HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2005, 04:48 PM   #751

Hi Rawlinson

Thks for yr detailed info, so its advisable to go hualien-sun moon lake-taichong

any nice places to recommend & its a must go
in taichong, hualien & kaoshiong

Tainan worth to go or nt

Thank you

Hi others

if u have any must go places to recommend, pls do so
& especially on nite mkts & value for $ shopping areas
thks a lot

Its okie, the information is given to me by someone from www.virtualtourist.com
Since u are travelling to so many places, it is advisable for u to expect things to go wrong in between. Someone once said 'Half the joy of travelling is in the planning, and the other half is when things go wrong'

There is this very famous nightmkt at taichong call 逢甲夜市 and the local said it is better than shilin. And heard 精明一街 sells alot of clothes and interesting stuff.

For kaohsiung, i actually have no idea what to do there... haha... maybe go visit Confucian temple or lotus lake. Basically i will just go there and wonder ard before going to taipei for my major shopping trip!!!
Old 11-04-2005, 11:58 PM   #752

I maybe bumming into u then, I checking into rainbow on 28th april
25th is a monday, so u cant go clubbing at night (unless u like to dance with air)
I suggest just stay at shilin and walk ard the whole place

Anyway I heard from alot of people Tianmu is a great place for shopping, so anyone going to taipei can go and check it out

Thanks.. where's tianmu?? in taipei also?? well.. i dun realli care bout clubbing.. but monday nite shilin also quiet?
Old 12-04-2005, 03:24 PM   #753
Master Member

Hi Kahlan, hope these can be of help :p

1. I would suggest u to spend a nite over at alishan. Arrange for a sunrise-watching trip wif ur hotel there cos its really worth it. U can take a 8.30am bus from Taipei railway station to jiayi (嘉義). From here, take the 1.30pm train-ride up alishan. U might be able to watch cherry blossom during this period of time U can find all other info ie hotel stay from this website - www.ali.org.tw

2. Jiufen is in Taipei hence gg there is rather easy, trip can be done in a day - http://phys.cts.nthu.edu.tw/workshop...sportation.htm
Hualian is abt 3hrs away from Taipei (if u take the cheaper train from Taipei railway station). Again, its better to spend a nite there to explore the place. U can get more infor on lodging at this website - http://www.poja.com.tw/ (Minsu is staying over at other ppl's house, the one i went to plays a very gd host n can be contacted at http://home.kimo.com.tw/ix0701/index.htm)

3. http://www.tbm.idv.tw/ - Main website for transportation in Taiwan
Hi Beyondgal,

Due to time constraint, my friend rather go to Hualian for a day trip instead of spending the night there. Can we take the earliest train there (3 hours journey) and come back in the evening and spend a couple of hours there? Is it easy to move around when we are in hualian, probably would want to to the Taroka National Park.

Heard train ticket to Hualian is NT890. That's pretty expensive.

Last edited by Kahlan; 12-04-2005 at 04:26 PM..
Old 12-04-2005, 04:18 PM   #754

Hi Beyondgal,

Due to time constraint, my friend rather go to Hualian for a day trip instead of spending the night there. Can we take the earliest train there (3 hours journey) and come back in the evening and spend a couple of hours there? Is it easy to move around when we are in hualian, probably would want to to the Taroka National Park.
wah...thatz a bit rush leh... cos the earliest train ride is 8+. By the time u reach there, it's abt 12+. The half-day tour starts immediately from there (they pick u from train station n head straight to Taroko Gorge). The half day tour end at abt 5. The latest train ride back to taipei is abt 5+ also.... hmm.... think u wont be able to make it leh...
Old 12-04-2005, 04:25 PM   #755
Great Supremacy Member

wah...thatz a bit rush leh... cos the earliest train ride is 8+. By the time u reach there, it's abt 12+. The half-day tour starts immediately from there (they pick u from train station n head straight to Taroko Gorge). The half day tour end at abt 5. The latest train ride back to taipei is abt 5+ also.... hmm.... think u wont be able to make it leh...
really?? that time i see joanlee post she take 7am eraly morning train reach there ard 10AM then start tour 1030am ... train come back to taipei also can be quite late right??

http://train.twtraffic.com.tw/english/

they got train every hrs leh...
Old 13-04-2005, 12:04 AM   #756

really?? that time i see joanlee post she take 7am eraly morning train reach there ard 10AM then start tour 1030am ... train come back to taipei also can be quite late right??

that'll really depend on how u wanna tour, cos personally i dun like to rush things... u also haf to source for the day tour that starts n end at the time that matches ur train ride. They haf train every hr but that'll depend on the type of train u taking - The express type or those that stops every stop...
Old 13-04-2005, 06:43 AM   #757
Great Supremacy Member

that'll really depend on how u wanna tour, cos personally i dun like to rush things... u also haf to source for the day tour that starts n end at the time that matches ur train ride. They haf train every hr but that'll depend on the type of train u taking - The express type or those that stops every stop...

K thanks.. boipain actually i want to stay one night in hualien.. but i think most hotel check in and out ard 12 noon this make me very hard to plan the day tour.. have to lug the luggauge ard and wait.. want to cut down on the waiting.. maybe will book minsu will consider duo
Old 13-04-2005, 08:57 AM   #758
Master Member

Thanks, will look to try to see if i can catch the early morning train to Hualian, join the half day tour then.
Old 13-04-2005, 09:04 AM   #759

Yup. Took morning Train.. then caught the 5pm train back to Taipei.
Old 13-04-2005, 09:07 AM   #760

The train which I took wasn't the earliest.. think it starts 6+ onwards..
Old 13-04-2005, 09:27 AM   #761
Master Member

The train which I took wasn't the earliest.. think it starts 6+ onwards..

Ok will try to check for the earliest train.

By the way, how does one goes to Yang Min Shan? Is it convenient to take MTR or by bus and from where? Is it easy to walk around there on your own. How long does one need to spend time there?

Last edited by Kahlan; 13-04-2005 at 11:05 AM..
Old 13-04-2005, 02:42 PM   #762

after much reading..didnt see anyone advise on how to get to Yang Ming Shan the most convenient way... ?? anyone can advise ? Is it OK to go in May ?
Old 13-04-2005, 03:30 PM   #763
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yang ming Shan can take bus from taipei main station.
It will bring u up to yangming shan.
When over there take another bus to move around the hill.
Frankly nothing much there. Most interesting things maybe the farm there.
Dont go on tue or was it wed cannot rem. The tourist center there is not opened.
Old 13-04-2005, 03:32 PM   #764
Arch-Supremacy Member

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=731975

Refer to the above thread for more infor to go yang ming shan
Old 13-04-2005, 04:37 PM   #765
Master Member

Yup. Took morning Train.. then caught the 5pm train back to Taipei.

Hi Joan,

Did you join the half day tour there? Or did you go around on your own? Do you know how much for the train ticket to Hua Lian?

Was just wondering if it is too rush.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.