others

if u have any must go places to recommend, pls do so
& especially on nite mkts & value for $ shopping areas
thks a lot
Old 11-04-2005, 04:29 PM   #749

Hi all,
After reading this forum, i really like what u guys really intro bout taipei. Anyways i will be heading to taipei for the 2nd time as the first time is with the SAF. i will be going on the 25-29th of april.. staying at rainbow. so any good places for sightseeing and not to ignore the shopping time? i will be taking jetstar asia.. any comment on the airline? plus reaching taipei ard evening.. so we plan to go shilin straight away on that nite.. after that any good place to intro?? i mean really worth the visiting of that place.. thanks a lot

I maybe bumming into u then, I checking into rainbow on 28th april
25th is a monday, so u cant go clubbing at night (unless u like to dance with air)
I suggest just stay at shilin and walk ard the whole place

Anyway I heard from alot of people Tianmu is a great place for shopping, so anyone going to taipei can go and check it out
Old 11-04-2005, 04:33 PM   #750
Arch-Supremacy Member

Like u said it is monday. Even shilin is quiet. Less illegal roadside stall...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.