HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2007, 11:09 AM   #7606
Supremacy Member

thanks a lot timsum for the comment
btw is it easy to get around jiufen? does my iternary provide the right way to go
there?? you also mention tat " take a train from songshan back to Taipei and transfer mrt to longshan" so there is two type of train transport in taipei but is near each other??
sorry for asking so much.. a bit blur blur
hehe thanks for ur help anyway

yes..railway and mrt
Old 29-06-2007, 11:22 AM   #7607
cyg

What food must try?
Ah Zhong Mian Sian
Smelly beancurd
Guan Chai Ban (coffin plate)
Fried chicken cutlet Hao Da Ji Pai (Shilin XXL fried chicken)
Re Chuan Takopachi
Pig/duck blood
cold noodles (leng mian)
mian2 mian2 bing1 (icy desserts),
cup noodles that are available at 7-11
dessert like Peanut ICE and Mango Surprise or " Mang2 Kuo Shuang4"
San Xiong Mei Ice - A lot of ingredients and feel so shiok esp during hot weather!
Da Chang Bao Siao Chang - V unique of sausage wrapped with the Da Chang which is made of glutinious rice...
Da Bing Bao Siao Bing
Xi Duo Wu Buffet - Biggest feast ever! Make sure u go with an empty stomach!
Fei Tian Steamboat - Nice and superb hot, If u can't take too spicy, ask the waitress to add plain soup over the mala soup.

wooo thanks

for Xi Dou Wu Buffet and Fei Tian steamboat where r the located ????

and anymore

things to suggested :p
Old 29-06-2007, 11:55 AM   #7608

Jus came back from 6d5n trip from taipei.

Taoyuan airport to TS hotel by Freego Bus: Did not drop us at the door of the hotel but at one of the mrt exit near to partyworld ktv. ask the driver for directions to the hotel. For return jus call the freego urself or ask the hotel to call for u n they will pick u up outside the hotel.

As recommended, the hotel was really quite gd considered tat i even stayed in the NT1,280 room without window n bathtub. the hotel is clean n new n the staffs there r reallie friendly n helpful. for universal plug can jus borrow from them n return back when checkout.

The bags n shoes there seems a bit out or maybe the fashion is back again? dunno.. n the ppl there oso dress in shorts n slippers n sandals. overall the trip was not quite as i had expected. the food or the shopping... maybe saw too much of their variety shows n tot its as fun as it seems...

Places visisted (Random):
1. Shilin Night Market - recommended(lotsa food n shopping)
2. Miramar Ferris Wheel - not much unless u wan to take the ferris wheel
3. Ximending - shopping wise shilin seems better
4. Jioufen - can go for a different exp from city. got some teahouse or small restaurants tat hv a mountain/seaview
5. Taipei 101 - not recommended unless u wan to go the observatory tower. if jus wan to take pic, can take a pic of it when visiting sys memorial hall.
6. Raohe Night Market - shilin night market better. but if u go wufenpu, then can go there. take railway to songshan station will be better than taking the MRT as from MRT to raohe needs to walk quite a distance.
7. Wufenpu Fashion District - prices almost the same as in ximending or shilin
8. Beitou - unless u wan go hotspring if not nothin there
9. Bitan - recommended(can go paddle the swan boat. quite fun. there r oso small shops n lu bian tan like dan shui.)
10. Taipei Citymall - very lousy
11. Longshan Temple - jus pray there n take some pics
12. 钱柜 KTV at Ximending - posh environment n gd service with toilet in every room. can bring in ur own food but needs to spend a min of NT$60 besides the per person charge n needs to pay NT$150 of cleaning fee. overall price almost the same as in sg.
13. Martyrs’ Shrine - see the change of guard. not bad.
14. National Palace Museum - jus take pics.
15. C.K.S Memorial Hall - jus take pics.
16. Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall - see some exibitions n take pics.
17. 我猜Recording at CTV - Recommended for a exp. can c some artiste too. the recording i went was S.H.E last recording as they had quit guessx3 again.
18. Danshui/Fishermans' Wharf - recommended(can draw comic drawings of urself there. drew for NT$600 for 2 persons in a drawing. quite fun. the danshui lao jie oso not bad. take a ferry to fishermans' wharf to c sunset but mus depend on weather.)
19. Gongguan - some shopping n eating
20. Take the bullet train to taoyuan n back to taipei - for fun n exp to take bullet train onlie.
Old 29-06-2007, 12:13 PM   #7609
Master Member

Jus came back from 6d5n trip from taipei.

9. Bitan - recommended(can go paddle the swan boat. quite fun. there r oso small shops n lu bian tan like dan shui.)
bro may i ask how to get there? is it xiaobitan mrt station?
Old 29-06-2007, 12:43 PM   #7610

If u fast hand fast leg type, yes, can do these in one day with proper planning.

But the problem is that i need to waste alot of time waiting for train to transfer from Ruifang to Shifen.. I check the train timing and they don't really match.... after completing Shifen, it will be around 12 noon... thinking of skippin yeliu for my trip...
Old 29-06-2007, 12:56 PM   #7611
Master Member

But the problem is that i need to waste alot of time waiting for train to transfer from Ruifang to Shifen.. I check the train timing and they don't really match.... after completing Shifen, it will be around 12 noon... thinking of skippin yeliu for my trip...
The train schedule to Shifen is the reason I skipped Shifen waterfall for my last 2 trips.
Old 29-06-2007, 01:40 PM   #7612

bro may i ask how to get there? is it xiaobitan mrt station?
is at xindian station.. walk for bout 5 min n u will get there. ask for directions if u r lost or see the significant red colour bridge there.
Old 29-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #7613

Hi, may I know how to get those post-paid sim cards in taiwan? do i need to register etc? what r the typical available dominations? i think it'll be much cheaper than roaming...

tks!
Old 29-06-2007, 03:52 PM   #7614

The train schedule to Shifen is the reason I skipped Shifen waterfall for my last 2 trips.
yah.. agreed... need alot of time to get there.. i put it in my itinerary for the past 2 trips but in the end skip the place too... not sure if its worth the time to travel there..
Old 29-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #7615

yah.. agreed... need alot of time to get there.. i put it in my itinerary for the past 2 trips but in the end skip the place too... not sure if its worth the time to travel there..
I saw the photos of the waterfall in shifen... Its definitely worth going if you are going for scenery...
Old 29-06-2007, 11:39 PM   #7616
High Supremacy Member

Please skip Shi Fen waterfall

- NT180 entrance fee does not justify looking @ just 1 waterfall
- When I was there, the waterfall was brown...

Last edited by o0KelviN0o; 30-06-2007 at 09:58 AM..
Old 29-06-2007, 11:43 PM   #7617
High Supremacy Member

Hi

i be going to taipei at the end of july
got any food that is a must try while there ????
don't forget to try duck noodles @ Ya Rou Bian - Xi Men Ding & TaoYuan Street beef noodles...

Old 30-06-2007, 09:24 AM   #7618

hi guys,

u guys book ur hotel straight frm the tw website?
how u guys pay for the charges?if by credit cards how is the rate going?like UOB?
Old 30-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #7619
Master Member

err..... tht's a long time at shifen. there's really nothin' at shifen. actually, i was v. surprise that shifen even feature as a place to visit after coming into this forum. the only time i pass by shifen is to go for the 15th day CNY celebration held in a little place near that area where they'll release hundreds of heavenly lantern. tht was back in 2000, the water fall area was still being constructed & we were able to peep over the fencing. really.... nothin' amazing abt the tiny fall.

i'm not sure of the train schedule, but shifen is like a 10min waterfall visit. yeliu on the other hand is worth a 2hrs visit.
Old 30-06-2007, 01:43 PM   #7620

A not-so-detailed itinerary from my blog. those interested can check it out because got pictures

nutty: you want me to host the email itinerary so you dont have to forward everyone all the time? i still have it in my inbox.
Hi bro u still have the itinerary? Can u e mail to me at kchinbeng@yahoo.com.sg. Thanks in advance. I be going to taipei in another few more days.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.