HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2007, 04:54 AM   #7906
Arch-Supremacy Member

my friend say wufenpu is only slightly cheaper than ximending.. is it true? she says somemore theres no resting place at wufenpu...

at a tw forum, some people tell me to go only in the late afternoon so that its not so hot
wufenpu is like our bugis street x 10. gals will like it there, can shop until no need to eat. XMD not that many shops selling clothing and pricing is quite alright. Obviously going during late afternoon is better, not so hot then evening can go raohe night market to walk walk and buy food to eat.
Old 19-07-2007, 05:03 AM   #7907
Arch-Supremacy Member

so if im going for a 8days trip to TW, around how much SGD do i need to exchange to NT?

supposedly if im a mild shopper or an aggressive 1.

or is the spending factor same as here in singapore? (like fast food over there is oso SGD5-7 per meal?)
I went 10 days, spend 800+ exclusive of hotel fare.

Price of food there is slightly cheaper compared to SG.

It depend on what you like to buy, i bought 1 pair of basketball shoes and nike sandals, price is significantly lower than SG.

If you got a credit/debit card, don't need to change too much money. In fact i regret changing any money at all. you can go to taiwan and use the ATM to withdraw money, their exchange rate is better than any money exchanger in SG but you have to pay transcation fees for each withdrawal. If you going as a group and draw from 1 person account then it will be very worth it.
Old 19-07-2007, 09:04 AM   #7908
Master Member

wufenpu is like our bugis street x 10. gals will like it there, can shop until no need to eat. XMD not that many shops selling clothing and pricing is quite alright. Obviously going during late afternoon is better, not so hot then evening can go raohe night market to walk walk and buy food to eat.
yup went there twice, first time went at night, full force another time went at noon, whole street 90% closed. Most of the shops open earliest around 2-3pm
Old 19-07-2007, 09:05 AM   #7909

hwmook,

which banks credit/debit card can you use to withdraw cash from their ATM? How abt posb credit/debit?
Old 19-07-2007, 09:30 AM   #7910
Master Member

hwmook,

which banks credit/debit card can you use to withdraw cash from their ATM? How abt posb credit/debit?
actually those cards even atm cards that has the "Maestro", "Cirrus" or "Plus" logo at the back can be used if the machine displays their logo on the machine itself. Withdrawal just like how u withdraw in Singapore just that it adds an additional admin fee on top of the withdrawal amount.
Old 19-07-2007, 09:40 AM   #7911

Question

yup went there twice, first time went at night, full force another time went at noon, whole street 90% closed. Most of the shops open earliest around 2-3pm

but its all or 80% selling t-shirts? cant be buying that much t-shirts ..
dont have like cotton material blouses for girls?
Old 19-07-2007, 11:18 AM   #7912
Master Member

actually those cards even atm cards that has the "Maestro", "Cirrus" or "Plus" logo at the back can be used if the machine displays their logo on the machine itself. Withdrawal just like how u withdraw in Singapore just that it adds an additional admin fee on top of the withdrawal amount.
How much is the admin charges?

In SG, the exchange rate is around 21.7. Is the ATM in Taiwan higher than that?
Old 19-07-2007, 02:15 PM   #7913
Master Member

but its all or 80% selling t-shirts? cant be buying that much t-shirts ..
dont have like cotton material blouses for girls?
Yup they have alot of those cotton ones in fact, a website for u to see roughly the types of clothes u can find there. Most Tees can be found in shilin

http://tw.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A8tUxw1...Acutie_fashion

Last edited by shangsiang; 19-07-2007 at 02:21 PM..
Old 19-07-2007, 02:19 PM   #7914
Master Member

How much is the admin charges?

In SG, the exchange rate is around 21.7. Is the ATM in Taiwan higher than that?
the charges should be arnd $5 depending on the rate there but shouldnt be of alot of difference though. If u are changing $3000, 0.1 of rate difference is just NT300
Old 19-07-2007, 02:44 PM   #7915
Master Member

So is it advise to change in Singapore and bring cash over?

Does the hotel charge extra for Credit Card payments? If so, do they accept cash payment?
Old 19-07-2007, 03:38 PM   #7916
Master Member

So is it advise to change in Singapore and bring cash over?

Does the hotel charge extra for Credit Card payments? If so, do they accept cash payment?
think u can change say 500-1k here then if not enuff then withdraw there. yup they do accept credit but got extra charge or not u have to check with the hotel. Cash payment also can. I stayed at rainbow hotel and I pay on a daily basis
Old 19-07-2007, 03:50 PM   #7917
Supremacy Member

Yeah those ATM machines are life saver for me during my first visit to Taipei around 5 years back. I was representing Singapore under APEC sponsorship for a meeting there.

So I thought since it's sponsored, then the hotel fees should be paid already. So didnt exchange too much money there. We got a shock when we were told that we have to pay for the hotel charges upfront for 6 days and later claim back from APEC.

I was left with less than NT500 after paying and NT500 definitely not enough and that was our first day there!!!

Luckily found an ATM at the 'Xin Guang Shan Yue' shopping center after a treat by the Minister of Health of Taiwan (who later kena sacked due to booboos in SARS). All of us (from all over Asia including Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Hong Kong, Philipines and Japan) were so happy to have gotton the cash out of the machine haha

And yes, those ATMs with Cirrus, Meastro (depending on what is printed n your card) can withdraw one. The admin charges are negligible, especially when you are desparate!!
Old 19-07-2007, 07:16 PM   #7918

i`ll going to taipei end of nov n wan to stay in wonstar hotel.so may i noe when is the best time to call them to book for a room?

n also i can pay them cash or credit card when i reach there right?
Old 19-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #7919
Master Member

i`ll going to taipei end of nov n wan to stay in wonstar hotel.so may i noe when is the best time to call them to book for a room?

n also i can pay them cash or credit card when i reach there right?
u can call them now even if u scared haha. but 1 - 2 months b4 should be ok. yup u reach there then pay no worries =)
Old 20-07-2007, 09:40 AM   #7920

Yup they have alot of those cotton ones in fact, a website for u to see roughly the types of clothes u can find there. Most Tees can be found in shilin

http://tw.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A8tUxw1...Acutie_fashion
Thanks! so excited but the weather's really hot now, 36degree !!!!!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.