HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2005, 06:16 PM   #766

Thanks.. where's tianmu?? in taipei also?? well.. i dun realli care bout clubbing.. but monday nite shilin also quiet?

Tian Mu is at taipei also... its like our holland V but got more clothes to buy
Btw, Taiwan Currency is dropping now.... good for us sia
Old 13-04-2005, 06:36 PM   #767
High Supremacy Member

Tian Mu is at taipei also... its like our holland V but got more clothes to buy
Btw, Taiwan Currency is dropping now.... good for us sia
any MRT station nearby?
Old 13-04-2005, 06:38 PM   #768
High Supremacy Member

Its okie, the information is given to me by someone from www.virtualtourist.com
Since u are travelling to so many places, it is advisable for u to expect things to go wrong in between. Someone once said 'Half the joy of travelling is in the planning, and the other half is when things go wrong'

There is this very famous nightmkt at taichong call 逢甲夜市 and the local said it is better than shilin. And heard 精明一街 sells alot of clothes and interesting stuff.

For kaohsiung, i actually have no idea what to do there... haha... maybe go visit Confucian temple or lotus lake. Basically i will just go there and wonder ard before going to taipei for my major shopping trip!!!

- famous nightmkt at taichong call 逢甲夜市
- 精明一街

any nearby MRT stations ?
Old 13-04-2005, 07:10 PM   #769

any MRT station nearby?
Tian Mu Sec 7. You can get Polo ,Boss, Adidas e.t.c. in the Export Factory Outlets.

Nearest MRT will be T22: Mingteh station

Take a bus ride. It is a straight road. From Chung Shan North Road Sec 1 up to Sec 7(Tian Mu) Bus Number 220 from the Taipei Train Station.Will cost you NTD30/- per head for the trip . Get off at the last stop at the top of the sloap and walk down.

Tian mu is quite near yang ming shan, so i planned to go there first in the morning and then go tian mu in the noon.
Old 13-04-2005, 07:27 PM   #770

- famous nightmkt at taichong call 逢甲夜市
- 精明一街

any nearby MRT stations ?

Nope.... taichong dun have mrt from what i know.

For 逢甲夜市 take bus 35 from 台中車站 to 僑光技術學院
It is pretty far away... buses 125, 22, 25 37, 135, 3 also goes there... but i dunno where is the bus stops

For 精明一街
客運:搭乘仁友10、30、40路公車,在文心路與南屯路交叉口處下,步行約10分鐘即抵

I copy from chinese website one.. hope u understand!
Old 14-04-2005, 12:07 AM   #771
Supremacy Member

http://crazy_azn1.tripod.com/taiwan/
Old 14-04-2005, 12:21 AM   #772
Master Member

any1 can tell me wat is e rate 4 keymans hotel? (went thru last 20++ pages, so mani info, mayb some1 post it but i missed it )

thx in adv~~
Old 14-04-2005, 01:37 AM   #773

wah...thatz a bit rush leh... cos the earliest train ride is 8+. By the time u reach there, it's abt 12+. The half-day tour starts immediately from there (they pick u from train station n head straight to Taroko Gorge). The half day tour end at abt 5. The latest train ride back to taipei is abt 5+ also.... hmm.... think u wont be able to make it leh...
tats wrong.
the earliest train to hualien is ard 0600, BUT u haf to book early. maybe 1-2 days in advance.
actually dun need to take so early train. i took a 7am train, reach hualien ard 0945.
there are front n rear exit in Hualien station.
go out the front exit n go to the right side where u see a lot of taxis.
the drivers offer to drive u to taroko various places n back to hualien station, charging each person NT550.
quite a gd deal i must say bcuz the time is more flexible.

the last train back to taipei is oso not 5pm+, its midnite.
anyway i came back hualien ard 5pm, eat dinner and took the 7pm train back to taipei. Remember to buy muah chee, bcuz tats the special in hualien. the more popular shop is "zeng ji".
Old 14-04-2005, 01:40 AM   #774

Hi Beyondgal,

Due to time constraint, my friend rather go to Hualian for a day trip instead of spending the night there. Can we take the earliest train there (3 hours journey) and come back in the evening and spend a couple of hours there? Is it easy to move around when we are in hualian, probably would want to to the Taroka National Park.

Heard train ticket to Hualian is NT890. That's pretty expensive.

the train ticket from taipei to hualien is 445NT for 自强号 and 345NT for 莒光号.
same from hualien to taipei.
Old 14-04-2005, 09:57 AM   #775
Master Member

Hi Damien,

Thanks very much for the good information. I think I may do that, where did you go visit in Hua Lian?
Old 14-04-2005, 10:01 AM   #776
Great Supremacy Member

tats wrong.
the earliest train to hualien is ard 0600, BUT u haf to book early. maybe 1-2 days in advance.
actually dun need to take so early train. i took a 7am train, reach hualien ard 0945.
there are front n rear exit in Hualien station.
go out the front exit n go to the right side where u see a lot of taxis.
the drivers offer to drive u to taroko various places n back to hualien station, charging each person NT550.
quite a gd deal i must say bcuz the time is more flexible.

the last train back to taipei is oso not 5pm+, its midnite.
anyway i came back hualien ard 5pm, eat dinner and took the 7pm train back to taipei. Remember to buy muah chee, bcuz tats the special in hualien. the more popular shop is "zeng ji".

when u buy the tcket?? on that day? going to hualien u book both ticket and return before 1 day enough??
Old 14-04-2005, 10:01 AM   #777
Great Supremacy Member

this 2 type whats the different?
Old 14-04-2005, 10:47 AM   #778
Master Member

this 2 type whats the different?
1 got faster speed 2 reach destination (so shorter time) u can tell which is faster by e tix price
Old 14-04-2005, 01:16 PM   #779

Hi Damien,

Thanks very much for the good information. I think I may do that, where did you go visit in Hua Lian?
i went up with the taxi driver. He showed us up from bottom until Tian Xiang (天祥 ).
which is almost all of taroko. The trip only cover taroko, but as it was still early, i requested 七星潭 before gg back to hualien station. but must pay a little bit extra...
wow, 七星潭 is very nice.

when u buy the tcket?? on that day? going to hualien u book both ticket and return before 1 day enough??
The ticket booth only start work ard 8am. so there is no way u can just walk into the taipei train station and expect to buy a 6-7am train ticket. so haf to buy 1day early.

I bought the return tickets at hualien station immediately after i alight from the train.
Old 14-04-2005, 01:19 PM   #780

1 got faster speed 2 reach destination (so shorter time) u can tell which is faster by e tix price
tats ususally true.
but must learn to see the timetable oso, depending on the destination, sometimes they take the same time.
i took 莒光to hualien n 自强 back to taipei, both 3hours.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.