HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2007, 07:51 PM   #7486
Master Member

Shilin night market is popular place. Very packed with crowd.

If you have been to Shilin before, you can consider 公馆 night market. A lot of foods and shops with reasonable prices, because many students from nearby university.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:53 PM   #7487
Master Member

My friend said the rain stopped in Taipei. So good news for those going soon.
Old 13-06-2007, 01:04 AM   #7488
High Supremacy Member

wheres 公馆?
i asked my friend she say tainan still got rain. but not much of a bother
Old 13-06-2007, 11:49 AM   #7489
Master Member

Weather is the main concern.
taiwan news always say here flood, there heavy rain... seems like quite unstable
Old 13-06-2007, 01:14 PM   #7490
Master Member

wheres 公馆?
i asked my friend she say tainan still got rain. but not much of a bother
Information on Taipei night markets.
http://taipeitravel.net/article.asp?...d=563&pageNo=1
Old 13-06-2007, 01:53 PM   #7491

Hi NightWish!

Some pointers for u as I jus cam bk from TW last week.

Day1 (22/06/07 Friday)
1300 Departure
1500 CKS airport ETA
Check In hotel
ShiLing / Miramar

- You will prob reach CKS at 1700. Flight by jetstar is about 4 hrs. (no idea wat flight you are taking)
- Need to Freego bus to XMD area takes about 1 hr +
- I reached hotel in XMD area at about 1900.
- Get an easycard (500NTD, 400 value, 100 deposit) from the MRT station. The deposit and unused value will be refunded when u return the card on the last day. There is also a 10% discount on rides if oyu use Easycard
- Shi ling is a gd place to start the night with. Some recommendation include: Hao Da Da Ji Pa (45 NTD), BB tea (40 NTD), Hot plate beef steak with pasta (150 NTD), Fried oysters (30 NTD), Da bing bao xiao bing (30 NTD), Super large tw xiang chang (60 NTD for small portions). There are more food stuff at the shopping area of Shilin you can try too. Fruits look super nice and fresh too! Recommend Guava for fibre to conunter all the night market you are gonna take.
Take note! There is a road side stall that sells BBQ corn with some special sauce tt looks damm gd. Ask for the price first as they go by weight! Erm...I paid about 6 SGD for one corn on a stick. U may want to consider if it's worth it. haha!

-I did not go for the ferris wheel ride at Miramar as I did not think it's worth the time and money. Whole nite at Shilin and headed bk to hotel for a packed day the next day.

Hope this helps! Will commend on your other days later!
Old 13-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #7492

Thank You :)

Hi all out there... thanks for all ur info, which made our trip to Taipei possible

I had juz came back from Taipei (5 Jun -12 Jun). It was raining for the 8 days we were there. Some days juz drizzling on & off, some days quite heavy rain, some days oni morn and late evening rain.. So gotta rearrange the itinerary depending on the weather..

Btw the ferry ride to Yu Ren Ma Tou is now NT$50 per way. Also the tram ride up to cable car station (Wulai) is now closed from 6/4 to 7/13 or 7/14 (if din remember wrongly). If wan go up to cable car station, need to take cab (NT$200 per way)

Will provide more info later after unpacking stuff.. haha... tat's all for now
Old 13-06-2007, 05:05 PM   #7493
High Supremacy Member

Information on Taipei night markets.
http://taipeitravel.net/article.asp?...d=563&pageNo=1
thank you very much
Old 13-06-2007, 05:08 PM   #7494
High Supremacy Member

Hi NightWish!

Some pointers for u as I jus cam bk from TW last week.

Day1 (22/06/07 Friday)
1300 Departure
1500 CKS airport ETA
Check In hotel
ShiLing / Miramar

- You will prob reach CKS at 1700. Flight by jetstar is about 4 hrs. (no idea wat flight you are taking)
- Need to Freego bus to XMD area takes about 1 hr +
- I reached hotel in XMD area at about 1900.
- Get an easycard (500NTD, 400 value, 100 deposit) from the MRT station. The deposit and unused value will be refunded when u return the card on the last day. There is also a 10% discount on rides if oyu use Easycard
- Shi ling is a gd place to start the night with. Some recommendation include: Hao Da Da Ji Pa (45 NTD), BB tea (40 NTD), Hot plate beef steak with pasta (150 NTD), Fried oysters (30 NTD), Da bing bao xiao bing (30 NTD), Super large tw xiang chang (60 NTD for small portions). There are more food stuff at the shopping area of Shilin you can try too. Fruits look super nice and fresh too! Recommend Guava for fibre to conunter all the night market you are gonna take.
Take note! There is a road side stall that sells BBQ corn with some special sauce tt looks damm gd. Ask for the price first as they go by weight! Erm...I paid about 6 SGD for one corn on a stick. U may want to consider if it's worth it. haha!

-I did not go for the ferris wheel ride at Miramar as I did not think it's worth the time and money. Whole nite at Shilin and headed bk to hotel for a packed day the next day.

Hope this helps! Will commend on your other days later!
thank you very very much for your advice
if got better way to plan do let me know ^^
Old 13-06-2007, 05:17 PM   #7495

Take bus to xin beitou for hotsprings. > which bus to xin beitou for hotspring? take bus at YMS bus station?
Take bus 230 to xin beitou (the bus stop is opposite the Chunghwa Post station, which is slightly further down from the YMS 260 bus stop). From xin beitou, take the free shuttle (can check out the timing for the resort you wish to go - for most, the bus comes on hourly basis).
Old 13-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #7496

any theme parks with roller coasters near taipei?
if i take cab from taichung bullet train station to janfusun around how much? or which bullet train station i take cab is the cheapest to get to janfusun?
there is liu fu chun
http://www.leofoo.com.tw/village/
this is at taoyuan, which is near taipei, this has rollercoasters plus a small zoo.
think the rollercoaster is not bad. =)
sorry cant help regards to the train qn cos i only know taipei stuff
Old 13-06-2007, 05:22 PM   #7497

Hi guys can help me in navigating from taipei say ximenting to Jian Hu San theme park? say bus or train etc. Heard the new high speed train can go too? how much is it anyone knows? thanks in advance!
You can check this site: http://www.thsrc.com.tw/tw/ticketing/fare.asp for the fares. Do allocate some time for delay. When we took the HSR to Hsinchu on 8/6/2007 (just to try the HSR train), it was delayed for abt 9 or 10+ mins. Hope this is of help to you.
Old 13-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #7498

Sorry bro i be going to taipei on early july so is our hp charger ablr to use it at taipei? Is there any needs for me to buy those adapter?
Old 13-06-2007, 09:44 PM   #7499
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sorry bro i be going to taipei on early july so is our hp charger ablr to use it at taipei? Is there any needs for me to buy those adapter?
yes,u need to get the 2 pin adapter
Old 13-06-2007, 10:02 PM   #7500
Arch-Supremacy Member

may i know how much is roughly air ticket thru and fro taipei? cheapest?

planning a 1 week trip to go as much place as possible..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.